Games Master Challenge 2017: Living vs Dead BEGINS!

hrtbrk

I went back to all the previous GMC's and re-checked

Apparently I missed on the Day and Night Scarab by having ONE green tick in Day 6 (I still don't understand how this happened) and it was a bonus prize and it's now worth around 11 Mil :( 

However they didn't give out bonus prizes in the later GMC's 

So just in case there is a bonus prize .. make sure to have all gold ticks .. better safe than sorry

(btw i always seem to miss out on things by a single tick , click , etc .. in the Plot of the Ancients i missed one click - to get a flower - and so i didn't get the Steamed Jacket) ... this is why I now follow ALL guides on all Neo help sites simultaneously)

19 hours ago, Duskitty said:

What prizes did you get? These are what I got, respectively: Snot Volcano, Crayon Novas, and Hasee Shaped Balloons.

Honestly, I am not too thrilled with ANY of the prizes so far. The prizes for all 3 days have been pretty lame.  I hope they get better.  They are CUTE yes, but pretty much worthless. The cupcake is the only thing that has any use so far, and it isn't that great.  Oh, I suppose the book we got the first game was decent.  

Before anyone does what I did and ends up wanting to yell at something.

Start the timer for Ugga Drop and THEN play the game!

I played the game and got above the required score, went to the challenge page to start the timer before sending my score. Figured all's good. Go back to claim my prize and NOPE! Had to replay Ugga Drop again.

So just to forewarn you! Also the timer is 12 hours from the time you start it. I had my second score in under 9 minutes. :D

Korbat's Lab was a Breeze! Literally under 5 minutes! :D

Crisi Courier may be my downfall today, but I've rarely played it so we'll see how I do after giving it a few honest attempts.

I do not advise doing Crisis Courier with a trackpad, ever.

Do you get different prizes depending on how fast you were for the timed challenge? I got Gingerbread Mountain and it took me about 10 minutes, 11 seconds to complete the challenge.

Welp, looks like I won't be getting the top trophy. My down arrow key is broken and without it it's impossible to play Edna's Shadow :sad:

EDIT: Nvm, some nice people on the neoboards said I should use Windows' onscreen keyboard and it worked! Got 295 points! :D

4 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Do you get different prizes depending on how fast you were for the timed challenge? I got Gingerbread Mountain and it took me about 10 minutes, 11 seconds to complete the challenge.

Nope, everyone gets the same prize no matter how fast the challenge is completed :P

9 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I played the game and got above the required score, went to the challenge page to start the timer before sending my score. Figured all's good. Go back to claim my prize and NOPE! Had to replay Ugga Drop again.

So just to forewarn you! Also the timer is 12 hours from the time you start it. I had my second score in under 9 minutes. :D

Crisi Courier may be my downfall today, but I've rarely played it so we'll see how I do after giving it a few honest attempts.

And this is why I really should've read this thread before playing today's games (like I usually do). XD
Took me way too long to get the Ugga Drop score the first time; thankfully it went slightly better the second time.

Today's by far my least favourite day so for this GMC so far.

I don't particularly enjoy Edna's Shadow, but at least the score was far lower than my high score, which was most likely the result of Daily Dare challenge in the first place.

I'm still trying Crisis Courier, but it's one of my least favourite games.

I'm still working on Crisis Courier as well. I had magma Blaster from yesterday to finish, so I did that before calling it a night and that one only took me two tries.

Today's games weren't my best ones either. I used to be good at Crisis Courier but this laptop and this stuttering mouse didn't really help. I had to play on low quality to even get the score needed for today.

As for Edna's Shadow... I can't blame that on the laptop, that's all me. I get so confused when I had to go and free one of them and the movements get all mixed up. I died with 2 points over the needed score and did not want to retry that. :P

Ugga drop is easy once you learn to jump on Go (not too soon, not too late) and know when to open the parachute. The first level is one where you have to be a bit careful not to land in the mud, but the others are fine. Just make sure you get 1000 coins in each stage to buy the upgrades. Now, for where to open the chute: You'll see this ridge with a strapladder, it has a bit of a pointy edge to the right. Once you're there, open the chute. You'll get the timing right eventually. As long as you don't have it, open it just a fraction of a second before the edge, not after so you're not out by dropping to hard. As you start, push the other jumpers aside if they might trouble you. For the upgrades: buy both together but make sure you buy both every time the upgrades are being offered, you'll need the 1000 coins for it. You get extra for landing first (probably for second too, didn't read the guides, I suggest you do!) The point to open the chute is the same for every level, at least if you have the upgrades!

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

i used to HATE crisis courier .. my HS was like 200

but i played and played today and got 2570 ... it's not a bad game once you memorize the moves and get used to the speed of your Yooyu ...

I see some of my high scores and I think, "WOW! there is no way I am going to get the score I need for this game. Then I play it, and I am like, "This is easy, why the low score?" Then I thought about it, I probably did 1 of 2 things. I played it just enough to get by for either the top gamer avatar, or enough to get by for the 50 required games for the last GMC. So I realized, that wouldn't ACTUALLY be my high ABILITY score, it is just my high NECESSARY score.  Lol.

11 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Ha ha, that is funny because I did the EXACT same thing.  I played it at 3am when the games changed to day 4.  I got the score needed so I started the timer, went back and submitted my score.  Nope, didn't work.  Since the timer was ticking, I had to restart the game.  Luckily I was able to get an even higher score the next time.

14 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Honestly, I am not too thrilled with ANY of the prizes so far. The prizes for all 3 days have been pretty lame.  I hope they get better.  They are CUTE yes, but pretty much worthless. The cupcake is the only thing that has any use so far, and it isn't that great.  Oh, I suppose the book we got the first game was decent.  

Yay!  Another book!  Woohoo.  I like this book too.  I think I will add it to my magic gallery.  

Crisis courier is now complete as well! So far only one green check mark and all my challenges are completed! Surprisingly, Crisis Courier only took me 3 tries.

Yup Team Dead had to do Edna's Shadow today and got the same prize. :D

*Pokes @Duskitty to the GMC guide linked in first post.*

I feel like that Sophie hat might go fro quite a bit later on :)

I think the only prizes I've been excited about so far are the books. The hat is cool of course and today's plushie too :)

today's challenges took longer than they should .. maybe cuz my fingers r frozen .. but Florg esp .. i lost at 149 !!

it's a very cruel game .. idk how i had the heart to go for avvie score before .. 

Sophie gave me a hard time by just tossing dung at me (only 5 pts worth and that stupid cat wouldn't eat it)

Eye of the Storm - played Time Challenge and go the score much quicker than normal mode ... 

What should I do if Flash won't load? It's just showing a gray screen. I've made sure that Chrome has Flash set to "always allow".

Edit: Tried Firefox and that doesn't work either... I hope I won't miss a day because of this.

38 minutes ago, Angeló said:

today's challenges took longer than they should .. maybe cuz my fingers r frozen .. but Florg esp .. i lost at 149 !!

it's a very cruel game .. idk how i had the heart to go for avvie score before .. 

Sophie gave me a hard time by just tossing dung at me (only 5 pts worth and that stupid cat wouldn't eat it)

Eye of the Storm - played Time Challenge and go the score much quicker than normal mode ... 

Thanks for the tip - I didn't manage to get the score until I tried Time Challenge :)

Can anyone else not load the Flash games? I poked around with Inspect element and it appears there's a server fault on their end...

I'm gonna be so mad if I miss a day because of this.

Edit: Clearing cache and cookies worked, thank goodness.

So far I completed all the challenges except the magma blaster and crisis courier ones, because I had too much trouble with all three of those games and life's too short. Besides those I have two green checkmarks, but I was never going to get a perfect rank at any of these game challenges lol. I'm honestly quite proud of how I've been doing considering how much I usually dislike playing a majority of the games.

Sophie's Stew and Eye of the Storm were surprisingly easy, and Feed Florg was soul-crushing but it only took a few tries for me to get the hang of the controls.

If you're still having troubles with Crisis Courier try watching a video on youtube so you can get an idea of when to change your yooyu and collect gold bags.

If you think Feed Florg is hard, you should try Snowbeast Snackrifice, that one is going to be the death of me.

13 hours ago, Duskitty said:

What should I do if Flash won't load? It's just showing a gray screen. I've made sure that Chrome has Flash set to "always allow".

Edit: Tried Firefox and that doesn't work either... I hope I won't miss a day because of this.

Didi you download and install Flash for Firefox? With Chrome, Flash is "built-in", but it is not with Firefox. As I read you cleared your cache and games are loading, posting this for possible future reference. In case anyone else is reading this, Flash is not "built-in" with Opera, either. You must download and install from Adobe's website. Flash for Edge and IE 11 are updated with Windows Updates.

I'm super late on posting XD I joined team dead (of course). Gold checks all around for me so far, but some of those were near panic-inducing as the necessary score approached XD All my Feed Florg effort for the avatar made his score this time not nearly as bad lol I feel like I'm really bad at games in general, but I manage to stress myself out just long enough to get what's needed :D Most hated so far is the Snot Splatter game. It's always in these challenges. I'm always embarrassingly bad at it. My hatred for it grows each year <3

Wow, I know I forgot to check yesterday's games, but I now see I missed more than that. Here's me expecting it to be Day 4, and it's day 6 :bigeyed:

I didn't even attempt Ugga Drop, I'm not going to be able to do that. Crisis Courier confuses me, too many things to remember, so I gave that a miss too, but I got the book from Korbat's Lab. :D

Currently working on Sophie's Stew, I think I should be able to get this one.