Games Master Challenge 2017: Living vs Dead BEGINS!

hrtbrk

You do NOT need to send 100 games scores so do not waste time trying to squeeze in 100. They typically ask for a total 50 game scores sent on the 7th day but remember the games you played in the previous 6 days also count towards that total, which is usually at least a good 30 or so games.

2 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

You do NOT need to send 100 games scores so do not waste time trying to squeeze in 100. They typically ask for a total 50 game scores sent on the 7th day but remember the games you played in the previous 6 days also count towards that total, which is usually at least a good 30 or so games.

To add to what hrtbrk said most of the games you need for the final challenge will be done throughout the 7 days. I've NEVER had to spend hours on end for the send 50 game scores challenges. I can complete this in under an hour most times. So don't go wasting your time sending a score in EVERY SINGLE game. It's not necessary.

For the trophies to clear things up, here is how things work.

You DO NOT need to complete all challenges on release day. Your goal however, should be to complete all the challenges by the end of the event. The fewer challenges you complete the lower trophy you get and fewer prizes at the end.

Daily Dare is where you need to complete challenges on release day for bonus prizes.

4 hours ago, lakecat said:

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot too. My question is, what is a "minimum" score? 

Take a look at the game "point to NP" ratio, on the main game page, of any game. As @Nielo said, it could be even 1 point, but in the case of submitting a game score, you at least have to score enough game points to earn 1 NP. Take Jumpin' Gem Heist, for example. To earn 1 NP, you have to score at least 100 game points. I can't remember which game it was, but last year I was playing games very fast and quickly, just to submit scores to get "completes". I kept playing a game over and over, not quite catching on why it wouldn't accept my score. I was earning game points, but not enough to earn 1 NP. Once I figured that out, I took a little more time to play the game and scored enough to earn 1 NP, and then it accepted my score. And my game finally showed as complete. Hope this makes sense.

21 minutes ago, Angeló said:

you don't need to play ALL the qualifying games .. maybe 50 or 60 .. 

i remember one year the challenge was 80 and i had to grind in the last day ..

That was in 2012 or somewhere around there. It's normally 50 though. :D

Anyone else having trouble with the games? All I get is a grey square. I don't usually play that much but I swear I played some before the GMC with no problem...

EDIT: Welp, seems there happened to be a Java update on the 19th. That seems to have helped lol

EDIT 2: Nope it did not. 

11 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I heard someone say that this event was intentionally done over Thanksgiving to give non-American players something to do while TNT is out of the office for the week. I have no idea if that's true (honestly doesn't make much sense to me)

As far as I know that has always been the general concensus, although I never considered TNT might've had the international players' best interest in mind when they took that decision. I always thought it was to give all  players something to do during the week.

To be honest it does make sense to me, after all the site is left with no updates for a quite a few days and some players might find that boring. Also keep in mind that, unlike Daily Dare challenges, GMCs are usually quite easy to complete and the scores are considerably low (at least if you compare it to DD) so they don't take too much time. Some challenges don't even require effort at all (like adding games to your favourite list), thou sometimes they tend to throw a particularly difficult challenge in the mix to spice things up :P

42 minutes ago, pulpfreeoj said:

Anyone else having trouble with the games? All I get is a grey square. I don't usually play that much but I swear I played some before the GMC with no problem...

EDIT: Welp, seems there happened to be a Java update on the 19th. That seems to have helped lol

EDIT 2: Nope it did not. 

Are you using Chrome? I notice flash games don't work on Chrome for me, even if I have everything up to date. Maybe try using Firefox?

2 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

Chrome now disables flash by default on every website so you will have to enable it for Neopets (and any site with flash). Click on the i logo in the address bar while on Neopets and click Always Allow under the Flash option.

@Hanso @pulpfreeoj

Goes to show you flash really is dying. Thanks for the tip!

Well, I joined Team Living. I don't know about TNT doing the GMC during this week to give non-Americans something to do while TNT is gone, as was mentioned previously. I mean, sure, it's a 3-day work week for TNT(probably), but they could do it any old week and not have it matter with whatever their normal week might be like. I mean if something goes wrong with the GMC that's on their side of the site. They have to fix it when they come back on Monday. And then by then they've got some frustrated players and the GMC would be almost over by then. I wonder what TNT would do then? I mean, like extend the GMC, reset it, or just call it as it was before any such glitch happened? Or.... lol For fun, here's a silly solution... They could give all participants a "I survived GMC 2017 and all I got was this lousy trophy" trophy. Could be any color or looking like any item. A DUNG trophy might be interesting. lol

To be honest, I've never understood TNT's thinking when it comes to choosing annual times for certain events. But, they're TNT and I'm just a regular player in their world. LOL Like with the "unfair" item and ability rules in the BD ;) They dish it out, we have to figure out how to deal with it. lol (For those unfamiliar with the BD, certain items and abilities that are one-use or once per battle, can be used multiple times by the computer-opponents in 1-player battling. While they remain 1-use or once per battle for us.)

Oh well, 14 years (on and off for me) of entertainment. LOL Even if I go on hiatus, I seem to always return. LOL :D

Anyway, good luck to both teams! Looks like Team Dead is doing a really good job so far. At least from the tug-o-war style progress meter. C'mon Team Living, let's make it a good show/competition! :D

On 11/20/2017 at 3:24 PM, hrtbrk said:

A brand new set of challenges are ready for you to take on as GMC 2017: Living vs Dead begins.

Day 2 begins on November 22nd at 12:00 AM

logo.png

GMC 2017 DAILY GUIDE

Day 2 has begun now.  The first day of everything announced in news always lasts 1 and a half days.  Because the news is supposed to be for the next day.

Yep, unlocked for me too.

Maths Nightmare AND Snowball Fight... uuuugh.

Edit: Completed everything. The challenges you get (on team Living) are:

image.png.fa7bba60abd6e6d6f14220234271fa6c.png

And the prizes you get for each are, respectively: Babaa Night Lamp, Snowflake Cup Cake, and 5-in-1 Game Set.

For Team Dead we have the following:

Whack!
Reach a score of 270 or greater playing Maths Nightmare.

Prize: Babaa Night Lamp image.png.1821a5437ca88daca0a2247e2a12175a.png

Clowning Around
Reach a score of 300 or greater playing Snowball Fight.

Prize: Snowflake Cup Cake  image.png.1e053119c57120d99bbd84bddee541e8.png

Perplexing Puzzles
Send scores in five different qualifying Puzzle games.

Prize: 5-in-1 Game Set image.png.ffa696899a070ad51496ce25ff28f2d7.png

I love the Night lamp! Wish I had it for real! It's so pretty!

Yup and the same games and scores for the game challenges. 1 is action, 1 is puzzle. The only difference is the send a score challenge, where you need to do 4 additional games in either action or puzzle.

But the scores are really easy to beat! Try subtraction on potato counter and you'll have the score in no time!

For snowball fight: just don't hit faeries. If you get low on snow, hit Dieter coming down, check the snowflakes that are falling to adjust your hit with the wind. Remember: There is no time limit for this one! Just take your time and watch your amount of snow.

Wow, same games and same prizes? What's even the point of choosing teams? 

Well, I suppose I'm glad I ended up on the 'puzzle games' side, since I'm better at those than action games. But it's just a send score challenge, so it barely even matters. Not impressed with my first GMC experience so far /: 

I really don't understand why it's the same games . . .

I mean the coding for GMC's already in place, surely this is a pretty quick and easy event to set up, with just switching game and prize codes out. o_O

At least you're set for the rest of the "play so many games" of this years GMC :upsidedown:

I've played maybe 10 games, I'll just wait and see each day :P

5 minutes ago, Duma said:

At least you're set for the rest of the "play so many games" of this years GMC :upsidedown:

I've played maybe 10 games, I'll just wait and see each day :P

You've probably got the right idea here haha. I mean I did end up with a decent amount of extra NP. Bought a few of the Five Dubloons to train my pet, so all wasn't lost entirely.