How much are you battling?

kayahtik

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I use IX, but I've got enough points in the bank that it's not a really big deal.  Thank you, though!

Do you have a multi-use (as in, once per battle, not single use that breaks/disappears permanently after it's used) in-battle healer? I'd recommend investing in one if you want to get serious/actively participate in the war, as they can be immensely useful. 

The non-species exclusive healers I recommend (that aren't too expensive) are: Cursed Elixir, maybe Greater Healing Scroll though it is kinda pricey, Helm of Recovery, Lesser Healing Scroll, Oasis Tonic, and Rejuvenating Jar of Brains.

If you're looking for a more heavy-duty healer, they are pretty expensive. I'd recommend doing your research and seeing if your battle pet has a good species-exclusive healer available to them, and if not, maaaaaaybe consider morphing your pet into a species with a good species-exclusive healer.

I'm actually considering morphing my mutant Pteri into a Kacheek just because of Kacheek Life Potion, honestly. (Morphing her into a Kacheek, painting her Plushie, buying a Kacheek Life Potion, and then morphing her back into a Mutant Pteri when the war is over would actually be millions cheaper than some of the non-species exclusive healers out there lol)

Velms Healing Potion is a decent but expensive (about 90k) non-species potion IF you need to heal over 60 HP (It heals 10%). I bought that one since my battle pet was getting zapped all the time and didn't stay 1 species (I want a Robot Kacheek, that's why I'm zapping). If you have plenty of NP though and want to heal more than 60 HP, you might want to consider Bag of Healing Dust (about 12 mil).

Like @Duskitty said you might want to consider morphing your pet to a Kacheek or other species with a nice species healer. Kacheek Life Potion is about 150k.Life Potion

Not enough.. I'm at 345%. I was training Taffieh as now the plot has started, codestones have dropped in price, but I need an Eo Codestone and I'm not paying 20k for it! O:

I'm going to battle as much as I can in this plot, but I have Uni work D: I'm battling on Easy as I've trained on and off for years and my pet isn't exactly ready, lol

I have 20 hit points.  The wraiths do 4 damage the first fight, 8 the second, and the healing potion IXs cost ~300 NP each.  That's plenty fine for now, at least unless I end up upping my HP at some point.  This is the first time I've really done anything in the battledome, so I've not bothered with it before.

12 hours ago, Duskitty said:

I just hit him as hard as I can on the first turn with the two event weapons + An Icicle, which is enough to bring him down to about 40 HP, then on the next turn I use any of my offensive weapons + Rejuvenating Jar of Brains + Lens Flare to finish him off AND heal off any damage taken on the previous turn (he only ever does like, 48 damage in that first turn, and RJoB heals for 60). I'm doing this on Hard, and my battle pet's stats are this, if it means anything:

image.png.2be5915f7788dfcd3721060f2658091b.png

I would advise you to use the event weapons if you have them, as they do bonus iconage vs the Wraith. Unless you've got a really advanced kit already that does better iconage than the event weapons, in which case you can do whatever you want.

You are a total lifesaver! I never thought to use the Staff weapon because I didn't think it'd do much, but turns out with the two combined I can easily beat the wraith on Medium!

Woah I didn't even think about getting more rewards for a higher bonus. I guess I'll need to battle more. I'm starting to train my pet, so I have to battle on easy. I get about two battles in and have to heal. I'm level 24 with HP of 15, so I could definitely use some training haha. I think I'm at like 105% maybe?

12 minutes ago, LunaS said:

You are a total lifesaver! I never thought to use the Staff weapon because I didn't think it'd do much, but turns out with the two combined I can easily beat the wraith on Medium!

The Staff weapon is a very good weapon, and actually does equally well on non-wraiths, unlike the laughter one.  It's on par with multi-million np hidden tower weapons.  

I'm at 10000%.  I think that's probably enough, so I'm trying to play some GMC games to fill my boredom, since apparently one of the challenges there on the later days is generally to just have played like 100 of the games, so one of my guild mates recommended playing like 20-25 a day so that you don't have to do all of them at once.

9 hours ago, Duma said:

Velms Healing Potion is a decent but expensive (about 90k) non-species potion IF@Duskitty you need to heal over 60 HP (It heals 10%).

I may need to look into this one. I currently use a Greater Healing Scroll and with my pets health being over 300HP it's not really worth it. Going to see about doing a swap today. :D

This is taken from our database:

Defense

health.png 10% of your maximum HP (no overheal) OR health.png Full, if your maximum HP is 10 or less.

So then you would heal 140.

I would only heal 33.6, so not worth it for me until I get my HP over 500 then. Got my hopes up for nothing. :laugh: 

I also just read on another fansite that somebody figured out the sourcecode and found a hidden code that basically said you are awarded points for visiting the event page every single day, so make sure to do that. Thanks everyone for the tips. In these few days I have learned SO MUCH about the battledome!

I stopped at 100%, which only made the bottom box green. I've seen people who had all 3 boxes lit up green but they had like 10,000% done. :I I don't genuinely think it's worth battling all the way until they're green, because I doubt they're going to get anything from it. If I'm wrong and people end up getting prizes, oh well. xD 

Mine were all green at 300 % for sure, maybe even sooner. Guides say they turn green at 30% and 70% so yours should be green too. Maybe it's worth it to battle at least once more?

Has anyone else noticed that the percentage has dropped back down to 100% and you can no longer go above it?  I was way up there at like 7000% and today it was 100%.  I was pretty upset.  So I did a few battles and it never changed.  It may have been glitched when it went over 100 to begin with.

Yup, same happened to me. Maybe this time the amount we battle won't matter for the ending score? Maybe it will but now we have no clue as how much we did battle over the required minimum. I'm not upset, but I did like the little meter going up.

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

I just spotted the 100%

>8[

Not impressed!

BUT . . .

It DOES at least show they've been doing something to the plot, right?

Nerfing doesn't count as progress.

I had such a beautiful 10000%.  I'm glad I stopped fighting at that point.  I would be even more disappointed if I'd gotten to like 20k.

I thought it would most likely be an error too, especially since they've let the plot go this long without an update. I think releasing all those steps at once was meant to keep us occupied over the course of several days. I only battled up to I think 1700%, but that was just from doing my daily battles and nothing else. I definitely didn't waste my time battling for hours on end lol.

One thing that I think is nice about how they are doing this, vs the obelisk war and skirmishes (for example) is the strength of opponents.  Like, in the obelisk, the easy of one tier of opponent is harder than the hard of the tier before. That means that low and medium trained pets don't get very far.  Obviously I can't be sure, since there's only one tier out, but based on the jumps, it looks to me like they are instead doing an easy tier, a medium tier and a hard tier.  So, like the current one on hard is fairly easy to beat for high trained pets, a good first opponent for us, instead of laughably easy like the lowest obelisk ones.  And so I think the easy strength of the opponents will gradually get about to or a little above the medium strength of the one we have now.  So people who haven't been training their pets for years might still have a chance to get all the way through the plot.  Which is nice.  When the actual obelisk war came out, my pet was only strong enough to get about halfway through the war.  That was the first war I even tried to battle in, as it was the first time I'd been training.  The people without highly trained pets who have to do it on easy will have to do more battles to get the same points, but they'll be ABLE to participate.