Happy Xweetok Day!

hrtbrk

Both of these are pretty good! I like the "mischievous" look of the Wraith Xweetok. And I guess Wraith is fitting, as the current plot is featuring Wraiths. As for the dress or rather, dresses in general, they seem to be "lost" on Xweetoks, due to their chest fur. Not sure where they were going with the outfit. Halloween may have been a better release date for it?!

I love the colors and the outfit. I personally think they should have chosen a better colored base for the outfit and gotten rid of the buns on the hair though. The hair would look better if it was completely down. I also don't like the recent trend of keeping the face lines on transparent pets. Like the mouth and possibly the nose

Oh dear, lol.

That outfit gets filed in my "hot mess" category I'm afraid. Very poor execution of the hair, pretty sure that could have looked nice if it was drawn better, thought it REALLY doesn't suit the Xwee at all. The lipstick's not doing anything to change my mind about how it makes all pets look idiotic, either. Dress could have been nice, I mean the skirt's details are very pretty, but that green! :bigeyed: and what's with the sleeves that look like bandages, all a bit strange.Though I suppose this is another outfit copied from some fictional character so it isn't weird design choices by Neo's artist.

Them releasing an NP set of "normal" contacts and making them species-limited though . . . sometimes I really want to poke you in the eye, JS <_<

SQUEE!

I've been waiting for Xweetok Day ALL YEAR. They're my favorite species. (Yours truly was even published in the Poetry Contest AND look out for an article upcoming in this week's edition of the NT!)

So, these new additions. I really like the Wraith! I actually really like most/all of the Wraith pets, although I can't see myself ever getting one because they seem hard to customize. I 100% agree with Scoobert about the mischievous smile--although I would say that all Xweetok colors (aside from transparent...and invisible, I guess) have a similar smirk on their faces. That's part of why I like them so much! Transparent on the other hand, I really hate as a color, and even on my favorite species, I can't bring myself to like it. Oh well. 

That outfit is...a lot. Well, the wig is hideous imho. I agree that the 'bun' things are really obnoxious and doesn't suit the Xweetok at all. I don't mind the dress, although it's quite a bright color and it's disappointing that the ruff gets in the way of the neckline, so you can't even see the butterfly. But this is where the magic of the Golden Key Necklace (I think that's what it's called?) can come in to remove the ruff. The lipstick is also really bright, but I'm sure some people will find use for it. As for the contacts, well they have a bit of a glassy, blank look to them that's a little creepy...but overall they're a nice option for people who want NP contacts. Although I agree with Jelly that it's unfortunate they're species-specific. 

I'm also curious to know if the outfit was based on a fictional character. I don't recognize it--does anyone else? 

I kinda wonder if the thing you guys are noticing about the creepy factor with the clothing is the eyes.  Dress to Impress doesn't have the dress up yet, so I used paint to splice the eyes without contacts with the dress photo from here (which is why it doesn't match up perfectly, sorry!)  I agree that the lipstick is kinda "meh," but it looks a lot prettier to me when it doesn't have the weird yellow eyes.

Also, I may need to create a side account eventually.  I had never realised how cute I think xweetoks are.

Untitled.jpg

Wow! @GillyTook you are SO right! Without the contacts things look WAY better!

OH! I now see what I'd never noticed before; that the pupil and iris colours are switched in Xweetoks! THAT'S going to be why the contacts look weird!

The detailing on the dress's skirt really is pretty, I see the yellow/orange part is actually flowers, not a ruffle.

Yeah I'd be very interested to know the inspiration behind the dress, the fact that it's embellished with flowers, leaves and butterflies for no particular reason makes me even more sure this is copied from somewhere.

2 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I'm waiting impatiently for DTI to get the dress up so I can see what it looks like with the ruff removed. 

Unless they didn't plan for it to be for Xweetoks, I'm guessing, like many np items, it'll just have a bare spot where the ruff would be.  Maybe items that have come out since the golden key necklace are better about planning for it?  But I find a lot of times there's just a ruff shaped cutout.

9 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I kinda wonder if the thing you guys are noticing about the creepy factor with the clothing is the eyes.  Dress to Impress doesn't have the dress up yet, so I used paint to splice the eyes without contacts with the dress photo from here (which is why it doesn't match up perfectly, sorry!)  I agree that the lipstick is kinda "meh," but it looks a lot prettier to me when it doesn't have the weird yellow eyes.

Also, I may need to create a side account eventually.  I had never realised how cute I think xweetoks are.

Untitled.jpg

That looks SO much better without the contacts! I quite like it now that the blues from her eyes bring out the blue in her hair!

Lips on pets still seem soooo so wrong

The contacts look kind of swamp gassy.  I also don't love the way the wig gets darker toward the bottom, which is also kind of stringy.  I guess it'd work well for a customization that's like "I'm just hanging around my house and my hair got in my way, so I threw it up haphazardly on top of my head" Except that there are flowers and butterflies in it.  I also don't love that you can see the base color hair mohawk in the part of the hair.  I want the wigs to look like hair, not like a bad wig.  The lipstick is weird since Xweetoks do not have lips.  DTI doesn't have the dress up yet, so I can't see how it might look without the rest.

11 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Lips on pets still seem soooo so wrong

I know, right? :laugh:

8 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

I also don't love the way the wig [snip] is also kind of stringy. 

The lipstick is weird since Xweetoks do not have lips.

Looks like the hair of someone who got all dressed up for a garden party, then got caught in a downpour and it re-dried all straggly. I mean it's well-drawn, if the look they were going for was "all straggly".  :laugh: Would even explain the weird way the buns look, what you're seeing there is hair coated in half a ton of hairspray, drenched and subsequently flattened, then set to a cement-like consistency as it dried. xD

I will say that the lips on the Xwee don't look quite as bad as they do on some. On some pets (I'm looking at you Peophins) they're so big they look like those ridiculous fake wax lips. Maybe it's because of the slender face shape?

Wraith looks awesome! One of the best executions of that colour so far. It looks spirally and fientlike because of the eyes and mouth shapes. The tail also looks really good. I might have liked it even more if the eyes had a more evil frown and would glow like these:

4.png4.png

Transparant looks good, but I still find the drawn face lines appaling, it just removes the whole idea of transparency and the details of the skull are lost. Also, I think the bowels are a bit high up the chest in that xweetok: they're not in its belly. It is also funny to see that Xweetok apparently have retractable claws, while stoats (ermines) do not have retractable claws. At least, I think Xweetoks are modeled after stoats since they're only about 24 cm long and stoats are 19-21 cm (for nice size comparison of the neopets: http://neocolours.me.uk/petsizes.php)

The clothes hurt my eyes; nothing else to say about those.

I do like the wraith.  I've always liked the wraith color. Maybe when DTI comes up, I'll see how hard it would be to customize a wraith Xwee, to see if maybe it needs to be my Xwee's next color.

OMG, Wraith with the ruff removed looks SO CREEPY

medium_preview.png  

Oddly beheaded spirit creature!

Looks worse in the full view rather than the still preview, with more glowy-ness

5a2168dfd40d2_Screenshot2017-12-01at8_35_19AM.png.9a58d4e31e1b42ba952df25ec8888b0c.png

The without ruff is too ridiculous, and I think the darker background disguises it a bit, so I'm going to post this one too.

medium_preview.png

I guess the ruff issue COULD be DTI not having data on ruff removed pets yet.  We could hope.  Though I feel like TNT would do that before DTI would.

I don't know why everyone is creeped out by the outfit, I love it :) It's spring-ish and indeed has the flower power vibe. The colours could be more pale, but overal I am fond of it. Similarly to the colours, I LOVE the wraith one. It is done spectacularly, the tail, the hair, the ears - all the details <3 when it comes to the transparent it's pretty decent, although it goes a bit unnoticed. 

I do agree with Josi that it'd be nicer if the grimace has the more evilish, mischievous smile or the squinted eyes or so, but still it's great. Like - really a spirit of some being. 

good job of the team~!