Games Master Challenge 2017: Living vs Dead BEGINS!

hrtbrk

I'm definitely leaning towards Team Dead, but it does depend on if the teams will be getting different kinds of games again (action vs. puzzle), because I much prefer puzzle games over action games (and today's games (Imperial Exam and Shenkuu Tangram, apparently) aren't helping me any in figuring this out, since I'd say both of those qualify as 'puzzle').

I'm really disappointed this is happening over Thanksgiving ): I'm probably going to end up missing a few gold checkmarks while I'm traveling. 

As of yet I'm still undecided on which team to join, although I may be slightly leaning toward Dead because my score for Shenkuu Tangrams is higher than for Imperial Exam. 

2 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I'm really disappointed this is happening over Thanksgiving ): I'm probably going to end up missing a few gold checkmarks while I'm traveling. 

As of yet I'm still undecided on which team to join, although I may be slightly leaning toward Dead because my score for Shenkuu Tangrams is higher than for Imperial Exam. 

This always happens over Thanksgiving and you only need completions for GMC. So you can do all challenges on the last day and still get the best prize :)

Team Living for me and both challenges have been completed.  Today's challenges weren't so bad.  I have never played Imperial Exam.  I found it super fun!

40 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Can someone on Team Living please tell me their Game Challenge for today (score requirement & prize). 

I'm updating solo and chose Dead :P

Daxv0qH.png

Heart Stickers  and Tangram Book

I'm not sure which side to choose.

On one hand, I've always felt a genuine dislike for Hubrid Nox. He's such a silly villain.

On the other hand...

"If you're full of vigor and enthusiasm and live each day to the fullest, you truly appreciate the gift that is life"

Um... yeah, Team Living is my complete opposite.

I guess I'l end up choosing Team Dead since Hubrid Nox has a huge fanbase (for whatever reason), but maily because its theme appeals to the dark sense of humour of many players, including mine.

5ba56202015543922036174c18da36fc--my-lif

1 minute ago, Hanso said:

I guess I'l end up choosing Team Dead since Hubrid Nox has a huge fanbase

Being a typical human (as in, someone very inclined to cut off their nose to spite their face) this is exactly why I chose Team Living. xD

1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

This always happens over Thanksgiving and you only need completions for GMC. So you can do all challenges on the last day and still get the best prize :)

Oh really? I read JN's guide before TDN's was up and they said

• On the progress page your ticks will be gold for completing the challenges all on release day, and green for completing both of that day's challenges on a later day. Your goal is to get all gold!

I figured that would be the case, since that's how Daily Dare is. But I've never done a GMC, so if I really do have until the end to complete the challenges, that's great news! Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my Thanksgiving after all, without Neo-stress weighing on me the whole time x.x

Edit: "Join the dead to transcend mortal limitations..." Well, that's always my goal, so I think I'll join the dead.

I chose living and took an embarrassingly long time to complete the imperial exam.  I think mostly I just needed to get it through my head that there was plenty of time, and not let my fingers decide to press random buttons.  Also, ie/ei is super hard. Plus a few double letter ones tripped me up.  Spelling is not my strongest point.  Plus I kept being afraid that the words COULD be spelled correctly in British English.  After all, neo says Defence.  And so I grew up thinking that was right until my mom told me that in the US we say Defense.  

41 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Oh really? I read JN's guide before TDN's was up and they said

I figured that would be the case, since that's how Daily Dare is. But I've never done a GMC, so if I really do have until the end to complete the challenges, that's great news! Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy my Thanksgiving after all, without Neo-stress weighing on me the whole time x.x

Edit: "Join the dead to transcend mortal limitations..." Well, that's always my goal, so I think I'll join the dead.

Ah I am likely wrong, then. Hope you get a change to squeeze in some time!

46 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Ah I am likely wrong, then. Hope you get a change to squeeze in some time!

you still get the trophy depending on how many challenges you finish *it'll be gold or silver depending on if you chose the winning team or not* ... but i think you miss a bonus prize if you don't have all gold checks ...

Edit : I went back to last year's GMC and i have second day all in green (i think it was a glitch from TNT) and i still got all the prizes .. also in another previous year i did have one green check and still got all the prizes ...

anyway 

Team Dead :axehead: :skull: (obviously)

I have a habit of judging which team I go with by the first day's challenges. Yeah, that's bitten me on the butt quite a few times later on. Anyway, does anyone else find it absolutely maddening that the GMC is going on at the same time as the Faerie plot??

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

Anyway, does anyone else find it absolutely maddening that the GMC is going on at the same time as the Faerie plot??

Tbh in a way... but I also kind of ended up hating the plot so far.  I think it's actually a good distraction while they iron out all the glitches, because I can't even clear the jelly and omelette.  Feels like they ended up rushing it out the door so I'm glad to have something to do for a bit!  I'm more excited for the GMC somehow ;w;

Also, team dead forever!!  Magax really is cuter but I read all those goody twoshoes descriptions and there was no way I was going for that lol

Hopefully we get a cool spooky trophy and prize, too ;w;

I'm very torn... I can't decide whether to go Team Living or Team Dead. Usually I'm all for the bright, positive ones (Team Light, Team Hero, etc.) but I actually like some of the dark-themed stuff on Neo - especially the lampposts in the Tale of Woe and Neovia - way more than the flowery stuff, usually. So I'm actually considering Team Dead. I don't know what to do!

27 minutes ago, Lamppost said:

I'm very torn... I can't decide whether to go Team Living or Team Dead. Usually I'm all for the bright, positive ones (Team Light, Team Hero, etc.) but I actually like some of the dark-themed stuff on Neo - especially the lampposts in the Tale of Woe and Neovia - way more than the flowery stuff, usually. So I'm actually considering Team Dead. I don't know what to do!

the dead side is much more fun - i promise :)

Join the Dead! It just has such a nice ring to it!

I sure did :P

@babayaga67 Try a different browser perhaps? And there is a max of 15 games, so if you have 15 games in your favorites, you need to get some removed and then added again.

I chose dead! I hope we eventually get a challenge that switches these games because Shenkuu Tangram and Imperial Exam happen to be two of the only games I'm actually good at. Go figure!