Wraith Ectoplasm

phoenixgal

GOT IT!!

gif_venom.gif Item : Wraith Ectoplasm
Owner : nikkizebest

Eww... Purple goo! This item is part of The Wraith Resurgence plot.

The best part it that it was after my 15 item limit and I did not use the new weapons!

Edit: Got 3 and crafted potion

It Worked!

You just created a potion! You can find it in your inventory.

• pot_taelia_concoction_I.gif
    Taelias Concoction I

Yes, me too.  I did the potion too and put it away for a later date.  It is potion number 1, so I am sure there are many more to come

pot_taelia_concoction_I.gif

You have added Taelias Concoction I into your safety deposit box!

You will need to use this potion to complete the next step of the plot. It's currently acting funny right now, so hopefully it will be working better later in the day. Our coverage has been updated with what we know so far. :D

40 minutes ago, Angeló said:

how did you get the wraith ectoplasm ?

im still stuck at fighting 

Angelo are you using any of the weapons given out by the event? The spear or the staff? If not then I suggest you use at least one of them and see if you get any that way. I used my GBomb, the Poisonous Spear and my Lens Flare Ability on all my battles and got 15 of the Wraith Ectoplasms. You can find the links on our index page that I linked to in the pinned topic in this forum. :D

Also guys and gals, don't forget to read our guides when we put them up. We put in some helpful tips there that will cut down on a lot of this confusion. If the page(s) are not up right away it's probably because we're still working on them or waiting for more information to pop up. It's just hrtbrk and myself working on the pages and we're both busy with home and work. So if something's not up right away give us some time. As always you can submit tips and tricks to us as well. :D

1 hour ago, Mouseykins said:

Angelo are you using any of the weapons given out by the event? The spear or the staff? If not then I suggest you use at least one of them and see if you get any that way. I used my GBomb, the Poisonous Spear and my Lens Flare Ability on all my battles and got 15 of the Wraith Ectoplasms. You can find the links on our index page that I linked to in the pinned topic in this forum. :D

Also guys and gals, don't forget to read our guides when we put them up. We put in some helpful tips there that will cut down on a lot of this confusion. If the page(s) are not up right away it's probably because we're still working on them or waiting for more information to pop up. It's just hrtbrk and myself working on the pages and we're both busy with home and work. So if something's not up right away give us some time. As always you can submit tips and tricks to us as well. :D

I only ever used my own weapons, none of the ones given out. And still got all the ectoplasm etc. 

4 hours ago, LunaS said:

Just for safety I battled the wraith to 200%, got 2 Taelia's Concontion 1, and 6 extra Wraith Ectoplasm XD. I am not taking any chances on my first plot.

I like your thinking! I just got one concoction... Now I'll keep battling so I can get more just in case I cannot beat the next part of the plot.... because it took me FOREVER to unlock that chest >.< doh!

39 minutes ago, queen_hatshepset said:

I like your thinking! I just got one concoction... Now I'll keep battling so I can get more just in case I cannot beat the next part of the plot.... because it took me FOREVER to unlock that chest >.< doh!

I've seen some people talking about how they're battling to like 1000% (or more!) because they heard some other people say that battling a lot MAY give some sort of advantage later on. But I can hardly imagine it being that much %. I mean even on Hard you'd have to battle hundred of times. And who has the potions to keep that up! 

I actually found the chest thing really easy, it's just a matter of timing and not being too rushed. Rushing was what made me miss the first two clicks, but I still managed it in one go in the end. 

Just this gossip coming from nowhere in particular is making me so nervous!

If you are having trouble beating the snapjaw, I'd especially recommend you battling extra extra for better prize shop points.  Because opponents get harder as a war goes on.  So you'll have more trouble later, so get all the points you can now.

The main issue with the chest was probably click delay.  If you wait until they ARE aligned, you've already missed, you have to click just before.

I'm at 5545%.

I . . . don't wanna have to fight, and fight, and fight D:<

I'm at 315% at the moment, with the way it's giving out the ectoplasm I'm gonna be buried if I carry on. >_<

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I . . . don't wanna have to fight, and fight, and fight D:<

I'm at 315% at the moment, with the way it's giving out the ectoplasm I'm gonna be buried if I carry on. >_<

Yeah, I did most of mine before it started giving ectoplasm.  They are selling pretty well though.

3 hours ago, LunaS said:

I've seen some people talking about how they're battling to like 1000% (or more!) because they heard some other people say that battling a lot MAY give some sort of advantage later on. But I can hardly imagine it being that much %. I mean even on Hard you'd have to battle hundred of times. And who has the potions to keep that up! 

I actually found the chest thing really easy, it's just a matter of timing and not being too rushed. Rushing was what made me miss the first two clicks, but I still managed it in one go in the end. 

Just this gossip coming from nowhere in particular is making me so nervous!

I believe people think this way based off of The Faeries' Ruin system. The more times you fought the baddies, the more plot points you got at the end.

Of course TNT didn't tell us that was a requirement to get plot points back then, and it GREATLY affected what trophy you got and how many plot points you received, so people are taking advantage of it being glitched just to be safe.

But I agree with you. I think it's glitched and was supposed to stop at 100%.

I don't think it is glitched.  The 100% was to get the achievements for this round, not the max you could do.  On hard, that was only 5 battles.  I'm somewhat considering it like the AC.  Where "All Star" was 100%, but people were making their own double, triple, etc all star because you had to go several times over the max level in order to get the good prizes.  Not that I did that then, but I find battling much easier.

4 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

I believe people think this way based off of The Faeries' Ruin system. The more times you fought the baddies, the more plot points you got at the end.

Of course TNT didn't tell us that was a requirement to get plot points back then, and it GREATLY affected what trophy you got and how many plot points you received, so people are taking advantage of it being glitched just to be safe.

But I agree with you. I think it's glitched and was supposed to stop at 100%.

Ah okay, well this is my first real plot so I wasn't aware of that. So you'd recommend just keep racking up points just in case? I am completely clueless as to prize shop points and that whole system. But I think it's really weird that they didn't tell people back then that extra battling was worth it. That's not entirely fair! I hope that's not the case now. 

But thanks so much for the tips and info, I'll keep checking back for more. I wanna ace this thing. Was just a little naieve thinking my level 73/ 143hp kau would be strong enough xD

Maybe we are rushing things, a bit. If you look at Taelia's table, you may notice there are nine (9) bottled potions. The "3x Wraith Ectoplasm" make the Rainbow one, aka Taelias Concoction 1. You may also have noticed on the table, there are at least five (5), possibly six (6), different items - The Purple bottle of Ectoplasm, the Red bottle of Ectoplasm, a purple looking claw, a tuft of purple fur/hair, and a purple twisted looking claw (?), and possibly a mortar and pestle with something in it. I have a feeling, as the plot goes on, that we will have to learn, possibly on our own, how to make the other eight potions, using a combination of the five or six different items. Maybe the other items will come from battling other creatures. Might also explain why the achievement for "brewing your first potion" isn't working yet - Taelia already had the recipe for the first potion. Or, it could just be glitching, like a few things have with this plot, so far. Still, I think it is exciting.

13 hours ago, LunaS said:

I only ever used my own weapons, none of the ones given out. And still got all the ectoplasm etc. 

We tested this last night and they stopped dropping for @hrtbrk until she equipped the event weapon(s). Now this may just be a coincidence and is a recommendation of something to try if they're not dropping for you. I got 16 early this morning all in a row.

Clearing the haze wasn't working in Firefox for me and I don't have Chrome, so I tried it in Safari and it worked. So glad I don't have to use my husband's computer. That ole dinosaur wouldn't be able to handle the lag. :laugh:

I've been battling with and without the event weapons, I've gotten ectoplasm both ways but I get a bit more often when using the event weapons. Maybe that was just coincidence. I have seen that it's not always shown in the loot popup in the battledome though. When I thought I would have had 6 Ectoplasm's in my inventory I actually had 8. So check your inventory regularly! Maybe you have more than you counted!

14 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Maybe we are rushing things, a bit. If you look at Taelia's table, you may notice there are nine (9) bottled potions. The "3x Wraith Ectoplasm" make the Rainbow one, aka Taelias Concoction 1. You may also have noticed on the table, there are at least five (5), possibly six (6), different items - The Purple bottle of Ectoplasm, the Red bottle of Ectoplasm, a purple looking claw, a tuft of purple fur/hair, and a purple twisted looking claw (?), and possibly a mortar and pestle with something in it. I have a feeling, as the plot goes on, that we will have to learn, possibly on our own, how to make the other eight potions, using a combination of the five or six different items. Maybe the other items will come from battling other creatures. Might also explain why the achievement for "brewing your first potion" isn't working yet - Taelia already had the recipe for the first potion. Or, it could just be glitching, like a few things have with this plot, so far. Still, I think it is exciting.

I did a search with the shop wizard for "Taelias concoction" to see if you could buy one without battling for ectoplasms.  There are at least 9 that show up, so they are in the system even if they don't exist yet.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll need to create at least 8 more.

45 minutes ago, suzanoberle said:

I did a search with the shop wizard for "Taelias concoction" to see if you could buy one without battling for ectoplasms.  There are at least 9 that show up, so they are in the system even if they don't exist yet.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll need to create at least 8 more.

The concoction is no trade though, so you can't actually buy it.  You can however buy the ectoplasm to make the potion without battling for them.

11 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

The concoction is no trade though, so you can't actually buy it.  You can however buy the ectoplasm to make the potion without battling for them.

I think they mean that it appears in the Neopets items database and the Shop Wizard recognises it as an existing item. If you search for an item name that doesn't exist, the Shop Wizard will say "Searching for: ..." instead of "Searching for: Eo Codestone", for example.

This is what you get if you search an item name that doesn't exist:

image.png.ca4bbbf28efb84c33b1e76dbd4d80abe.png

So, I searched "Taelias Concoction" on the Shop Wizard and got this:

image.png.6b1c1340e463637b208858b5eb7282c0.png

So yeah, they definitely exist in the Neopets servers. They're just not possible to make yet.