How much are you battling?

kayahtik

I'm sure everyone's noticed by now that the percentage bar on the achievements page counts well past 100%, and you can continue battling seemingly indefinitely. A lot of people seem to think that this will have something to do with trophies/prizes/points earned at the end of the plot. 

So, my question is: How much battling are you planning on doing?

I'm currently at 1000%, which already seems a bit overboard to me, and I'm pretty tired of battling the same enemy over and over and over. But I've heard from other people that they're planning on doing hundreds of extra battles, getting into the range of 10,000%+ because they think it will make a difference in the end. 

What do you guys think? I don't want to risk missing out on a prize, but I also don't want to spend hours battling for nothing... 

I think there's definitely a chance the prizes will be related to how much we've battled, although it's hard to say if it'll actually matter.
Either way, I don't really like battling all that much, so I won't be spending too much time on it. (I'm currently on 115% - I'm mostly battling on easy, since my battle pet is strong enough to beat the Snapjaw on medium, but not twice in a row without dying, and I don't feel like using potions on my pet after every single fight.)

I did not spend nearly as much time training as I should have, so my pet only battles on easy. I have been trying to battle a lot, but not for the percentage. I am doing extra battles for the wraith ectoplasm because I'm worried that the end potions are going to require a ridiculous amount of plasm/low level potions.

Does anyone know when this plot is going to end? Are they planning on running it alongside the GMC? I would not be very happy with that. I've never participated in a plot or GMC, and I don't want to have to pick which one I spend my time on or loose out on the top trophies for either one because I'm doing both.

I'm up to 5545%, mostly just battling while I go between other things.  My battle pet is strong enough to defeat on hard in one hit without taking damage.  Full plots take a long time.  It'll probably go for the next 2-3 months?  I also did a few with my secondary pet on easy, just because.

Can anyone tell me where you got this idea/rumour/knowledge that battling so much is going to do anything? Cause I don't get it, and my pet is not strong enough to battle a lot on medium or hard so i have to go on easy, which will take me like 500 years.

47 minutes ago, LunaS said:

Can anyone tell me where you got this idea/rumour/knowledge that battling so much is going to do anything? Cause I don't get it, and my pet is not strong enough to battle a lot on medium or hard so i have to go on easy, which will take me like 500 years.

Whoops I replied to this in another thread but just in case others don't see that... This sentiment comes from the Faeries Ruin plot, the last battle plot we had. TNT rewarded plot points and trophy tiers based on how many battles you completed. Of course TNT didn't tell us that at the time and so people are being overly prepared this time in case it happens again.

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

Whoops I replied to this in another thread but just in case others don't see that... This sentiment comes from the Faeries Ruin plot, the last battle plot we had. TNT rewarded plot points and trophy tiers based on how many battles you completed. Of course TNT didn't tell us that at the time and so people are being overly prepared this time in case it happens again.

Yeah I saw, well I'm up to 500% by now. Let's see what the plot does tomorrow.

I got 39 hahaha.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts 7 words or greater.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm at 515% I'm not planning on endless grinding to get to a crazy high percentage, but I'll do a few more than normal each day.

Maybe just enough to get my 15 items as that's taking more fights now. I'd say it took close to twice as many fights as usual for me today because I got some ectoplasm nearly every time.

@Angeló I hope your headache goes away by the time you get around to reading this.

@balloongal247 posted that a plot can last upwards of a couple of months. If that is the case, then why is everyone grinding so hard right away to try and get everything? Are they going to release new achievements? Or are the current ones going to unlock at some later date, but this will be all that we actually get?

I can not accept the achievement for making my first potion. Is this some sort of glitch on my end, or have they just not made it available yet?

I'm at 2050% but I don't know I'll keep going. Besides, I find 2050 to be a nice number :P

1 hour ago, LunaS said:

Do you think it will get much harder than this wraith though?

Opponents tend to get harder as a plot progresses, so I think it's safe to assume we'll have to fight tougher wraiths later on.

Last time I checked I was at 355%. It seems like a lot but it really isn't, for me anyways. I'm able to 1-hit the Wraith on hard each time. Lens Flare is a life saver! Without it Stripes would be very mad at me. :laugh:

I'm at 550% at the moment. I don't have much time so just doing some daily battles. I hope I'll have some more time later this week so I can put in some extra battles. I can 1 hit KO on hard, so it should go pretty fast for me.

12 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

I can not accept the achievement for making my first potion. Is this some sort of glitch on my end, or have they just not made it available yet?

I think it's a glitch - I haven't heard of anyone being able to get it.

I'm at about 1000 (I battle on hard) .. but only bc like many of you I heard the rumours it could be a way to get better prizes (and I love stamps!)  I can get the wraith in 2 hits without damage, but even still ... it's so mindless it's hard to keep going.

I'm envious of those of you who can one-turn KO the wraith on hard! I can two-turn KO on medium with no damage, but it takes me three turns and some damage on hard. 

I would find it easier to do lots of extra battling if this were set up similar to the AC, where there are designated ranks and you can see your progress toward each level. But I don't want to battle infinitely if I don't know it's going to make a difference. Although what some people have said about TFR plot being that way, and no one finding out until the end...well, I get why some people aren't taking any chances. 

But isn't it reasonable to assume that there will be other opponents to battle as the plot continues? So should we really be that worried about battling this one opponent so much? 

I apparently need to train!  Since I got the spear, I can beat the wraith in easy mode in one round, and heal after every other fight.  Hm.  I don't know how long I'll go.  

Not including what I've done, if I went to the 10,000% that someone mentioned, if the healing potions I need stay at a steady price, it'd take up to 400K neopoints to battle that many times, as I'd be fighting 1,000 times.  Maybe.  *shrugs*

The two weapons they gave us deal out nice damage which helps. But I assume since we need to get wraith venom, blood, fang, fur etc, in the future the opponents who drop them will get progressively harder to beat.

ETA and you can buy high-strength potions cheaply from the Healing Springs every 30 mins as well as get healed there.

17 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

@balloongal247 posted that a plot can last upwards of a couple of months. If that is the case, then why is everyone grinding so hard right away to try and get everything?

I think the only possible answer to that is "because", lol. I see it as the BD equivalent of the Neopian mantra of never throw anything away.

46 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

I apparently need to train!  Since I got the spear, I can beat the wraith in easy mode in one round, and heal after every other fight.  Hm.  I don't know how long I'll go.  

Not including what I've done, if I went to the 10,000% that someone mentioned, if the healing potions I need stay at a steady price, it'd take up to 400K neopoints to battle that many times, as I'd be fighting 1,000 times.  Maybe.  *shrugs*

Gilly what ones do you use? I'm happy to donate some to the cause, I've got a selection of ones in the teen numbers that I can fill your inventory with, lol.

My M.O. is to fight Cartman on Medium. Why I do I call him Cartman? This face!

4NnWqFL.png

I use the two nice new weapons and icicles for the first shot; then one or other of them, my Kacheek healer and lens flare for the second shot. I've not been brave enough to go up against him on hard. :blush:

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I'm envious of those of you who can one-turn KO the wraith on hard! I can two-turn KO on medium with no damage, but it takes me three turns and some damage on hard. 

I would find it easier to do lots of extra battling if this were set up similar to the AC, where there are designated ranks and you can see your progress toward each level. But I don't want to battle infinitely if I don't know it's going to make a difference. Although what some people have said about TFR plot being that way, and no one finding out until the end...well, I get why some people aren't taking any chances. 

But isn't it reasonable to assume that there will be other opponents to battle as the plot continues? So should we really be that worried about battling this one opponent so much? 

Yes, there will be other opponents.  Maybe 9, since that's how many potions there will be.  Each one should get harder.  So it's easier to get numerous wins now.

Plus, I just keep it up, do something in one window, switch to that one, beat them (one round) play again, while it reloads, switch back to my other tabs, type this, etc, go back, fight, go do something else, fight, etc etc etc.  I'm up to 6865%, but that's just because I have little else to do with my life, so I've been on all day each day.

I just hit him as hard as I can on the first turn with the two event weapons + An Icicle, which is enough to bring him down to about 40 HP, then on the next turn I use any of my offensive weapons + Rejuvenating Jar of Brains + Lens Flare to finish him off AND heal off any damage taken on the previous turn (he only ever does like, 48 damage in that first turn, and RJoB heals for 60). I'm doing this on Hard, and my battle pet's stats are this, if it means anything:

image.png.2be5915f7788dfcd3721060f2658091b.png

I would advise you to use the event weapons if you have them, as they do bonus iconage vs the Wraith. Unless you've got a really advanced kit already that does better iconage than the event weapons, in which case you can do whatever you want.