Welcome to December and Advent Calendar Begins!

hrtbrk

I am quite happy, so far, with this year's advent calendar.  We have been getting a lot of books, and that's always nice.  I wish some of the "gifts" were backgrounds or other type items, but, overall, so far, so good.

2 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I am quite happy, so far, with this year's advent calendar.  We have been getting a lot of books, and that's always nice.  I wish some of the "gifts" were backgrounds or other type items, but, overall, so far, so good.

Yeah, I totally agree!

I'm tucking the books away in my shop to keep them separate for when the book smarts boon come around again. :D My shop's basically just a very big and expensive cupboard. :laugh:

Edit: And another pretty book for today! :D

And LOL at the animation. xDD No food left? No worries, just eat the table decoration. :laugh: I was really hoping, when I saw it was a Grarrl, that something like that would happen.

Got behind, again, on posting the Advent Calendar bonus prizes. So, here goes:

For December 19th, I got this Snow Flake Mobile:

gif_snow_flake_mobile.gif

(Does that make 3 or 4?! Anyhow, if anyone would like one, please let me know. Free, of course).

For December 20th, I got this Healing Potion XVII:

potion13.gif

(Can never have enough Healing Potions).

For December 21st, I got this Snowager Keyring:

toy_snowager_keyring.gif

(Another "repeat" prize. Oh, well).

And, for today's, December 22nd, bonus prize, I got this Snow Sculpting for Beginners:

boo_snow_sculpting_beginners.gif

(Nothing like cuddling up with a book, but maybe not such a cold one?!)

45 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

Is the Candy Christmas Tree's image broken for everyone? Shame, I wanted to see what it looks like.

I can see the Candy Christmas Tree in my inventory - it's not broken. Does is show broken when your pet "wears" it?

For today's, 23rd December, Advent Calendar bonus prize, I got this Snow Gnorbu Plushie:

plu_gnorbu_snow.gif

Link, here: https://images.neopets.com/items/plu_gnorbu_snow.gif

Love them plushies! I liked today's animation and the Candy Kougra Plushie, too!

EDIT: The Candy Christmas Tree is working with/on my pet. I added it to his customization and it is not broken. However, it is making me hungry. (Runs off to look for some candy!)

Today's AC Bonus Prize:

Well spotted!

You've found today's hidden Gingerbread figure! As your reward, you've earned the following prize:

bak_snowflake_cake.gif
Snowflake Cake

Edit: sorry about the double post... didn't realize no one else had posted today

Edited by acmerasta

Today's Bonus AC Prize:

Well spotted!

You've found today's hidden Gingerbread figure! As your reward, you've earned the following prize:

gif_snow_flake_mobile.gif
Snow Flake Mobile

Well spotted!

toy_snowager_keyring.gif
Snowager Keyring

petpet_snowmonk.gif
Feepit

yaaaaaay this is the cutest thing ever

btw i loved the Snowman Tree next to Amira in today's animation ..... and Amira herself looks so pretty :D

Yeah that snowman tree's great, isn't it!

I really like the story behind today's animation! I'm amused by how Jazan appears to be not at all happy about having to give gifts to his subjects, lol. Seems to feel it's totally beneath him, unless I'm misjudging him. :laugh:

33 minutes ago, lakecat said:

One of the prizes today is a Pyramid Shaped Gift Bag does anyone know what is in it? I usually keep them unopened until I know. I checked JellyNeo, no list of items inside yet.

Oh! It's something we can open? I didn't actually look at the description of it, lol, I just tucked it away in my SDB.

Here are the links, for quick reference. Still no items inside described as of this posting. The SW lists it above 20,000 for now.

https://items.jellyneo.net/item/64231/

https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/pyramid-shaped-gift-bag

Open the gift bag for amazing goodies. This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y19.

EDIT: a quick Google shows it giving just low value items so far, but if there is even a chance of something like, say, a Lost Desert Paint Brush inside, then maybe it will always have some potential of keeping its higher price. I'm speculating and have no actual proof yet of what's inside. If anyone is willing to open theirs, please post what you get. I'm sure we're all curious. 

3 hours ago, lakecat said:

Here are the links, for quick reference. Still no items inside described as of this posting. The SW lists it above 20,000 for now.

https://items.jellyneo.net/item/64231/

https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/pyramid-shaped-gift-bag

Open the gift bag for amazing goodies. This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y19.

EDIT: a quick Google shows it giving just low value items so far, but if there is even a chance of something like, say, a Lost Desert Paint Brush inside, then maybe it will always have some potential of keeping its higher price. I'm speculating and have no actual proof yet of what's inside. If anyone is willing to open theirs, please post what you get. I'm sure we're all curious. 

i dont think it would give any high-end items since every body got one (millions of people) it would de-value the rare item big time ...

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

i dont think it would give any high-end items since every body got one (millions of people) it would de-value the rare item big time ...

You may be right, but I was wondering if it might give a few high value or rare items randomly. I'm looking for sites or any page here that lists previous gift bag contents. Don't they give various prizes? I didn't think it was the exact same things for every bag. The comments I saw on another forum showed a range of items, but they were not worth the current value of the unopened bag. For comparison, the Fruit Machine gives the chance of winning a paint brush. Millions click on that every day. That could also potentially lower the value of any existing paint brushes. 

I'm checking this link now. So far I don't see it even listed. 

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=openable_items

50 minutes ago, lakecat said:

You may be right, but I was wondering if it might give a few high value or rare items randomly. I'm looking for sites or any page here that lists previous gift bag contents. Don't they give various prizes? I didn't think it was the exact same things for every bag. The comments I saw on another forum showed a range of items, but they were not worth the current value of the unopened bag. For comparison, the Fruit Machine gives the chance of winning a paint brush. Millions click on that every day. That could also potentially lower the value of any existing paint brushes. 

I'm checking this link now. So far I don't see it even listed. 

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=openable_items

yes .. it all depends on the drop rarity .. i may have missed a point here which is the bags are R101 i means they're not gonna be regenerated (just like retired goodie bags) so that can add to the rarity and price .. the bag that's opened will never be available again in Neopia ... but still the mechanism of the Fruit Machine or the Alien Vending Machine is a bit different in my opinion .. getting a PB there is soooo rare i only got it once during my 18 yrs on Neopets .. but i think the bags have more probability of dropping a rare item (or maybe not .. idk .. those Alabriss Wings are still darn 10Mil and the Skarl Snowbunny is nowhere to be seen hehe)