Happy Vandagyre Day!

hrtbrk

Yep, Stealthy's looking pretty good. I really like the face plate thingy. I also rather like how the wraps around the ear tufts makes it look like it's wearing a cat headband. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

they missed a chance to make another real-life owl for camouflage ... 

I guess it would have been too different to all the other camouflage pets.

I don't like the camo one, makes me think of the kind of bedding that's aimed at teenage boys, lol. The ears look pretty . . .

4 minutes ago, Angeló said:

several camo pets are real-looking enough like the Cybunny , Kau , Kacheek and Ogrin , I don't see this Vandagyre blending into anything .. neither Mountain nor Forest

It would blend into a teenage boy's duvet cover? :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It would blend into a teenage boy's duvet cover? :ph34r:

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a teenage boy but I have pillowcases that are similar to this :laughingsmiley: I have no idea how though since I have no matching sheets...

Not even good water camo, too much purple.  Seriously, where is this supposed to be camouflaging? 

The colors are rather pretty, but not camo.  And yes, it's the kind of stuff that's marketed to camo crazy people.  Though, again with the purple, I think it'd be more for southern girls than boys. The kind of stuff that's also in pink camo.

I'm going to break away from all of you and say I LOVE the Camo Vanda! :heart:

I just love the colors and the cuteness! I just might paint Dawarie Camo now.

To me it looks like a camo pattern and not an actual color for hiding within things like the other pets are. It actually reminds me of my 3 year old when she paints a picture. Just color splotches all over the place.

The Stealthy is very nice too! I'm not a fan of the clothes this round. The lipstick is probably about the only thing I'd want.

I like the clothes, it seems like the lipstick would be pretty useful for a lot of customs if you want to give your vandagyre a red beak. Actually with the holidays coming up I can see it being really popular. The hair is the only thing that I don't entirely jive with, but I don't hate it. 

3 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

The hair is the only thing that I don't entirely jive with, but I don't hate it.

I don't think I've seen hair on a pet that I like. I find it kind of unsettling...? Like, that's not human but it's trying to be and it's creeping me out!

Thinking on what you guys are saying about the colours chosen for camouflage pets; I wonder what thought process is behind the choices. Or if there even is one, ofc! As @Angeló said, with some of them the camo paint job makes them look like a more realistic RL creature, but with others it is just totally unrealistic colour combos and they'd only be able to hide themselves against soft furnishings and clothes, it's all a bit bizarre!

I think some of the original camo ideas were supposed to be based on the neopian backstory of where the pet is from.  Meant to hide in their native environment.  So water ones more watery, lost desert pets more deserty etc.  Then, like with RW stuff, people just decided camo pattern looked cool, and started doing color combos never seen in nature.

I already saw these yesterday evening, but then there wasn't a post yet so I'm a bit late with commenting. But I had to comment because these two colours are just wonderful.

Stealth pets, I probably love them all. Although this one doesn't look as mischievous as some others with squinted eyes (see below), which is for me a missed opportunity because I love that detail, the Vandagyre looks pretty rad. The clothing is nice and detailed and the colour is beautiful (I want to see it without the outfit!), but there are also some strange things going on. For example,  is the tail feather clothed or coloured? I would imagine it to be not clothed, because you wouldn't clothe a tail feather, but the marking is so smooth that it also doesn't really look like it's coloured. Now Ilook at the arm feathers, which have the same pattern, I think it is actually coloured and not clothed, but then still the light blue line is amazingly smooth for a coloured feather. Other than that I do not get the bandages around the ears. I always imagined that those two fluff balls would be just that-fluff- and not actually ears. I thought Vandagyres to be sort of owls, and owls do not have physical ears, but only ear tufts made of feather...

4.png4.png4.png_p4_500_biko_groot.jpg

Look at this majestic Eagle Owl or "Oehoe" in Dutch (because they make ''oohooo'' sounds)

The camouflage looks lovely. It's a nice base colour for customization (if vandagyres were good customizable-that is! They still cannot wear as much clothes as the old pets. The eyes are beautifully golden and really stand out with all that purple

The clothing is okay. I like the lipstick, it has a nice bordeaux red colour. The dress is nice enough and the jewelry too. The wig is... I have no idea wat is going on there. It is 2D on a 3D head. I am just confused :confused:

I see they're calling these items "jute", which explains the odd texture of the wig, at least, they've stood a doormat on the Vandagyre's head!

I'd assumed it was an American Indian kind of outfit because of the dress, it's got that buckskin look about it, but maybe it's actually meant to be hippy?

15 hours ago, Josi said:

Stealth pets, I probably love them all. Although this one doesn't look as mischievous as some others with squinted eyes (see below), which is for me a missed opportunity because I love that detail, the Vandagyre looks pretty rad. The clothing is nice and detailed and the colour is beautiful (I want to see it without the outfit!), 

Here's the stealthy vandagyre without the clothes

medium_preview.png

On 11/15/2017 at 11:33 AM, Panthersclaw said:

Here's the stealthy vandagyre without the clothes

medium_preview.png

I really like that, the Stealth base looks classy to me. It's colour without being a distraction from your customisation. I even like the eyes, such a pretty colour! Though I'd probably cover them up with contacts a lot of the time if I had a stealth pet, depending on their current outfit.

They look cute as heck with the Armin contacts

medium_preview.png

But then so does any other pet, lol.  Oh for more affordable/obtainable options!

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

those are NC though , right ?

that Vanda looks frickin adorable with them on

Yeah, they are : / Aren't just about all the best items?

oh! I love the stealthy colour! It is pretty cool, and I like the detailing.
I do agree, though,that the eyes could have been better. I actually believe it would be pretty nice for them to be deep dark blue, or deep dark grey, something really dark-ish, but not that blind-looking as these... they should have pupils and so...
I like the colour, however when compared to the three added in the comment (Shoyru, Blumaroo and Kyri), I think this Vandagyre could have been nicer with the maroon additions here and there... and yes, with the contact it looks fantastic, like totally adorable birdie, very cute and so on point! This make me think there should be deep maroon, deep dark green and dark blue / navy blue colours available for the pets, instead of red, green and blue :D yellow are rarely good, so I dont care, but sometimes these coulours could simply be more defined. And navy blue version could be awesome