Lockpicker Question

geoterza

I just started the plot today so I haven't had a chance to see if it resets tomorrow.  I took 5 tries to get through the lockpicker game.  I see now that I should have tried to do it in under 4 tries.  Does anyone know if you get another chance at it?  I want to unlock the achievement.

39 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I just started the plot today so I haven't had a chance to see if it resets tomorrow.  I took 5 tries to get through the lockpicker game.  I see now that I should have tried to do it in under 4 tries.  Does anyone know if you get another chance at it?  I want to unlock the achievement.

You can keep trying for the achievement.  I think maybe if you click on the achievement it'll take you back to the chest?

17 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I tried and it shows the chest already open :/

See if this works:

1. Go to the "main" Wraith Resurgence page, http://www.neopets.com/twr

2. Click on Kaia.

3. Click on the location that is flashing, if you already completed the "Mystic Murmurs".

4. If I remember correctly, it should take you to the Lock Picking game, if you haven't gotten the "achievement", yet.

5. Play the Lock Picking again. If you get 4 "misses", refresh the page and keep trying/refreshing until you can get it in 3 or less, just to be sure.

Hope this is still working. At least, it let me play the game over, until I got the achievement, this past weekend. Good luck! Let us know if it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate this lock opening game.  I really really hate it.  I've had over 100 misses already on this one.

DO we REALLY have to lose progress every time???

Ok, it opened for me.  I'm not sure I'd actually gotten there, unless there was delayed reaction from clicks, because I was two rows away still....

Sheesh, I didn't realize how tedious and difficult this part actually was. The first time around I had no idea what was going on and got it by just randomly clicking. This time I had somewhere in the range of 30-40 misses before finally unlocking it, and had to try 15+ times to get the achievement. 

Hmm, I wonder why people are struggling with this, I find it very easy. Do you all have super fast computers so the pieces are whizzing past each other on the board at light speed or something? It doesn't make any sense that I'm completing this with no problem on my first try when it's driving others nuts. That's not how things work in my world. o_O

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, I wonder why people are struggling with this, I find it very easy. Do you all have super fast computers so the pieces are whizzing past each other on the board at light speed or something? It doesn't make any sense that I'm completing this with no problem on my first try when it's driving others nuts. That's not how things work in my world. o_O

Well, for me personally, I think the problem is twofold. 1. I saw someone on the forums suggest clicking a little early so you don't miss the piece as it flies by, but this is really only a tip for people whose animations are lagging, which mine aren't. So instead of counteracting a lag, I was just clicking too early and completely missing it. 2. With so many pieces and each of them going an alternate direction, it was hard for me to pick out which piece I was aiming for. I needed to be more patient and watch it go around the circle a few times before clicking to make sure I was focusing on the right one. 

But like I said, I got the first one by just randomly clicking, so this is the first time I actually had to use a strategy to get it. Hopefully the next step won't give me so many troubles now. 

17 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Well, for me personally, I think the problem is twofold. 1. I saw someone on the forums suggest clicking a little early so you don't miss the piece as it flies by, but this is really only a tip for people whose animations are lagging, which mine aren't. So instead of counteracting a lag, I was just clicking too early and completely missing it. 2. With so many pieces and each of them going an alternate direction, it was hard for me to pick out which piece I was aiming for. I needed to be more patient and watch it go around the circle a few times before clicking to make sure I was focusing on the right one. 

But like I said, I got the first one by just randomly clicking, so this is the first time I actually had to use a strategy to get it. Hopefully the next step won't give me so many troubles now. 

So it is likely that I'm managing this ok solely because my elderly laptop is slowing the animation down . . . for this I am very grateful then!

My brain's not at all keen on all the multiple tiles going in various directions x_x I found I managed ok though if I watched the one that was already attached and waited for the one I needed to attach to it to come into view, rather than following the moving one round the board.

I do think I got lucky with the outer ones though, as they seem to go faster the closer to the outer edge you get?

Yes, the inner ones are definitely slower than the outer ones. The first time I had no problems at all, but now, with some more pieces wizzing around I had to run a few "practice" runs before doing it with less than 3 mistakes. I do wonder if it's still max 3 mistakes with that many going around. I hope that the more tiles to get together, the more mistakes we are allowed to make. I've just reloaded the page now if I had 3 mistakes.

It got a bit laggy for me at times what caused me to need a bit more than a few practice rounds though. Even the word "mistake" would be laggy at times. I have only tried in Firefox, maybe a different browser would have handled it better?

For everyone that has problems with it, don't just use the timing of other people (reaction time and your pc speed might be different) just look carefully with the slower moving tiles, so the first two or three. How are they positioned to each other when you successfully attach them to one another? Do they stick together if you click when the edge is just touching or before that or when they are almost perfectly aligned? That's your timing for the faster ones! Watch one at a time, just follow your stick, let it make a round, see what tiles is next and pick a spot where they will meet. Then use your prediction along with your timing to click them together. You'll get the hang of it, even if you need to restart 50+ times. Just relax and remember not to hurry. If you feel like you're getting frustrated, just take a brake. If you don't take your time for it, it won't work (unless you're really lucky :P)

Good luck everyone!