Wraith Resurgence: Join The Fight

hrtbrk

Given you literally get it for free, I'm not surprised. People are still trying to ask for exorbitant amounts of NP for it though.

Edit: Um, I just had this happen. What?

8af6230777.png

My battle pet has 360 HP, so the Snapjaw Wraith somehow did over 250 damage to me in a single turn, having previously only been able to do 48 damage at the most... while Lens Flare'd. Bug?

Edit2: Okay, thanks Wheel of Monotony for taking me to the Lair of the Beast and dropping my battle pet to 1 HP during battle without notifying me. I was concerned that the Snapjaw Wraith got tired of me endlessly wailing on it and channelled its pent up rage into taking out my whole healthbar in 1 shot.

11 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Edit2: Okay, thanks Wheel of Monotony for taking me to the Lair of the Beast and dropping my battle pet to 1 HP during battle without notifying me. I was concerned that the Snapjaw Wraith got tired of me endlessly wailing on it and channelled its pent up rage into taking out my whole healthbar in 1 shot.

TOTALLY relate to this!

It's one of the reasons (boredom being the other xD) Why I stopped regularly spinning the WoM.

Oh, ANND, it trolling me by giving me the avatar at least once a week <_<

As an aside - them coding the wraiths so they could do that to you, would have spiced things up a bit, wouldn't it! xD It would have made an awful lot of people rage (probably me included xD) but it would have been a pretty clever and inventive move on JS's part.

Better watch out if we get harder opponents as this progresses, because they just might have actually thought of it . . . :ph34r:

So what's going on with the event is it on hold or something? There's been no progression whatsoever past the potion part O.o

7 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

So what's going on with the event is it on hold or something? There's been no progression whatsoever past the potion part O.o

Hopefully they're busy fixing the things that aren't working, so we can complete this part, before activating the next bit.

Or maybe, because not everything's working yet, there's something we still need to complete before we can move forward.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. :D

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Plot updates are historically Tuesdays and Fridays but who knows if things will be delayed since 1) it's jumpstart 2) it's been glitched for 4 days :/

57 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Historically, plots release new details and steps once or twice a week for two months or so.

Oh really? In other plots I've played it's always been everyday, but I've never played a huge plot like this before as it's come out. I didn't realize it was drawn out for so long. That's a bit annoying xD

3 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Oh really? In other plots I've played it's always been everyday, but I've never played a huge plot like this before as it's come out. I didn't realize it was drawn out for so long. That's a bit annoying xD

Well, I think the last full war plot might have been the faerie's ruin like 8 years ago?  Usually they had comics though.  I guess this time the dialogue is taking the place of that?  It's drawn out so much because it's supposed to be the major site event for the year or two.  I can't remember if there were so many other events back then (like AC, GMC, whatever it is people are looking forward to later this month, etc.)

15 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Well, I think the last full war plot might have been the faerie's ruin like 8 years ago?  Usually they had comics though.  I guess this time the dialogue is taking the place of that?  It's drawn out so much because it's supposed to be the major site event for the year or two.  I can't remember if there were so many other events back then (like AC, GMC, whatever it is people are looking forward to later this month, etc.)

Yeah I'm use to the "plots" like AC and GMC which has a new challenge everyday. I didn't know the big plots were so long and drawn out haha 

Makes sense though, I didn't get to participate much in Faeries Ruin so I'm not sure how they go.

37 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Apparently what people were anticipating was the GMC, which has now started.  You can tell I don't really do the AC or GMC.  I am super excited about this war plot though.  I've been training my Xwee for years.  Off and on at least.  In the actual Obelisk war I couldn't get past the 3rd round (could barely beat them on medium), and wasn't able to "do my part" on the group opponent at the end either.  (the boss round)  I'm not sure I did any war portions before that.  

I've played Neo for over 10 years, but never actually participated in a plot like this. I finished everything that's required as of right now and I'm stoked for the whole thing haha. Thanks to everyone that posted on here for being so helpful! I was lost at the beginning for sure :)

There might not have been any new updates since it was the weekend, though take my input with a grain of salt since I've never really gotten to properly participate in a plot with actual wars, not counting the original Obelisk event.
It's Monday now, though, which means a New Features update, and in that update, this:

image.png.a5600c162833fb5cea58b8d47d720d38.png

Has anyone discovered the purple haze on any other locations besides the Giant Jelly and Omelette? The "I think it's spreading" line leads me to believe that more locations could potentially be affected.

Edit: Also, the event weapons do extra iconage against the Wraiths, so I'd advise you to use them unless you have something better.

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I haven't noticed it, but did anyone else see the sign saying to pick up your items, or they'd be donated near the chest?  Wonder if that'll turn into anything.

I haven't seen that; can you provide a screenshot of the page?

Sorry, had to wait until I got to work and had a computer to play with.  The note with the red circle.  I tried going to the soup kitchen, but it did not look different.  

Edit:  And if you click the one Kaia has a pen on, it says 

"Report to the Colonel about any sightings of the wraith!

I hope all of our efforts are not in vain!

I hope all of our efforts are not in vain! "

The one that almost looks like it is a rock behind the faerie statue says 

"To those wondering about the news, or lack thereof, I verify that you will get more information soon.

Faeries that are facing opponents in the Battledome are exempt from participating in the Faerie Festival.

Rose vendors are not allowed inside the festival gates. "

And the one under the rocks at the chest says 

"Take care of your belongings. Objects left lying around will be donated to the Money Tree.

Faeries that are facing opponents in the Battledome are exempt from participating in the Faerie Festival.

An inedible species of mushroom has been found in the festival grounds. Refrain from tasting it."

Those are all I've found so far.

screenie1-min.PNG

screenie2-min.PNG

5 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

I clicked through them all, and it seems it displays a set of 3 random messages on each one. If you refresh the page, they change.

Yes, they are generated from a pool of messages, all from the same pool.  I think they are supposed to be notices put up during the festival, that are still lying around the ruined festival grounds, because the faeries have all been too busy to clean up.

Only the one in front of Kaia is staying the same for me, so those may have actual relevance.  They only change as I complete a step (at first it was a hint to complete her murmurings, etc)

8 minutes ago, Angeló said:

the glitched green boxes for achievements are removed

all i see is a blank space where they're supposed to be 

I noticed that too. I was hoping that these glitches were fixed when I woke up, and could get some more prizes. I guess TECHNICALLY they were fixed...haha, but definitely not in the way that I was hoping.

Little Miss. Optimism here is taking the change to the achievements page to mean fixing is underway. But she's also not planning on holding her breath in anticipation of completion of said fixing. xD

On 11/17/2017 at 9:42 PM, WhiteWolf said:

Would that be a shop? As in when one item sells out, something else takes its place in the shop inventory?

You have to go to the battledome and defeat several Snapjaw Wraiths. I think the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ones I battled dropped the ectoplasm. 

4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Little Miss. Optimism here is taking the change to the achievements page to mean fixing is underway. But she's also not planning on holding her breath in anticipation of completion of said fixing. xD

It is fixed.  There's no gift.  You just get plot points.

22 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Plot updates are historically Tuesdays and Fridays but who knows if things will be delayed since 1) it's jumpstart 2) it's been glitched for 4 days :/

They also release around news time as well. Or at least that's how things were done with our last plot which was The Faerie's Ruin.

22 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Those types of "plots" have been events with things to do daily and considered an actual plot.

Lets see if anything comes out today in the news.