General question about random events

suzanoberle

Often Random events appear while I am busy clicking on something else, and I see them flash by, but they disappear before I read them.  Is there a way to go back and look at the previous random event?  Hitting the back button doesn't work.  Most the time they don't matter, but sometimes it would be nice to know what I missed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

There is no way to see them again. But they shouldn't disappear until the page gets reloaded. Isn't there a setting in your browser that stops/hides them? I've never heard of one, but there's so many add-ons and settings and I can't know them all.

In any case, normal random events don't "flash by" They just sit there on the page. But once you click away they're gone and you can't get them back.

4 hours ago, suzanoberle said:

Often Random events appear while I am busy clicking on something else, and I see them flash by, but they disappear before I read them.  Is there a way to go back and look at the previous random event?  Hitting the back button doesn't work.  Most the time they don't matter, but sometimes it would be nice to know what I missed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I agree with what Duma said, they don't disappear until the page is reloaded. But I also know what Suzanoberle means. For example, on the money tree, if you are focused on the lower part of the page, trying to grab items, you can't see what's on top. Sometimes the page reloads a bit off and seems to bump down some (maybe it's due to an ad blocker?). But sometimes it's because you just had one of those random events. The challenge is stopping what you are doing to see what the random event is before you reload the page. If it's just a message saying something amusing, then nothing is really missed. But if you notice some NP missing, or some added, or a new item in your inventory, it's nice to know why and when it happened. :unsure: I wonder if shrinking the page size would help? 

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=random_events

There's also the chance that you can get ones on intermediate pages, like when posting a message on a guild board, there's a page that posts your message (and I guess checks for errors or whatever) and then it directs you to the guild forum page (basically so that refreshing doesn't repost).  If you get a random on that middle page, you'll never see it.  And no, you can't really get it back.

I guess in theory, if you could get your back button to go back without reloading, you would show it, but I think browsers stopped doing that about a decade ago when internet got fast enough to load pages right away.

OK, thanks, everyone, for the comments--I appreciate them.  I think I'm just busy with other stuff, like the money tree, and don't take the time to stop and read them before hitting the next page.  I like Lakecat's suggestion about shrinking the page size; that's a clever idea.