what is this?

Erebos

Welcome back!

The obelisk war is a recurring event where you chose a faction. On Thursday, you will have to go to the battledome and fight enemies from other factions (computer enemies, not actual players). You have to fight a minimum of 10 times to receive the the end prize. on Monday, one clan will be announced the winner. The winning faction will have a boon (a site effect) that lasts 1 week. After it is over, the event starts over again.  

for more information visit the link : http://thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/skirmishes/

You also get site themes if your faction wins. I hardly ever do the obelisk battles now that I have all of the avatars and site themes for it.

2 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

You also get site themes if your faction wins. I hardly ever do the obelisk battles now that I have all of the avatars and site themes for it.

Oh right, I even forgot about those since I don't use them. I'm basically only battling when I think of using the boons or if someone I know or from TDN still needs the avatar.