To open a Doctor's Bag, or not!

jellysundae

I just won one from Grave Danger and I'm not at all sure about the best thing to do with it, what do you guys think?

JN has them listed for a decent price.

41471.gif?474

Price History

8,350 NP (-600 NP) on November 2, 2017
8,950 NP (+350 NP) on October 17, 2017
8,600 NP (-1,400 NP) on October 12, 2017

But as I'm guaranteed 3 healing items from it, would it be better to open it? Or am I way more likely to get 3 items that are worth less than 1k between them than anything of value, or particularly useful to me, lol. Does anyone have any experience with these bags and can shed some light?

Having gone through the prices of everything that might be in it, there's more of decent value than I thought there would be.

Ofc a BIG part of me wants to open it just to see what's in it. :whistle:

Are you planning to use the stuff in the bag, or just sell it?  Most healing can be done free at the healing springs, so if you're looking for profit, I'd recommend selling the whole bag.   But if it's for fun, then go ahead and open it.   

Bags of broken neopoints are similar--it's usually more profitable to just sell them, but it's fun to take them and get them fixed, just to see what they were worth, even though I usually don't make as much in the end.

I have opened a couple of them when I needed to heal my pets and the fearie was being stubborn.  I needed the goggles for blurred vision.  I opened a bag, and poof, they were there.  However, I did not use them, I ate a poisonous jelly and had the cure for that too, as well as a sporkle syrup.  Ended up selling the syrup and the goggles.  Not bad! So, I wondered, does the prizes you get when opening the bag coincide with the illness your pet has?  Surely it must as I got the goggles, right?  WRONG!  I opened another bag when my pet was sick, nothing good.  So, I gather it is the same deal as opening a treasure chest.  Sometimes you get lucky, other times.........................eh, not so much so.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

I just sell them for a guaranteed profit. I've opened a couple of them and didn't get anything good, so I gave up trying.

@suzanoberle I think it would depend on what items I got. I do generally hold out for the free heal from the Springs, but I do give up and buy the cure if it's taking too long, lol.

Yeah I think I'm just going to open it. 8k is a nice amount, but it is "only" 8k, why deny myself the fun of seeing what's in it? I'm fully prepared for disappointment, xD

Ok, here's what I got!

A slice or two of this healthy pizza will cure NeoPox instantly.
NeoPox Pizza
Rub this lotion on your Neopets skin and they will soon be feeling better.
Mushroom Ointment
(very rare)
Rub this special cream on to your Neopets skin and its Reptillioritus will be cured.
Cactopus Cream
(uncommon)

So I have a free cure for Doldrums if my pets ever get that, thanks to a rather creepy mushroom potion, lol. 2.4k for that one, so it wasn't a total bust opening this. :D

Okay, you got the Mushroom Ointment. Mushroom cures are good to have around in my opinion. Cactopus Cream is hard to find unless you get really lucky at the pharmacy.  Overall. not a bad haul!

As an aside, that Cactopus cream looks like a seriously old item, lol. JN has no date for it, but I tend to take that as an indication of supreme age anyway.