What's your failure today?

Hanso

@Hanso Oops, I just liked your post and thought I should clarify, I meant it as liking the topic idea, not the fact that you failed your quest!

That really sucks, but I hope you'll do another run and hopefully get all the way through!

My failure wasn't today, it was yesterday.  It wasn't huge, but it was public. I post the Faerie crossword puzzle along with Sunshine paradox.  On Sat Dec. 2 I posted it as Sat. Dec. 12th!!  Scoobert Doo thought he went to sleep and woke up 10 days later. ROTFL.  I am a little bit tired at 3am (my time) when I post, so it was a little embarrassing.  lol  It did get a LOT of views.  Not sure if everyone was looking at the actual crossword puzzle, or looking to see what the future held.  lol.  

Mine is the continued failure to do much of anything in the faerie plot. Normally, I love battling and anything involving the faeries. This much battling involves serious amounts of additional training. That means dubloons, codestones, np, and time! I'd hate to admit it, but I give up.

I smacked my head on the freezer handle when I bent over to grab a drink out of the fridge. Needless to say I'm glad no one saw it xD

That crap hurt! ;)

Today, I smacked my head on the dryer door. I think I said every swear word in the book. F-Bombs? Plenty of those.

I made a significant purchase for my Father for X-mas and was sooooo stoked/proud of myself...then remembered that I'd already made a significant purchase for my Father for X-mas. /facepalm

Ah well...perhaps next year I will remember I have a gift in the wings (or perhaps 20 years down the road I'll find said gift still tucked safely away). :P

I just got an avatar score in Meerca Chase and then promptly clicked 'restart' instead of 'send score.' 

:axehead:

Edit as of 12/11: I spun the Wheel of Extravagance and got +5 strength...but forgot to change my active, so it went to the wrong pet. It would've been worth the 100k on my battle pet, but this way it's a total waste of nps -.-

• 2 weeks later...

ON neopets, was following boochi_target's food club guide, and forgot to check one of the boxes. Oops.  That'll probably kill me.  

OFF of neopets, though I should have posted Monday  Was pulling wild grape vines from out of a stand of trees in the back yard.  Was walking backwards pulling a huge clump out, and somehow tripped over a root, spraining the heck out of my ankle.  Owwwieeee.  It wouldn't necessarily be so bad except that next weekend it'll probably still be out of sorts when I have to drive a couple hours and then walk a few blocks for the next Harry Potter at the Orchestra concert.  I have the feeling I'll be overdosing on ice packs that night.

Eep @GillyTook!  I hope your ankle feels better!  Rest it!

My failure for today:  I was baking cookies, and my last batch was about to come out of the oven, so I put some in the freezer for later to make room on my cooling racks.  Then I was trying to rotate my cooling racks so that the space I made was next to where I'd put the hot pan.  So I picked up the half full one, and slid the very very full one across the counter.  Now, my cooling racks aren't normal baking racks, they are stackable shelf things with folding legs that I bought in college because they were cheaper.  So, as I'm sliding the very very full one across the counter, almost have it to where it needs to be, it goes a little too close to the edge of the counter, the leg collapsed, and almost the whole tray of cookies goes on the floor.  Probably about a third of my day's cookies, so about 40....

5 hours ago, Angeló said:

:axehead: i tanked 4 days in a row on FoodClub and when I stopped betting for two days the bets won 18:10 and 56:10 

It's stuff like this that makes me have no regrets about my brain not having interest in Food Club right now!

got close to freaky factory
one plushie left to advance

very likely that i get the avatar in the next level for #300
if i just get this one plushie made
not much time left
started getting really excited

completely goofed up, clicked a slow blob too early
missed the vat completely
game over
waste overflow

you had one job, brain

image.png.e53a75e5b99c0cdea08fb08df431dc0d.png

I'm not sure if this is MY failure but, gee Space faerie, how much neopoints did I find? The big bag in the picture...or the one or two coins clasped in your space-gloved hands? :rolleyes:

:ph34r:Well going to a previous tab I had open and then to where I went after this clear message was sent... about 1,303 neopoints. :santa: Why, thank you Miss Space Faerie. But this doesn't change the fact that Kokariia is training to take you down! :medieval: Still going to happen, but yeah, I'll take those coins okay. :laughingsmiley:

ON Neopets: The Lab Ray took down my lab pet by 2 levels. So far that's my only complaint or failure. Here's hoping to not fail miserably at something important.

OFF Neopets: I've been sick since December 10th. It's legit getting to me, not to mention it's below freezing outside. I would go on a walk, but IT'S SO COLD! I have managed to fall back out of shape and it's not fun. I plan to go to the gym ASAP, but need to find a way to get there and back. I've been having major anxiety with worrying over things I could easily fix, with a little effort... I feel like I'm failing myself, I guess. ^^;;

• 3 weeks later...

My failure that I just realized that one of my questions that I submitted to the editorial has been answered.

I am more ashamed than proud that TnT read and used my question which I submitted when I was in a bad mood. The one thing that burns me most is that the final part should have been more specified like *and won't have any *use* in the future* .

Their answer is vague unless there is a secret message or just wanted to make a laugh.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=811

• 2 weeks later...

I won the lottery today! Along with 101 other people. A whopping 10,875 neopoints. That barely covers five days worth of bets. <_<

(Also, I'm pretty miffed that there are several others winners who purchased more than one winning ticket. That doesn't seem fair.)

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

I won the lottery today! Along with 101 other people. A whopping 10,875 neopoints. That barely covers five days worth of bets. <_<

(Also, I'm pretty miffed that there are several others winners who purchased more than one winning ticket. That doesn't seem fair.)

did you get the avatar or do they give it to one person only ?

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

did you get the avatar or do they give it to one person only ?

Unfortunately the avatar only goes to the first winner on the list, which wasn't me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Accidentally put a Lutari Uni Stamp in my album not realising its value :crying_anim: Second time I've messed up with stamps recently - accidentally discarded a Grimtooth Stamp I got from an RE a couple of months ago as the trade had ended and I didn't realise (trying to get the rubbish av), kicked myself for that for a while :/ aha

Lost 4 levels at deadly dice :( Trying to get my pet to 50 so it kinda sucks...

EDIT: JUST missed a freakin' recovered jetsam collectable charm at the money tree. That's worth several hundred thousand NP's.....