Games Master Challenge 2017: Living vs Dead BEGINS!

hrtbrk

54 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

Kass Basher and Faerie Bubbles? They're being kind to us today.

I like the Water Turtum, he's so cute. :>

water turtum went right into my gallery 

kass basher 300 points omg i got that score with 1 speed wind :P 

DEAD team got Spinacles .. also easy score if you build-up for it ...

I already have 50 scores sent in qualifying games but it still says the challenge is incomplete... do I have to do em all again today? What?

Edit: Nvm, the challenge registered as complete when I sent my score for Spellseeker.

Edit2:

image.png.80c59a6abc0e5ba8e66d573e4692526e.png

b)

3 hours ago, Duskitty said:

the challenge registered as complete when I sent my score for Spellseeker.

How much time do you get for Spellseeker?

I like to think I'm fairly good at this game, I play it pretty often, but I'd like to know what I'm letting myself in for before I start the timer, lol. :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

How much time do you get for Spellseeker?

I like to think I'm fairly good at this game, I play it pretty often, but I'd like to know what I'm letting myself in for before I start the timer, lol. :ph34r:

The timer will give you 12 hours. Make sure you start it before the game or you'll have to do it all over again.

25 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

The timer will give you 12 hours. Make sure you start it before the game or you'll have to do it all over again.

OH!! lol.gif

You said this before about Ugga Drop, didn't you, but as I didn't attempt that game I don't think it registered. Though I suspect I'd still not have realised it worked that way for this game too. I thought it was going to give me a really smol amount time to reach that score, not half a day to play the game in. That's a kind of bizarre way of doing things, I think. o_O

Though no complaints from me as it makes it no different to my regular playing of this game. :D

11 minutes ago, Angeló said:

please i need help with Kou Jong this game cost me a golden trophy in DD and now ... 

i just can't seem to win 

should i play on hard or easy ???!

i have no clue what im doing 

I've never been great at that game either.  Here is the TDN help guide for it. http://thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/kou-jong

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

please i need help with Kou Jong this game cost me a golden trophy in DD and now ... 

i just can't seem to win 

Neither, lol. Play on medium. Easy doesn't give you a high enough end score.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I don't play it very often because it seems to be time intensive for a small amount of points. I played on medium today and got 306. Kinda fun though. My problem now is my laptop has issues. I need a new one. This one shuts off when it gets hot (which happens during some games). This is why I probably won't be able to complete all the check marks to get the best prizes. I also don't play many of these games often enough to be good. I'll get some prizes and already completed my 50 and got that. We'll see what else I can complete before this ends.

6 hours ago, Angeló said:

i just can't seem to win 

Rofl! I'm with you.

Ask @Mouseykins, she heard me complaining for a half an hour last night as I'd get down to the last two tiles and then would have to reset as the last matching set would be on top of each other.

CRUEL GAME!!! :laugh:

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

i had no idea there is a Medium setting .. i thought it's Zen !!

i got the score after about an hour of constantly resetting level 3

.. thanks :)

7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i had no idea there is a Medium setting .. i thought it's Zen !!

i got the score after about an hour of constantly resetting level 3

.. thanks :)

You're welcome!

Seeing you guys comments about this game, I'm glad I know what I'm doing with Kou-jong. Though I didn't find playing it at all easy. :^/

t's the first time I've played it in over a year, and another game where my ability to play it has declined hugely since my last relapse, all those different images on the tiles were close to more than my brain could deal with, I'm really lucky that you could earn enough on medium because I've NEVER have been able to do it on hard.

Kou-Jong brought back traumatic memories from 2011 :arrowhead: Thank Fyora this time the score is not so high.

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

That said, after we've done everything, do we get anything extra once it is over, or is it just the prizes we have already won?

We usually get trophies and extra prizes once the event is over :D

Yeah Kou Jong is annoying, it's more luck than skill. I played on easy first ended all three levels to realize: not enough points. Figured I'd play on hard instead and had to reset over and over and over. Started complaining to @Mouseykins about it as well who told me to play on medium (could have figured that out myself but didn't want to give up, I'm stubborn like that) finally gave in to it and played on medium and got the required score.

And then there was Berry Bash. That game, to me, is even more cruel! I kept getting game over at 1200 points. But eventually made it too. *phew* So for me it's another year of all gold ticks yay! :happydance: Now I just need to wait for the final prizes to be handed out. :) 

See, I didn't think kou jong was that hard (although I, too, first played through Easy before realizing it wasn't enough points haha). I did keep having trouble with Spellseeker, but that was more just bad luck and probably unfamiliarity with the power ups or whatever, I kept just trying to make sequences and ignoring everything else. 

My problem is games that require hand-eye coordination more than the puzzles. 

I feel like I'm the only one here who likes Kou-Jong :guiltysmiley:

It is definitely more luck-based than skill-based. I played on Hard to get my score and it is incredibly frustrating to get through all those tiles, only to have the last 2 overlapping, so yeah, don't do what I did. Just keep playing it and you'll get a good run.

Mahjong type games are my favourite! Even though I love Mahjong games and am quite good at them, Kou-Jong can still be a bit particular. I know Hard is often very troublesome and you have to reset it several times. With the score being relatively low, I thought I'd try on Easy to see how high I could get. Not even close! :laugh: So then I tried Medium and started getting there. I don't even think I finished stage 3. I just got fed up and once I got the score that was it, score sent!

Now onto more pressing matters. :laugh:

I still have MAGAX: Destroyer II to complete. Hopefully I can get it done before the day is over.