Wraith Claw

Erebos

So last night : Dec 1 around 6pm NST - I was getting a wraith claw every fight

Today : Dec 2 around 11am NST - haven't gotten a wraith claw at all over maybe 40 fights.

Did they change it or is it bugged?  At first I thought it might be because I unequipped the key - but that didn't solve it.

I just got one. I did use the key in the battle.  Just got it again with just my normal weapons.  Do still have the key equipped, but that didn't matter last round, so I doubt it does this round.  While I get either claw or fur each fight, I don't always get both, sometimes one sometimes the other.

5a2304bb3a473_Screenshot2017-12-02at1_49_58PM.png.c8d48b7896bc085984052fb3371fbe77.png

I did my battles maybe 3 hours ago and I've gotten both fur and claws with the key in my sdb. I didn't always show in the reward screen but they sure were at my inventory. I think I did about 10 battles (didn't count them though) and I had 3 furs and 3 claws in my inventory. I battled the new wraith on medium.

Just tested the new weapons (GMC's Thistleberry Pingrenade and the wraith key) to find my strongest attack combo and I've gotten 7 of each of the items. So the items still drop for sure. I don't know if there is a cap or not, never really mined for them. I just battle them a couple times every day. Did so with the first Wraith too and got over 100 Ectoplasm's in my sdb. So more than enough for now. I'm planning to do so with the other Wraith as well. Just to get a few items to make the potion brewing more easy since battling more than the 100% won't do anything anyway to affect your end score.

Remember, you can still have more mistakes than 3 to continue the plot. You just need to do it with very little mistakes to get the achievement prize. If you want the prize you can always open it up again and try to do better.

The moment you unlock it, no matter with how many mistakes, it opens and you can go to the battledome and collect the items.

Did they change the caps on the wraith claws and fur?  Yesterday I saw someone say that there was a cap of 35 of each, and I got about 25 of each playing until I got bored with the battledome, but today it stopped dropping after I got my 15 normal items in the BD.  Not that I mind too much, but I figured I'd see if anyone else knew what this was.

And yes, with the treasure chest, just refresh until you play the game through with 3 or fewer mistakes.

I first battled Koi for my 15 daily items and battled the wraith after that a couple of times. I did get fur and claws from him, didn't count how many though. I just stopped after a while, got bored. My guess is I got about 5 of each. Yesterday I had about 15 of each before I stopped.

3 hours ago, raelilphil said:

Did they change the caps on the wraith claws and fur?  Yesterday I saw someone say that there was a cap of 35 of each, and I got about 25 of each playing until I got bored with the battledome, but today it stopped dropping after I got my 15 normal items in the BD.  Not that I mind too much, but I figured I'd see if anyone else knew what this was.

And yes, with the treasure chest, just refresh until you play the game through with 3 or fewer mistakes.

A cap would explain my problem -- I still haven't received a single claw since post after probably 100 or so battles.

9 hours ago, Erebos said:

A cap would explain my problem -- I still haven't received a single claw since post after probably 100 or so battles.

Well, I had read a daily cap, but maybe your theory is correct. I have also stopped receiving.

Edit: My Meridell group on the Neoboards has confirmed the 35 hard cap for the claws and fur, and a retroactive cap on the ectoplasm.  I suggest hoarding these rather than making and hoarding potions.

Edited by raelilphil
Additional information gained later that was relevant to the topic.

I did not realize that that key thing was a weapon.. Maybe I should equip it. 

As for the hard caps, I only got 3 wraith furs today (didn't play yesterday). And then I hit my item limit and it seems I'm not getting any more items! I had to buy a wraith fur to clear the Mystery Island Kitchen. 

Edit: I hit the general item limit - not the claw or fur limit

Edit again: Immediately after posting this, I got another fur. Back to the grind!