Wraith Resurgence: Join The Fight

hrtbrk

Just now, missemmielou said:

Sorry I keep clicking the box to get the puzzle and it just plays music then sends me back to the main plot page I'm guessing its a glitch?

ohh whoops I forgot that's the next step!  I heard some browsers are glitched for the key puzzle.  I use firefox, maybe try switching? ;w;

28 minutes ago, stebenjos said:

In the puzzle there are various letters hidden throughout that spell a location. They don't have to be consecutive (like a traditional word search) as long as it spells it out following the flow of the lines from left to right, top to bottom.

If you'd like some additional help, here are some of the answers people have been finding for theirs:

Hide contents

UGGASHINIES, HAUNTEDHOUSE, TURDLERACING, ANCHORMANA, SLUSHIESHOP, EXQUISITEAMBROSIA, QASALANDEL, etc

Thanks, I solved mine too
Here's how I solved mine:

copy the string of letters, refresh the page maybe 3 or 4 times

Then, eliminate the letters one by one from the first, leaving only the repeated ones

after getting the first 4 letters or so, the rest will fill in automatically

27 minutes ago, Rometus said:

ohh whoops I forgot that's the next step!  I heard some browsers are glitched for the key puzzle.  I use firefox, maybe try switching? ;w;

Yes I sent in a support ticket but I've tried on firefox, chrome and internet explorer so I'm going to give up for now I think :(

There are still a few glitches in this thing (I'm assuming), because when I solved the mysic murmurs thing, the pop-up from Kaia disappeared so quickly I had no time to read it, and when I went to the location that I got from the word search, nothing happened.

Then, after failing to load the page a few times, I managed to get to the lock picking part, and after a lot more misses and clicks that did nothing at all, I managed to pick the lock. It was only then that a battledome challenger appeared at the location I'd previously gone to.

(Or maybe you're supposed to pick the lock first and then solve the murmur and I just did it in the wrong order.)

(Oh, and I just checked the achievements, but no prize yet for picking the lock.)

2 hours ago, missemmielou said:

Yes I sent in a support ticket but I've tried on firefox, chrome and internet explorer so I'm going to give up for now I think :(

Do you have an ad-blocker? In my case I need to disable it (on firefox) for the lock-picking page to propoerly load (both the game and a 20-second advert).

2 hours ago, ervants said:

Thanks, I solved mine too
Here's how I solved mine:

copy the string of letters, refresh the page maybe 3 or 4 times

Then, eliminate the letters one by one from the first, leaving only the repeated ones

after getting the first 4 letters or so, the rest will fill in automatically

Thanks! That worked very well. My answer was

Turdle Racing

22 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

I. . . won?  Omg, I actually beat the wraith!  I couldn't even beat the easy challenger last time I tried to fight XD  Are we supposed to get something from it, though, or is it just something to fight?

You need to fill the bar on the achievements page to 100% to get the prize, so keep fighting :)

Right! Let's let my derpage free on you all. :lmaosmiley:

I managed Kaia's murmuring thanks to @Scoobert_Doo's explanation, thank you muchly, my good sir!

But I can't get beyond this. I saw the light faerie message pop up. BUT, I only know it was from a light faerie because of looking at the guide on JN, as the box disappeared before I had a chance to even read it, let alone click on it, lol, so, I don't seem to be able to get to the chest now? I can open the page for it via JN's link, but, it changes to the HQ page after a few seconds, before whatever's on that page can load. I have disabled adblock already.

I'm stumped at the moment. :blush:

Whoa, EDIT!!! Hold the presses, I figured something out for myself! :dance:

I went back to Kaia and found that by clicking on my answer to the puzzle it took me to the place (that was good of JS!)and the light faerie message showed up again, so I could click on it this time and get to the chest!

Page still wouldn't load, but it at least let me stay there, so . . progress? :laugh:

Eventually something happened and I saw it was a MASSIVE ad stopping things, so I enabled Adblock again, refreshed, and now I'm looking at the chest!

*triumphant music*

I'm now quitting while I'm ahead and going for a bath. xD

Apparently you can get the ectoplasm from the wraith, at least if you use the spear.  So you need to fight them before getting all your items from the dome.

@jellysundae, go to http://www.neopets.com/twr/lockpuzzle/lock.phtml to unlock the chest.  You should be able to do it again even after you've already opened, in order to try for the achievement.  And you can refresh if you get 3 misses, in order to reset your miss count.

29 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Apparently you can get the ectoplasm from the wraith, at least if you use the spear.  So you need to fight them before getting all your items from the dome.

@jellysundae, go to http://www.neopets.com/twr/lockpuzzle/lock.phtml to unlock the chest.  You should be able to do it again even after you've already opened, in order to try for the achievement.  And you can refresh if you get 3 misses, in order to reset your miss count.

Oops.. if so, then that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow now ): thanks for the info though!

Yeah, I'm not sure that has been confirmed.  I already did my real battles earlier, but I got 3 nerks, so I guess it was worth it?  

I'm curious, what arena is Snapjaw in for you?  Is it based on where your puzzle gave them to you?  Because mine is the rattling cauldron and I got them at the Haunted House.  

57 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Yes, I can, now, lol. I couldn't initially because I never got to click on the light faerie message so that page you linked to, which I went to via the JN link, wouldn't work for me, it just kicked me back to the main page all the time.

But once I found I could get to the message again by clicking on my answer to Kaia's puzzle I got things to work. :D

How do you get the spear? I solved the word puzzle, got the challenger and picked the lock but i got the other weapon. I figured you would have to provide Telia with 3 Wraith Ectoplasm to get the potion (I figured it's a quest) .....

@balloongal247 I unlocked the chest even though I had 11 misses so I don't think there's a limit on the misses

Okay, I'm super excited about this plot!   However....  I had three misses when opening the chest, so I take it this means I don't get a prize?  And some people have been getting the Wraith Ectoplasm when they battle?  So far I have none.   Maybe everything will become clear in a day or so.

Yes, you can unlock the chest with any number of misses, but to get the achievement you can have no more than 3.  3 should still get you the achievement.  The spear is an achievement reward from battling the wraith.  5 times on hard, 10 on medium, 20 on easy or some combination thereof.

Supposedly one person got the ectoplasm.  It may or may not be a hoax.

http://www.neopets.com/twr/achievements/

Update: If you have 25 misses or more it gives you the option of retrying and tells you you aren't very good at this LOL

Update 2: the first time you unlock it you have no limit on misses, after that is when it limits you to the 3. I finally got it with only one miss and got a lock picking kit. No spear yet :(

Update 3: Got the Spear!! Yaaayyyyyy!!!

I believe that to obtain the Wraith Ectoplasm, we just need to keep fighting every day until we eventually get 3 of the item... I'm using the spear, just in case you need to use it to get the Ectoplasm.

Maybe we'll have the answer tomorrow or in the upcoming days! Good luck to everyone. :)

Hmm, interesting.  I just started battling the space fungus.  Not sure why, habit I guess.  The staff of Devilish Laughter only did 8 air damage on him.  Poisonous spear wand did same as it had been.  

Apparently Fungus didn't bust a gut laughing?

Screenshot 2017-11-18 at 10.27.36 AM.png