NC Trading Attempt

Someone contacted me the other day asking to trade for three NC items that I have.  I've never done NC trading before.  I was contacted once before, but couldn't find anything I wanted in their UFT equal to the value (by ~Korolie) of the item they wanted from me.  Well, I'm having much the same issue now.  

They want from me:

Sparkling Faerie Wings ~3-5
Dazzling Cave Lights ~5
Entrance to Fyoras Castle Background ~3-4

I found on their trade list (https://items.jellyneo.net/mywishes/dricabiomed/36322/) these things that I like (I'm still kind of looking)

Enchanted Tale Background ~1
Bog Shanty Background ~1
Enchanting Boat Ride Background ~1
Altador Cup Support Gown ~1-2
Carnival Wings ~1
Colourful Blossom Gown ~1
Warm Fur-lined Dress ~1-2
Beautiful Shenkuu Mountain Background ~1
Negg Gazebo Background ~1-2

I'm not sure how many of those ~1s are actually 2:1s.  I also know that for people who DO do trading a lot, that using that many boxes could be an issue for them.  

http://impress.openneo.net/user/31571-balloongal247/closet  This is my closet, I already have several of the items they have UFT.  

Does anyone have any advice for me? @kirschteins?

I found a few more things I rather like.

Bundled Up Winter Scarf ~1-2
Caroller Capelet ~1-2
Gemstone Formation Foreground ~1
Maraquan Pirates Background ~1-2
MME14-S3: Striking Golden Caplet ~1-2
Polka Dot Ombre Scarf ~1-2

I guess I've found enough things that I like of theirs that it would be a good trade, if they have that many boxes to spare.  I would still appreciate someone who knows NC trading though to check.  I don't know enough to know whether this is a fair trade or not.  I don't want to ask for too much or too little.  (They did say that they've been searching for my items a long time, so that indicates to me that they probably value them to the high end of their ranges. Also, only one of the items was in my possible UFT list, the other two were just in my owned items.)

I do think that sounds fair of you to ask... those dazzling cave lights, for instance, are pretty sought after (I'm jealous lol they're so pretty... this post makes me kinda want to seek some out, too!)

Yes, using a lot of boxes is a challenge... but equally your items (in my opinion) are worth not just settling for a few items of theirs that are quite widely available. Many of the items you've asked in return can be given from GBCs or retired item type capsules.

Another thing people do sometimes for highly valued trades is ask for something from the mall with a higher value, such as a super pack or event pack (like haunted hijinks etc). Obviously that only works if the timing is right and there's something you like.

I do a fair bit of trading, but I'm sure no expert. I just know that if it were me, I would think it wasn't too much to ask on your end.

And, (I feel a little cheesy saying this, but it never hurts lol) in the event your trade partner disagrees... feel free to contact me if you still are willing to trade those lights. I have a lot of the items from that list to offer and would be ok with using the GBCs. Just sayin' :biggrin:

Quite a few of the things you're interested in are in the mall, quite permanently!  I recognize some of the backgrounds specifically, so I'd say those are probably 2:1!

If people really want something, they'll spend a lot of boxes!  I think you're definitely the one with the higher ground here.

11 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

@charelan, do you have an UFT list?  I'll give them a few more hours to respond, since that's about how long I took to deliberate on the trade, but if they don't respond today, I'm telling them nevermind.

Sure do! Its https://items.jellyneo.net/mywishes/charelan/115495/

I also have lots of GBCs etc and there are now war booty chests in the mall, too.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kirschteins said:

Did you figure out something that worked? =)
Sorry, I kind of didn't open my computer for a month; life has been weird lately! ^^;

Yes, I called off the original trade when they didn't respond within a few days and traded with @charelan instead. :D  She had better stuff anyway.