Wraith Resurgence: Join The Fight

hrtbrk

7 hours ago, missemmielou said:

Sorry I keep clicking the box to get the puzzle and it just plays music then sends me back to the main plot page I'm guessing its a glitch?

I don't even have the box? I solved the murmurs but nothing else? I found the page where the box should be, but if I click it it plays music for a few seconds and before I can see or do anything I get send back to the main page. It's like I can't do anything else at the moment?

Oh, I had to visit the location first that was found in the murmurs! Now it works! YAY!

Edited by Duma

On a related note, codestone and dubloon prices seem to have plummeted.  I guess everyone hoarding for wars released already and messed up their own plan?  Or just more people battling and getting codes?

Maybe also the glitch last night where people didn't have an item cap.

5 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

On a related note, codestone and dubloon prices seem to have plummeted.  I guess everyone hoarding for wars released already and messed up their own plan?  Or just more people battling and getting codes?

Maybe also the glitch last night where people didn't have an item cap.

Yup. I noticed it too just now. JN price was 800 more for Bri than the first thing that came up in my SW search. I think prices are dropping because the war has started and there's a glut of codestones. plus BD today for me anyway gave out a lot of codestones. if things stay like this during the plot, I'd at least stock pile codestones for future training and that's a plus for me!

Yeah, my red codestone was only... Ooh, I just found one for 2k!...  20k instead of the 30+ it's been, so I moved that from my shop to my SDB.  I stopped being willing to pay 30+ for each of my codestones, but for 20, I'll finish getting my defense to the next boost.

16 hours ago, charelan said:

hmmm... unlocked the chest but no achievement awarded... this happen to anyone else?

ok, yes me too.  I was just coming to ask that question.  I have gotten all of the other awards.  Probably a glitch.  Hoping they get it fixed soon.

Edit: Ok, so the staff of devilish laughter which is supposed to be awarded for unlocking the chest, which I do believe it was, but when I look up the prizes, my present box is still grayed out under the treasure chest:wacko:.  I don't understand.

Maybe some people were holding on to their codestones until the war started, in the hopes that the prices would skyrocket? That along with now a lot more people battling and getting codestones could drop the price, but I wonder how long! I'm keeping my codestones in my shop for the price I had them in before the war, I'll see if it sells or not.

I hope the glitched out potion step and the 2 other battledome achievments get opened up soon, but since I have to work tonight, I hope it doesn't need to be done "today". I hope they keep at least the "1 and a half" day for the first day if we have things to do on day of release for final rewards!

3 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Yes, you can unlock the chest with any number of misses, but to get the achievement you can have no more than 3.  3 should still get you the achievement.  The spear is an achievement reward from battling the wraith.  5 times on hard, 10 on medium, 20 on easy or some combination thereof.

Supposedly one person got the ectoplasm.  It may or may not be a hoax.

http://www.neopets.com/twr/achievements/

It's actually 4 misses or less from what I'm seeing.

Still trying to figure out how to get all the battledome achievements. I got the bar up to 200% so I'm guessing certain percentages unlock the different tiers?

Edit;

Looks like the wraith ectoplasm can be won in battle;

4cdbf0c12c.png

c57de5e5bd.png90d4badd7f.png

19 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Still trying to figure out how to get all the battledome achievements. I got the bar up to 200% so I'm guessing certain percentages unlock the different tiers?

Edit;

That pic has been floating around for a while and it seems to be fake. People have been battling for hours with and without the spear and haven't gotten anything (even without having the max items received cap). We're probably either still missing something (possibly the 3rd location where the purple stuff is), or the ecto is supposed to drop from the wraith but it's currently bugged. The different battledome achievement tiers are currently bugged as well.

Just now, stebenjos said:

That pic has been floating around for a while and it seems to be fake. People have been battling for hours with and without the spear and haven't gotten anything (even without having the max item received cap). We're probably either still missing something (possibly the 3rd location where the purple stuff is), or the ecto is supposed to drop from the wraith but it's currently bugged.

I think it's possible a few people got it but with them still fixing things and all the glitches it's not dropping it anymore

19 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Edit;

Reveal hidden contents

4cdbf0c12c.png

c57de5e5bd.png90d4badd7f.png

I thought I saw less than 4, so max 3.  The battledome achievements unlock at 100%, but two of them aren't actually unlocking prizes.  

Did YOU win it in battle, or is that the one unconfirmed one where the person poofed from their thread?

1 minute ago, balloongal247 said:

I thought I saw less than 4, so max 3.  The battledome achievements unlock at 100%, but two of them aren't actually unlocking prizes.  

Did YOU win it in battle, or is that the one unconfirmed one where the person poofed from their thread?

I found it on a thread, but I really don't see how they could fake something like that. The item looks like a JS design. But who knows,

Jellyneo is stating that is take 4 or less misses to get it, not 3 or less and I've had a few people in my guild still get 4 misses and the achievement .

Is anyone going up and above the 100% I'm seeing people for to 10k O.o

4 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I found it on a thread, but I really don't see how they could fake something like that. The item looks like a JS design. But who knows,

Jellyneo is stating that is take 4 or less misses to get it, not 3 or less and I've had a few people in my guild still get 4 misses and the achievement .

Is anyone going up and above the 100% I'm seeing people for to 10k O.o

The theory is that they found the item pic, and edited the screenshot.

I thought someone here said they had 4 misses and didn't get it.  Oh well.

I'm at 2800%.  I only started this morning, I think I'd gone offline by the time the plot was announced last night.

I think as with AC and other events, if you want the top prizes from the prize shop you'll have to go way above and beyond.

Just now, balloongal247 said:

The theory is that they found the item pic, and edited the screenshot.

I thought someone here said they had 4 misses and didn't get it.  Oh well.

I'm at 2800%.  I only started this morning, I think I'd gone offline by the time the plot was announced last night.

same here, I didn't know it was up till right now, but I'm reading about all the glitches and am discovering a few myself xD

Interesting! I just went back to the "chest", via the "Achievements" page, and I was able to play the "Lock Picking" game, again. This time, I did it without any "misses" and I was awarded the "Amateur Lock Picker" achievement and was able to get the prize - "Lock Picking Kit". gif_twr_lockpickit.gif  Last night, when I played, I did have 4 "misses" and did not get the achievement. Either TNT is being kind, by letting us play the game as many times as we want, or because there have been a few "glitches" with this plot, so far.

As for the Ectoplasm, I believe @munnawindz and @WhiteWolf are on the right track. They mentioned they think the Ectoplasm can be found from the clue on Taelia's note - "When one thing ceases to exist, another takes its place." Both were mentioning a place or location to get it. Many on the Neoboards mentioned the "Giant Omelette" and the "Giant Jelly". When you got to both locations and grab a piece, you will get a message and the background will change to a purple haze. I don't believe it is a reference to Jimi Hendrix's song, "Purple Haze", either, but that would be cool! When I click on either "Ok" or "Got To HQ", and check on Taelia's page, or my inventory, nothing. However I do wonder where the third location would be. I tried "Anchor Management", but no haze or message. And, I believe that part maybe "glictchy", too. The haze doesn't stay and flashes off and on and the message doesn't always pop-up (hence why I didn't type it). So, either it is not working, or it is not for the Ectoplasm and is just part of the plot story - "Hey! A Snapjaw Wraith was here!" And, "Go fight it in the Battledome!" or whatever.

EDIT: Does anyone else think the "Lock Picking" game music is neat, like I do?

@Scoobert_Doo, Apparently some people have looked at the source code at the omelette and jelly, and they are places where we'll have to use the potions we get.  The best theory is still that it's supposed to come from the battledome, and they messed it up (since they obviously messed with the battledome's prize giving).

I think they have to keep letting you try for the achievement, because it would be unfair to potentially miss it before you even know it was a possibility.

I find it interesting that they chose the Giant Jelly, a completely mythical food source in a completely mythical land, for this.

@balloongal247, Ah, that would make sense to use the potions there! And I do remember @stebenjos saying the Battledome was giving out more than 15 prizes. I, too, thought Ectoplasm would have been given randomly as a prize for battling the Wraith. They did manage to have different prizes, though. I got a few items I've never received. Seems they should have been to add Ectoplasm without issues, but... Oh, well. I guess we will have to wait until Monday to see if there is new news, or if it gets fixed. Do you know if the Battledome "more than 15 prizes issue" has been fixed? I do not want my account to frozen, as I usually just keep fightin' until I get the message that I've receive my NP and prizes for the day, and not tracking how many items I do actually get.

6 hours ago, BEE. said:

Oops.. if so, then that means I'll have to wait until tomorrow now ): thanks for the info though!

You don't need to wait! I reloaded the page and it let me go. I then got it on my second try with a few misses. Then, after I got it, I did it again with 0 misses and unlocked the achievement. 

3 minutes ago, poetic_mouse said:

Perhaps we need to visit the places with the purple haze (like omelet and jelly) when it's all gone?

The first time I visited, the jelly was out, and the omelette was there.  They both had the purple haze.  It seemed like omelette's haze had to load first, because jelly didn't have it when I first looked at the page, and then I looked at om and switched back to jelly tab and then it was there.  That could have just been a fluke of loading though.

@Hannah., I think @BEE. meant that if the ectoplasm is a drop she'll have to wait until tomorrow because she'd already gotten max items from the battledome today.