Vote for Obelisk War! Round 121!

lianakos

Which faction are you joining for the 121st round?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 121st round?

• Thieves Guild
    • Brute Squad
    • Seekers

So how does this work, fighting for a Faction while fighting Wraiths?  kougra_baby_pullingface.gif I am NOT good at multi-tasking. kacheek_flash.gif

1r9z5x.jpg Which faction @jellysundae , @Scoobert_Doo , @Angeló , & @balloongal247 & any othr TDN Buddy does the Fellowshp of the Buns fight for in this 121st Round (might has well named it Infinity Round)? The Thieves (where skullduggery reigns supreme),The Brute Squad (where brawn or strength reigns supreme, or The Seekers (where intelligence tricks others to think  they ARE supreme)?????

:medieval:To arms, legs, and buns! We BATTLE OUR cinnamon-swirl.gifcinnamon-swirl.gif OFF!!!! It is to be the "Fellowship of the Buns", with all of the LOTR references for which Faction does a TDN Buddy need the avatar or Boon from?

gnorbu_fire_marshmellow.gif Perhaps we are unconventional but our methods will hopefully prove true!

i went for the Brutes this time

i only fought for them like once or twice before 

So how does this work, fighting for a Faction while fighting Wraiths?

Fight the wraiths for the 15 items 

then 10 faction fights (easy)

then back to wraiths all i want

Well, the Oracle of Oxbridge is strongly behind Seekers this time around. . .

This week's predictions

Obelisk Team Last Win Win % Prediction
Brute Squad 5 rounds ago 30% 21%
Seekers 8 rounds ago 42% 64%
Thieves Guild 4 rounds ago 19% 15%

But . . .  their crystal ball seems to have developed a crack in it lately so their prediction may be so much hot air! Of course our Captain was spotted recently, but will she have time to battle?

What say you, @tk421beth?

We do have a new TDNer @mysteryfuzz who still needs 2 Obelisk avatars, one of them being Seekers . . .

@Angeló's gone for Brutes, but I'll join Seekers to help our new fuzzy person out if that's the side they join.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

Fight the wraiths for the 15 items 

then back to wraiths all i want

Fight the Jetsam Ace for my 15 items***

then back to wraiths until I feel like dying

(@Angeló don't forget that the ectoplasm doesn't count toward your 15 items! You can battle other opponents for better prizes, then go fight the wraiths to get as much ectoplasm as your heart desires.)

And in case anyone is curious, here are Oxbridge's predictions for this round: 

Obelisk Team Last Win Win % Prediction
Brute Squad 5 rounds ago 30% 21%
Seekers 8 rounds ago 42% 64%
Thieves Guild 4 rounds ago 19% 15%

I went with the Seekers. 

Edit: Oops, Jelly beat my to it by mere seconds! :P

1 minute ago, kayahtik said:

Edit: Oops, Jelly beat my to it by mere seconds! :P

Been honing my :ph34r: skills!

Didn't you see me as I flitted out of the forum?

No?

There you go then 8)

9 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Fight the Jetsam Ace for my 15 items***

then back to wraiths until I feel like dying

Thanks so much! I was really sad to think I wouldn't have a shot at a nerkmid bc of Faction Fights AND Wraith fights!:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'll join Seekers to help our new fuzzy person out if that's the side they join.

I will join you jellysundae and @mysteryfuzz to help turn the tide for Seekers. If I get the Mind Over Matter Boon & we get a Wraith higher than 224, that'll help.:wink:

20 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

If I get the Mind Over Matter Boon & we get a Wraith higher than 224, that'll help.:wink:

I'm keen to try that boon one day, though I'll be really scared to try going up against the big guys. :laugh:

You don't mean that, @kayahtik, do you? :wub_anim:

I like the seekers.  I'll probably go with the bank boon though.  I think mind over matter is an ability thing right?  So I wouldn't be able to use it with lens flare or warlock's rage.  I'd need an opponent over like 800 for it to be helpful, and use it while they are frozen from my shuriken.  

And yes, I fight the fungus for my 15 items, then I'll do my boon battles on the hardest, and then I'll do wraith while I go about my day forever and ever.

I'm joining Thieves. They have the boon for the stocks and for re-using 1 use BD items, with the war going on, I think, or hope, people will want to use their bombs twice on the wraiths.

And I'm going to keep battling Koi for my items first, then fight for the obelisk and the war equally I guess.

18 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I will join you jellysundae and @mysteryfuzz to help turn the tide for Seekers.

GO SEEKERS! I'm surprised they have so much going on at once! Games master challenge, battleground, plot... So much!

2 hours ago, mysteryfuzz said:

GO SEEKERS! I'm surprised they have so much going on at once! Games master challenge, battleground, plot... So much!

Enjoy it while it lasts, lol.

I fear implosion once the Advent Calendar gets going. and all the people who habitually come back for that re-appear.  :laugh:

Gentle reminder: Don't forget to do your battles! Maybe I shouldn't have reminded you since I took a different faction it seems, but that would be un-sportive.

With the plot and GMC running too it's easy to forget about the Obelisk War.

IMPORTANT PSA!!!

Today is clearly going to be a portentous day as I remembered to check who'd won before doing anything else, and Seekers prevailed!!

So luck is looking our way guys, make the most of it! :D

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

IMPORTANT PSA!!!

Today is clearly going to be a portentous day as I remembered to check who'd won before doing anything else, and Seekers prevailed!!

So luck is looking our way guys, make the most of it! :D

GRRR.. I just collected my interest, before getting this far down the forums.

I did get to scratch all my space faerie scratchcards, and got about 30k.

I've gone for Book Smarts this time, because I'd prepared for it. I went through my SDB and checked all the books I've only got 1 or 2 of, and put all the ones my Kacheek's not read yet into my shop. So now I just need to remove them all from there and get him reading!

Him in his spiffy plant-filled library now, too. :D

4.png

This image brought to you thanks to @deboratibi's tip on pasting pic from look up and changing last digit to a 4. 8)

Yeah, I've thought about doing book smarts, but since the intelligence number doesn't really matter, I don't.  The awards are based on the number of books you've read, not the "intelligence" stat.  i guess there's one or two things for which you need a certain intelligence, but...

11 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I've thought about doing book smarts, but since the intelligence number doesn't really matter, I don't.  The awards are based on the number of books you've read, not the "intelligence" stat.  i guess there's one or two things for which you need a certain intelligence, but...

Yeah, I know it doesn't have a lot of meaning really, but it's satisfying none-the-less, lol.

And one day I do intend to try out the Strength of Mind boon, just for giggles. :lmaosmiley:

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, I know it doesn't have a lot of meaning really, but it's satisfying none-the-less, lol.

And one day I do intend to try out the Strength of Mind boon, just for giggles. :lmaosmiley:

Yeah, I've thought about that, but from what I've been able to find, it gives you an ability that uses intelligence as strength, so I wouldn't be able to use it with lens flare or warlock's rage ability.  I'd have to be going against a REALLY hard opponent to find it more useful than a pain.

Some of the early descriptions of it made it sound like it actually switched the stats, and I was like "well THAT would be a really quick and cheap way to train!"

2 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I've thought about that, but from what I've been able to find, it gives you an ability that uses intelligence as strength, so I wouldn't be able to use it with lens flare or warlock's rage ability.  I'd have to be going against a REALLY hard opponent to find it more useful than a pain.

Some of the early descriptions of it made it sound like it actually switched the stats, and I was like "well THAT would be a really quick and cheap way to train!"

I don't expect it to be a whole lot of use, I just want to try it.

. . .

Kind of like sticking your wet finger in the socket just to see what happens.

:ph34r:

Kind of like sticking your wet finger in the socket just to see what happens

DO NOT DO THAT KIDS! It's dangerous! If you're really really curious, try putting a nine-volt battery on your tongue instead. Just touch both connectors at the same time gently with it. You'll get why you SHOULD NOT do the above. 9 V vs 250 V yeah, you'll understand.

Or just touch an the electric cattle fence for the fun of it :P

57 minutes ago, Duma said:

DO NOT DO THAT KIDS! It's dangerous! If you're really really curious, try putting a nine-volt battery on your tongue instead. Just touch both connectors at the same time gently with it. You'll get why you SHOULD NOT do the above. 9 V vs 250 V yeah, you'll understand.

Or just touch an the electric cattle fence for the fun of it :P

Yeah, I've never gotten the "fun" of electrocution.  That's why I switched from electrical computer engineering (hardware) to software engineering.