Wraith Resurgence: New Decipher, Potions and Enemies

hrtbrk

5 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Anyone else having to turn in two of each potion to the new locations? I can't tell if that's intended or just another glitch...

I just hard refreshed (Ctrl+Shift+R) after turning in my first potion and it went back to normal. Seems like a glitch.

Only had to use one potion for each location. Although, as said above, I did had to switch to Chrome for it. On Firefox it just wouldn't work. I hope they'll fix that too. I don't really like switching.

Since the Murmurs bit didn't change the letters around anymore and I couldn't figure out how to see repeating letters when they were all the same every time, I checked out the guide which was awesome! I wanted to see if I could figure some of the notes out for myself and ended up copy/pasting the notes into a word doc and adding spaces between each of the letters. Then ctrl+f "o n e", "t w o", etc. Because I couldn't see the words themselves while they were all squished together. 

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Take a look at this TDN topic, as to why the language changing trick no longer works, to get your pet to read a book:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48621-reading-books-is-this-a-glitch/

Hint: Your pet is not being a brat.

Second Hint: (for your edit) Yes.

EDIT: If you are having problems using Taelia's Concoctions on the "wraith fog" areas, and are not using Chrome, you may want to switch to it. I use Firefox and had problems with the Giant Omelette and Giant Jelly. When I switched to Chrome, I was able to clear the fog.

Yeah, I do know the trick no longer works with new books. I do, lol. So I really should have realised, when he wouldn't read it in English that I was wasting my time trying in other languages, but hey, my brain's broken, I got an excuse. :ph34r:

BUT, it still makes no sense that all 4 items in my inventory (book, pretty cookie, spinning rings and fiendish key) weren't even THERE when I switched to other languages. Look.

N9aQCZ4.png

EScnFY6.png

That seems really bizarre to me!

But whatever, I guess! Onwards with the plot!

*pouts* So I managed to get to the lock picking game and now it wont even work! I try to get it to stop and it just keeps going. I know I really really suck at this part so I'll just have to try it again later. :(

Did you click on the answer at the murmurs page or did you just went to the location yourself? I clicked on the answer that took me to the location and it worked. I use Firefox except for the cleansing, I need to use Chrome for that or it won't work.

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, I do know the trick no longer works with new books. I do, lol. So I really should have realised, when he wouldn't read it in English that I was wasting my time trying in other languages, but hey, my brain's broken, I got an excuse. :ph34r:

BUT, it still makes no sense that all 4 items in my inventory (book, pretty cookie, spinning rings and fiendish key) weren't even THERE when I switched to other languages. Look.

N9aQCZ4.png

EScnFY6.png

That seems really bizarre to me!

But whatever, I guess! Onwards with the plot!

The reason it does that is those items are NOT supported in other languages, so they disappear.

15 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

The reason it does that is those items are NOT supported in other languages, so they disappear.

I suppose I just wasn't aware of how . . . hardcore? this lack of translation was. I'd really assumed everything new would just show up in English regardless of the selected language. I suppose for that to happen it'd require extra coding, and why bother when it's all in English already by default, right?

I also suppose that they crunched the numbers before making this decision, and they'd not have done if they were going to lose a significant enough number of players.

Scrappy did say they'd look into a solution (at some point) to people not being able to read all the books to their pets, didn't she. Until then, a bit more book stockpiling!

*scoots back to BD*

Still got to clear that pesky fog from the 4th location!

1 hour ago, Duma said:

Did you click on the answer at the murmurs page or did you just went to the location yourself? I clicked on the answer that took me to the location and it worked. I use Firefox except for the cleansing, I need to use Chrome for that or it won't work.

I did click on the location under the murmurs. I tried Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and none of them worked.

2 minutes ago, snowwhite12 said:

I did click on the location under the murmurs. I tried Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge and none of them worked.

You could try to just go here and see if that works for you. If you're still missing a step you won't be able to play the game.

10 hours ago, queen_hatshepset said:

*pouts* So I managed to get to the lock picking game and now it wont even work! I try to get it to stop and it just keeps going. I know I really really suck at this part so I'll just have to try it again later. :(

I swear they changed something with this because it did the same for me. Try clicking the center circle instead of the rings near the pieces.

A few people on the neoboards suggested it and it worked for some of others who said they were having the same issue as you.

3 hours ago, Duma said:

You could try to just go here and see if that works for you. If you're still missing a step you won't be able to play the game.

That's what I had to do. I closed the popup that would have redirected me to the location so I could take a screenshot of it.

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

clicking anywhere EXCEPT the rings worked for me ... 

Where as I don't think it matters where you click, i think it's all down to when, lol.

I find with anything like this - something round that's spinning and you need to click it for whatever reason - that I tend to click in the centre.

Thank you! It eventually worked for me. I am so bad at that lock picking one haha. I think it took me a few tries but I finally finished that wave. Hopefully the next wave will be a littler different :-\ 

On ‎01‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 9:56 PM, hrtbrk said:

Steps seem to be a repeat of before: solve Kaia's murmur (look for similar letters;locations are the same as last time)

Solve the lock puzzle again

Battle new Wraith to get points and earn ingredients to craft potions

Create potions and clear areas

Soup Kitchen
http://www.neopets.com/soupkitchen.phtml
Taelias Concoction II

Mystery Island Kitchen
http://www.neopets.com/island/kitchen.phtml
Taelias Concoction II

Pick Your Own
http://www.neopets.com/medieval/pickyourown_index.phtml
Taelias Concoction III

Apple Bobbing
http://www.neopets.com/halloween/applebobbing.phtml
Taelias Concoction III

That was a glitch which has been fixed. I will be updating our guide to show the real method(s) but for now, continue lining up similar letters. The locations are the same as before (or look for the previous answers in your puzzle)

is the glitch about how many Times you are using the potion before it WORKS? I was doing this plenty of Times, finally it seems to work on each necessary page. 
I hope it got cleared once and that's it. OR should I do it the same way the next day? Becaue I already got it in this white-clear form earlier (speaking of Jellyworld and Omelette), and suddenly again it got Purple-hazed. Now I got rid of it and I hope it's permanent.

Also, if it's permanent effect, could I simply sell the other concotions, e.g. of level 1, to others, or should I for any reason keep them with me? anyone noticed anything about the recurrence of these Purple-haze situations in other locations?

1 hour ago, jagocianka said:

is the glitch about how many Times you are using the potion before it WORKS? I was doing this plenty of Times, finally it seems to work on each necessary page. 
I hope it got cleared once and that's it. OR should I do it the same way the next day? Becaue I already got it in this white-clear form earlier (speaking of Jellyworld and Omelette), and suddenly again it got Purple-hazed. Now I got rid of it and I hope it's permanent.

Also, if it's permanent effect, could I simply sell the other concotions, e.g. of level 1, to others, or should I for any reason keep them with me? anyone noticed anything about the recurrence of these Purple-haze situations in other locations?

No, the glitch was about how to decipher Kaia's Murmurs.

For the potions and clearing the "fog", it seems Chrome (browser) works the best, as Duma mentioned. I use Firefox and was not able to clear the fog at either the Giant Omelette or the Giant Jelly. I would "use" a potion, and it seemed the fog would clear, but the fog would come back. However, looking in my inventory, I'd still have the same amount of potions - meaning the potion never got "used". After I switched to Chrome, the fog cleared and a potion was "used" - one less in my inventory. Same happened with the locations hrtbrk listed above. And I had to switch to Chrome to get them to "clear". Saw posts on the Neoboards of others having the same issue and were using Firefox. Switching to Chrome worked for them, too. For now, it seems one potion per location.

As far as selling or keeping potions, that is up to you. For now, we don't know much about the plot, but we do know there are more of Taelia's Concoctions to make. I'm sure there will be new/more wraiths to fight, too. Whether or not we will have to combine Concoctions to create new ones, is anyone's guess. You could always battle the earlier wraiths, to get the items they drop, if you need to. So far, there are only six locations to clear the "fog" from. The piece of parchment on Taelia's table gives hints to the locations, and what potion to use on those locations.

I knew it is a hint about omelettes or jelies :D, indeed :) thank you for confirmation Scoobert_Doo. Well, I know we can assume more to come, and same for the use of already-made concotions or the ingredients. But how much we need is still unclear....
for me it was the same, so I suppose it was a kind of glitch. It worked later, so they needed to fix it. I didn't use Chrome or some. Just the IE

Yeah, I noticed that too just now. I wonder what happened.  I checked the headquarters and the achievements but nothing new is added yet.