customization

maj

I am new here . If  not in the right place forgive me. I have been having a problem with customizing my pets on my majesticwolftoy pets and since we have the new pet I really need to fix this. I do not know why neopets will not let me customize on this particular site for me. I need all of your expert's with customization to tell me why neopets is not letting me customize on my pet page. What information do you need? I have done everything. I have Chrome on my computer and it works fine for my 2 group of pets. It lets me look under the neocash to dress and backgrounds to try. It won't let me go in and customize. I have not been frozen or anything like that. They had me believing it was one of my pets dressed in out of date something's . That is not true. I have tried everything I know with settings on my end.. They are all okay and like I said it works on my other pets just fine

Please if anybody had a clue for me contact me here or gmail [removed]  Thank-you anybody. My daughter and I think it is neopets and we don't know why they won't fix this problem for me. It has been about 7 months and now the Holiday's are here. I love entering customizing game. 

Lynette

20 minutes ago, charelan said:

What is happening when you try? Do you go to the customization page and it crashes? I had that problem before and turned out I had too many items in my closet. I had to store some in my SDB and then it worked.

Oh gosh, I only noticed recently how there's a 650 max amount for your closet. It makes sense as the entire closet has to load every time you customise, but I SO wish there was a "wearables" category for your SDB so you could easily find what you had in there!

I tried going through all my SDB recently, and removing all the wearable things, because there's stuff in there that I didn't know I had because it's hard to find. I not only lost the will to live before I'd got half way through, but I then realised I wouldn't have room in my closet for everything anyway. :axehead:

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh gosh, I only noticed recently how there's a 650 max amount for your closet. It makes sense as the entire closet has to load every time you customise, but I SO wish there was a "wearables" category for your SDB so you could easily find what you had in there!

I tried going through all my SDB recently, and removing all the wearable things, because there's stuff in there that I didn't know I had because it's hard to find. I not only lost the will to live before I'd got half way through, but I then realised I wouldn't have room in my closet for everything anyway. :axehead:

To help with this exact issue I keep track of every wearable I own and categorize them (by say backgrounds, garlands, dresses, wigs, etc) through DTI. Then, when I am dressing my pet, I also use the DTI advanced search function 'only include items I own'. Then I can just pull the relevant items out of my SDB as I need them. 

@jellysundae, I agree with @charelan.  Import all of your wearables into DTI and then you can just sign in and search items you own, even combined with what field it's in, so you don't get overwhelmed you can focus on one part of the customization at at time.  Then, when you've created your outfit, you can search your SDB for those item names, and put them in your closet, then go in and switch outfits, and not have to scroll through hundreds of items in that tiny window.

However, they do have an option in account preferences to remove the closet limit.  But, I wouldn't recommend it, as even well below that limit a full closet can cause customization to break.  So until they redo customization, which will probably be when they redo all of neopets, it's best to only keep current outfits in the closet, and thank the DTI staff for all their hard work.

Thank you ladies!!! :heart: I don't think I was fully aware that you could use DTI like that. :D

Now, I have an issue . . . I believe I've done this to myself too, but I'm not sure!

Um, ok . . . when you zap a pet and you get one with clothes. I've got a bunch of paintbrush clothes in my closet, and you can't remove them, can you. Does this mean, that each time you get a dressed pet from a zap that you've permanently lost more space from your closet, and in theory you could end up with it completely fully of paint brush clothes with no room for anything else! (obvs this would take quite a while, lol)

When I say I've done this myself, I mean will I have put these items into my closet myself, or is it an automatic thing when you get a pirate etc. pet?

Can I avoid losing any more closet space by not removing the paint brush clothes from any future zapped pets?

I think paint brush clothes probably do count toward the limit, and clothes that are currently on your pets count toward the limit.  So, you can avoid losing closet space by always transferring the clothed painted pets instead of just pounding.  I also have a list on DTI with all the PB clothes I have in my closet so that if anyone is desperate for their clothes, I can adopt another pet of the same species and use them as a carrier to send the PB clothes.  (I think I got this idea from @kirschteins) It's an involved process, so it'll probably be just for the more clothed clothes rather than like the usul headbands or whatever I have a lot of.  You can do this, and then if anyone is looking for clothes you have, they can contact you.

I think they are completely redoing the customization GUI, so everything we know about the closet may change in the next few years.

51 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I think paint brush clothes probably do count toward the limit, and clothes that are currently on your pets count toward the limit.  So, you can avoid losing closet space by always transferring the clothed painted pets instead of just pounding.  I also have a list on DTI with all the PB clothes I have in my closet so that if anyone is desperate for their clothes, I can adopt another pet of the same species and use them as a carrier to send the PB clothes.  (I think I got this idea from @kirschteins) It's an involved process, so it'll probably be just for the more clothed clothes rather than like the usul headbands or whatever I have a lot of.  You can do this, and then if anyone is looking for clothes you have, they can contact you.

I think they are completely redoing the customization GUI, so everything we know about the closet may change in the next few years.

Yeah I've seen people on DTI with paint brush clothes available, after this experience I FINALLY understand how that works!

So, speaking of involved processes . . . I could, if I was so inclined, clear the unwanted paint brush clothes out of my closet myself, I think  . . .

Let's see if I can think this through!

• adopt a pet that I have clothes for
  • dress it then transfer it to my second account
  • pound it

This would do it, yes? I'm not bothered about the items cluttering up my second account's closet as I only made that account so I could participate in the ALP.

Having now got all the items in my closet visible on one page on DTI (thank you again for telling me about that!) I can see just how many things I can put back into my SDB! I won a lot of clothes from Charity Corner and just about all of those can be put away and will free up a lot of space. :D

@maj I just want to apologise for hijacking your thread! lol. Also to thank you for making it, because without it I'd not have asked the things that I have, so I'd not have learnt the things that I have today. :D

Well, yes, that would move the clothes to your side account, or you could transfer the pet to anyone else who wanted the clothes in step 2.  It doesn't have to be the color from which the clothes came, just the species (ie, you could "cross paint" a basic with the clothes).

You can also, in the customization page, search for items based on your closet, try them on (as you do there) and completely dress the pet there, before you get anything out of the SDB.  That way you have the trial and error phase only on DTI.