Enter The Runway #49!

deboratibi

The entering period for The Runway's forty-ninth round is about to begin! For more information on how to participate, make sure to read this post carefully.

Current theme: Totally Awesome 80's
Description: Create an outfit inspired by 80's fashion (and/or pop culture)
Entering period: Monday, November 20th - Sunday, November 26th
Voting period: Monday, November 27th - Sunday, December 3rd

:excl: Important notice:

• We are now back to our old schedule (two contests per month instead of just one), so pay attention to the deadlines!
  • Theme announcement topics (such as this one) will now be posted in The Runway subforum instead of Customization News & Updates, and will remain unlocked during the entering period to allow discussion and questions about the current theme.
  • There will no longer be winner announcement topics, since the winners are already announced on the actual voting topic.

Oh wow, lol! Now THIS should be fun! :laugh:

Do I try for some Margaret Thatcher or miner's strike theme? :ph34r:

Please don't let me actually end up doing something like that, lol.

Am I intentionally trying to sabotage myself? Do I have some #lifegoals thing of "Succeeding in getting zero votes in The Runway contest!" :arrowhead:

Oh my gosh, this is the best theme ever. I usually only enter once in a while, and definitely not two weeks in a row, but I can't resist this theme! I may even have to make a trip over to the Backstage thread if I can't narrow down my ideas. 

Yeah, I'm on the opposite end.  Not only does it not make me want to rush out and start customizing, but I wouldn't even know where to start since I wasn't alive in the 80s.  I could figure out 70s, those are pretty well known for their horrible fashion choices (:P), but I think the 80s was mostly just huge glasses?  Why does neo even have a selection of 80s fashion?

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

If you send me a Margaret Thatcher outfit, I'm banning you from the contest :ph34r:

RED. FLAG. TO. A. BULL.

Just sayin'

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I'm on the opposite end.  Not only does it not make me want to rush out and start customizing, but I wouldn't even know where to start since I wasn't alive in the 80s.  I could figure out 70s, those are pretty well known for their horrible fashion choices (:P), but I think the 80s was mostly just huge glasses?  Why does neo even have a selection of 80s fashion?

I was technically alive in the 80s, but I can't remember much of those 7 months. :P
Just google 80s fashion though; it's not just huge glasses. (Huge hair, too! Think Bon Jovi. Or other 80s "hair bands".)
Neon. Spandex. Leg warmers. So much to love. :wub_anim:

I'm kind of amazed that you somehow managed to avoid running into 80s fashion anywhere though! I'm much more familiar with 80s fashion than I am with 70s fashion. (The 60s and the 70s always kind of blend in together for me.)

Anyway, I love this theme! :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I was technically alive in the 80s, but I can't remember much of those 7 months. :P
Just google 80s fashion though; it's not just huge glasses. (Huge hair, too! Think Bon Jovi. Or other 80s "hair bands".)
Neon. Spandex. Leg warmers. So much to love. :wub_anim:

I'm kind of amazed that you somehow managed to avoid running into 80s fashion anywhere though! I'm much more familiar with 80s fashion than I am with 70s fashion. (The 60s and the 70s always kind of blend in together for me.)

Anyway, I love this theme! :biggrin:

Ah, so what I would have worn for a school spirit week "wacky tacky day"

1 minute ago, balloongal247 said:

Ah, so what I would have worn for a school spirit week "wacky tacky day"

Okay, my turn to be confused. What exactly is school spirit week (do you... cheer on your school?), and how does "wacky tack day" fit into that? XD

(I do feel that 'wacky tacky' is an accurate description for 80s fashion though. :D)

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Okay, my turn to be confused. What exactly is school spirit week (do you... cheer on your school?), and how does "wacky tack day" fit into that? XD

(I do feel that 'wacky tacky' is an accurate description for 80s fashion though. :D)

School spirit week was a week of theme days, one of which was usually school colors, that I think might have happened around homecoming, at least in HS.  Usually a pajama day where you got to wear PJs to school, etc.  Some classes might give extra credit for participating.  Basically just a fun activity to get people to like the school.  One day I remember was Wacky Tacky day, where you'd wear glaring and mismatched clothes.  I used to wear mismatched long patterned socks and shorts over pants and things.

11 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Couldn't agree more xD

Madonna's a LOT to blame for 80s fashion, she rocked the look though, there's no denying that!

6 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

School spirit week was a week of theme days, one of which was usually school colors, that I think might have happened around homecoming, at least in HS.  Usually a pajama day where you got to wear PJs to school, etc.  Some classes might give extra credit for participating.  Basically just a fun activity to get people to like the school.  One day I remember was Wacky Tacky day, where you'd wear glaring and mismatched clothes.  I used to wear mismatched long patterned socks and shorts over pants and things.

That sounds kinda fun. :)

(And completely different from what school's like in Holland - I'm pretty sure none of the schools I attended had anything like 'school colors' in the first place.)

I'm not going to lie, this looks like fun! I gotta see what kinda of 80's vibe I can pull off! 

I got my entry in, and Deb hasn't kicked me out of the contest yet, so I think I'm safe. :ph34r:

*checks inbox*

Oh wait, she's not read it yet, so I'd best not be counting my chickens . . .

:shiftyeyes_anim: