How much are you battling?

kayahtik

So Scrappy made a few posts on the neoboards today, including the below (from here):

The estimated date of finish is when you guys defeat them all....or they take over and you guys lose.....sooooo (but I think that will probably happen in a few weeks)    

And of course, in typical Neo fashion, people have run away with this little blurb, invented their own meaning for it, and are treating it as gospel truth. AKA, what I've seen people saying is, this means that it DOES count if you continue battling, even though the percentage bar doesn't show it. I'm very far from convinced. Thoughts? 

Up until now, I have beaten the red snapjaw wraith 1500times.I do hope that all this Battledome grinding helps in increasing the score of the plot.Only dared to do 280Taelia potions so far

theneopetsteam 
The Neopets Team 

tntasplode.gif
213 Months

1.png
rackatackatackata
Active Neopet
Posted: 1 Dec 2017 - 12:10 pm [Report this message]

Okay folks, I've been waiting until I knew for absolute certain but battling to 100% is all you need to do! There is no extra achievement for extra battles!

-Scrappy

^ from http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159106842&next=21

I FEEL SO VINDICATED!

And this makes me a lot less nervous about the opponents getting more difficult to beat. At least if it takes me several turns to defeat them, I'll only have to do it a finite number of times to fill up the bar. 

Same, I've done some extra battles though, just to make sure. But at least now we know that once the bar is filled up, you can relax until the next step is released.

I'm not completely sure of this because I didn't double-check when I had the chance to. But it seems to me that your progress bar fills by 5% regardless of which strength wraith you fight.

Is that right?

15 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm not completely sure of this because I didn't double-check when I had the chance to. But it seems to me that your progress bar fills by 5% regardless of which strength wraith you fight.

Is that right?

No, that is not right.  It fills by 5% on easy, 10% on medium, 20% on hard.

40 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

No, that is not right.  It fills by 5% on easy, 10% on medium, 20% on hard.

Ah, good. It was just me confusing myself then, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, eloralestrange said:

I plan on battling enough to get the achievements, and then a little here and there afterwards. 

I'm just back on Neopets after a several year hiatus, so I did not train my pet in preparation for this :(

Battling past the bar reaching 100% isn't going to do anything for you aside from supply you with extra ingredients, so I wouldn't worry about overdoing it much. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I partially regret that the wraith drops are becoming close to a zero for me.Regardless of what Scrappy said I did battle each wraith a minimum of 50battles and each day do 5hard battles against each wraith to get the wraith items if I am lucky,but as I said the drop rate for me is almost a zero.

In November I would have beaten the Snapjaw 100times and got 90Wraith Ectoplasm but now even if I beat a wraith for 10times I get nothing related to the plot.Its like they know I have a lot of Wraith Ectoplasm in my safety deposit box.