Games Master Challenge 2017: Living vs Dead BEGINS!

hrtbrk

8 minutes ago, christmas_tree74 said:

2 question for today:

1: can I get a link to join the challenge?

: Umm can I get a link of the qualifying games to get the hearts sticker done? the 5 qualifying games to be placed as favorites??

1: http://www.neopets.com/games/gmc2017/index.phtml

2: The Games button shows qualifying games. http://www.neopets.com/games/gmc2017/index.phtml?page=qfg

Yep, I was right to cry about Maths Nightmare, lol.

I can't get anywhere near the required score, my poor borked brain just can't react quickly enough to do it. But I completed the other 2 challenges. :D

16 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Yep, I was right to cry about Maths Nightmare, lol.

I can't get anywhere near the required score, my poor borked brain just can't react quickly enough to do it. But I completed the other 2 challenges. :D

maybe it helps to copy one answer and paste it everywhere and eventually you'll pass ... 

12 minutes ago, Angeló said:

maybe it helps to copy one answer and paste it everywhere and eventually you'll pass ... 

Nah, I can't keep on trying, my ability to keep up/type correct answers gets worse the longer I try because my brain's lagging further and further behind.

It really doesn't help that I've always hated this game, either, lol.

I tried, I'm glad I did that, but I'm not going to mess myself up by pushing myself at something that's beyond my ability.

Try doing division on easy peasy. The score adds up faster and you only need to get through the first and most of the second stage. I tried with addition and failed lol.

Being part of the DEAD side, I already submitted scores for more than 55% of the qualifying games :D:D:D:D there always will be this freaking "submit a score in each game" challenge, so I dont want to ruch at the very end :P I'm almost done at this point....

I haven't finished the Maths challenge, yet. Not that equating or summing up is hard or so ;D simply cannot focus today, and - as far as I'm sleepy (it's almost 2 am here..) - I would finish this one the next day.

Maths Nightmare was troublesome at first for me cus I'd get 1 wrong, panic, and then they'd all pile up and I'd lose. I just had to practice a few times and I got the score. I don't do very well under pressure :/

Once you get the hang of it and play a few games it gets easier. I did it with Addition on Easy.

28 minutes ago, singittome said:

Quick question, do we have to complete all "qualifying games" before the end of the challenge?

Probably not. Usually you only have to complete about 50 of them by the end of GMC, and by the time you reach Day 7, you'll probably have sent quite a few scores in different games anyways.

For everyone that is scared to do Match nightmare with division and potato counter, here are some examples of the asked questions:

4:2

8:4

50:25

50:10

40:8

I'm sure you would be able to answer these kind of questions quickly enough to get through the first level. That's all it takes to get the score! 1 level. And if you do get low on time, don't forget about the code: letimiyasleep

3 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

What prizes did you get? These are what I got, respectively: Snot Volcano, Crayon Novas, and Hasee Shaped Balloons.

Prizes are also the same, for now it hasn't mattered much what team you picked. First time for everything?

Let's see how it continues.

Those Hasee Shaped Balloons are adorable! One way they can make them better: MAKE THEM WEARABLE and able to be put on all pet types, especially Baby!! :D:heart:

Magma blaster was a PAIN...until I thought to connect an actual mouse instead of my laptop's touchpad xD. Still not my favourite game though. Snot splatter is really fun once you get the hang of knowing which bubble to pop first. If you do it right, you only need 1 to 3 clicks per level in the beginning.

20 minutes ago, LunaS said:

Magma blaster was a PAIN...until I thought to connect an actual mouse instead of my laptop's touchpad xD. Still not my favourite game though. Snot splatter is really fun once you get the hang of knowing which bubble to pop first. If you do it right, you only need 1 to 3 clicks per level in the beginning.

Magma Blaster was a pain at first until I got familiar with which stone corresponds to which key. I definitely would not use a trackpad for it, either e_e

Snot Splatter is also pretty easy. I try to make the smaller bubbles bigger first, then start off a combo in an area with lots of bigger bubbles.

7 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Maths Nightmare was troublesome at first for me cus I'd get 1 wrong, panic, and then they'd all pile up and I'd lose. I just had to practice a few times and I got the score. I don't do very well under pressure :/

Once you get the hang of it and play a few games it gets easier. I did it with Addition on Easy.

Probably not. Usually you only have to complete about 50 of them by the end of GMC, and by the time you reach Day 7, you'll probably have sent quite a few scores in different games anyways.

maybe you're right, last year it was around 50 :) still, I'd rather be on the safe side, I remember back then it was about clearing all the games as completed :P who knows what they are up to this year ;)

14 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Try doing division on easy peasy. The score adds up faster and you only need to get through the first and most of the second stage. I tried with addition and failed lol.

Ok, you've convinced me, I shall try! *gulps*

EDIT - xDDD Oh dear. I couldn't even answer one of them. I just sat and looked at them until I ran out of time. So it seems division is something my brain really can't handle these days!

15 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

EDIT - xDDD Oh dear. I couldn't even answer one of them. I just sat and looked at them until I ran out of time. So it seems division is something my brain really can't handle these days!

I just tried division on easy peasy and I blanked at the 3rd bubble. Easy is harder than Potato Counter! I swear, try that one! Extra bonus, your score gets multiplied by 2 in the end!

27 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

As @Duma said, Potato Counter is actually easier than Easy Peasy. You should try playing on that difficulty! And maybe try using a calculator if you get stuck. Don't give up just yet! :D

11 hours ago, Duma said:

Prizes are also the same, for now it hasn't mattered much what team you picked. First time for everything?

Let's see how it continues.

Looking at last year's guide, most (but not all) of the challenges were the same for both teams as well. 

8 hours ago, jagocianka said:

maybe you're right, last year it was around 50 :) still, I'd rather be on the safe side, I remember back then it was about clearing all the games as completed :P who knows what they are up to this year ;)

That must've been a long time ago; I don't think we ever needed to complete all the games in any of the GMC's I joined (I think this is my 9th). I do remember it being a lot the first time, but I think that was mostly because I didn't see it coming, so I hadn't played any other games than the ones from the challenges, and had to play like 60 in one day.
I think it's mostly been 50-60 games in the last couple of years though.