Are You Stocking Up for Charity Corner?

Musical_Shoyru

6 hours ago, jaydeed said:

Well, I won't be able to use all 77k items for sure but I'm pretty well set for the major groups like books, toys, food and BD and if even one of those is picked I'll be in a better position than I was last time when I went broke gambling, lol.

I love my spreadsheet! It was hard work setting it up but now I can update it quickly and it's satisfying to see the r90s grow.

I don't consider it inflating when CC happens and items sell for 35k a pop. There's a limited time when they have a value and that's it. Consider 35k their true price and the rest of the year they're DEflated ;-) If there's a drought, a bucket is worthless; it rains soup and hey, it's valuable. CC is soup time. Nerks sell for 60-99k and no one protests even though what you get back off them is normally garbage. It's the potential of a PB that makes them valuable.

I guess I kind of understand that. However nerks are always the price they are regardless. I'm talking about items that are worth under 100np that you get from dailies that people rack up the price on. It's just ridiculous in my opinion. 

I mainly say this for people that can't afford it. I know many, many neopets players that have been on this game for years but just don't have the time investment. I just think it''d be nice for them to get a couple of items that could make their Neopoints jump! That's why I want to collect so much so I can give some away as well. I've more than enough Neopoints that I'm not hard up for them and need to inflate my shop prices haha

But man oh, a billionaire? That's cool! I'm close to 100m in items and Neopoints together :) I'm hoping within a couple of years I'll be able to buy a Boney Grarrl Club or and a Super Attack Pea for my Guild lending's :)

Well at the moment I have 1 million in NPs and that's it so this is my chance to improve on that. But it's been a LOT of work for the past nine months. It's not an easy route to riches, but what is? Restocking, Food Club, stocks, they all take some effort.

And if I got that rich? I'd totally spread the joy around.

8 minutes ago, jaydeed said:

Well at the moment I have 1 million in NPs and that's it so this is my chance to improve on that. But it's been a LOT of work for the past nine months. It's not an easy route to riches, but what is? Restocking, Food Club, stocks, they all take some effort.

And if I got that rich? I'd totally spread the joy around.

Yeah for sure! I think Food Club is my big ticket money maker, but even then you have to be consistent because some days the return is just awful xD I haven't done much restocking but I think I might get into soon. I've done a little bit, but not a whole lot lol

17 hours ago, jaydeed said:

I don't consider it inflating when CC happens and items sell for 35k a pop. There's a limited time when they have a value and that's it. Consider 35k their true price and the rest of the year they're DEflated ;-)

If there's a drought, a bucket is worthless; it rains soup and hey, it's valuable. CC is soup time.

Nerks sell for 60-99k and no one protests even though what you get back off them is normally garbage. It's the potential of a PB that makes them valuable.

I missed this comment before. LOVE IT!! :laugh:

In my special little world there's a Neopet wearing a t-shirt that says CC is soup time. So perfect for a t-shirt quote because just about NO-ONE would know what it meant. xD

Well, that's something then. Good to know that those who have been preparing haven't done it for nothing. Too bad we can't know exactly when or which categories will be used. 

3 hours ago, jaydeed said:

If they told us that, can you imagine the instant inflation and panic buying that would start BEFORE the event, lol?

I didn't realize there was any doubt there would be one at all. I knew there was going to be one, or that's what I though.  I already saw prices going up for things, was there some type of editorial hinting toward not doing one?

4 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I didn't realize there was any doubt there would be one at all. I knew there was going to be one, or that's what I though.  I already saw prices going up for things, was there some type of editorial hinting toward not doing one?

Funny you mention it, 'cause the latest Editorial confirms the event will take place in "the near future" :P:

Hi Scrappy! I hope you had a nice & restful thanksgiving holiday ^^ I was just wondering if there are any plans for another charity corner? I've been really enjoying all of the recent updates to games and was just curious if this is another NC event we can expect to see revived. I have lots accumulating that I'd love to donate :D
Yes! you can definitely expect another Charity Corner in the near future!! We love them as well, donating and giving back is so important :)

I'm pretty sure they had already said there'd be one, though.

3 hours ago, Hanso said:

Funny you mention it, 'cause the latest Editorial confirms the event will take place in "the near future" :P:

I'm pretty sure they had already said there'd be one, though.

Yeah that's what I thought. I could of swore we knew we'd get one, just that it wasn't sure when it would happen and what theme.

I feel like TNT is going to troll us and see what everyone is collecting on the boards and be like "HAHA SYKE! WE'RE DOING THIS THEME! MWAHAHAHAH!" xD

11 hours ago, jaydeed said:

As long as they do one or two of the big five; toys, books, BD, clothes, food, I'm ready. Have a few thousand in the smaller categories, but I concentrated on those 5 mainly.

I feel ya. I'm good on BD and Toys, but have such a hard time buying food. I didn't want to spend more than 3k for items, but if I want some of the categories I might have to buckle down and do it xD

35 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

Negg Noodles
Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll
^^ both r90s foods that are still 3k.  Prices are inflating already.  Many of the giveaway ones I have that are r90s are 5k.

I had started to buy the Keno Egg too (can't remember the exact name) Cracked Keno Egg or something? And they were pretty cheap. But yeah everything r90 and up is starting to inflate already. Which is silly because people already knew their would be one! lol I'm guessing just because they said "near future"

I bet it is not as near in the future as the average Neo-buyer's attention span and that while those items will go up in the short term...they will drop again before the actual CC begins.

Just my prognosticating. 

:P

10 hours ago, fullonparanoid said:

I bet it is not as near in the future as the average Neo-buyer's attention span and that while those items will go up in the short term...they will drop again before the actual CC begins.

Just my prognosticating. 

:P

Yeah I'd not have thought they'd have rolled CC out until the plot was finished. I'm hoping there's a couple of months yet and CC will happen at the same kind of time as this year's did.

10 hours ago, fullonparanoid said:

Yep, I think this is what happened with BD items when the plot was first announced. People started buying things like crazy and prices increased, then excitement waned after two or three weeks and prices went back to normal until the plot actually started. 

In the meantime, I'll continue hoarding my dailies items. 

I agree. Don't buy at inflated prices; wait for ppl to forget. Scrappy said it wouldn't be right now so I'm guessing Feb/March. I have less food too; that and clothes get pricey. But books, toys, BD, all good. And you can snipe or save from dailies. BD is easy; 5nps every 30 mins at the Healing Springs for an Icy Snowball. Soon mounts up.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:35 PM, jaydeed said:

I agree. Don't buy at inflated prices; wait for ppl to forget. Scrappy said it wouldn't be right now so I'm guessing Feb/March. I have less food too; that and clothes get pricey. But books, toys, BD, all good. And you can snipe or save from dailies. BD is easy; 5nps every 30 mins at the Healing Springs for an Icy Snowball. Soon mounts up.

Yeah BD Items are SUPER Easy to collect, the Light Acara Hood is cheap and a lot of other things. I would expect it in the spring sometime, as we've had a winter, fall, summer/end of summer one so far.