What's your failure today?

Hanso

For the second day running Bart's inflicted my pet with Blurred Vision :axehead:

Thankfully the Healing Springs has cured him right away both times, phew!

36 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

For the second day running Bart's inflicted my pet with Blurred Vision :axehead:

Thankfully the Healing Springs has cured him right away both times, phew!

That is why I always switch to a pet I don't use in the Battle Dome before doing Apple Bobbing. :D

12 minutes ago, sunny098 said:

That is why I always switch to a pet I don't use in the Battle Dome before doing Apple Bobbing. :D

I've never got the brain power to think of that, lol.

I DO try some no doubt pointless methods to try and minimise loses; like I make sure I've only got items I don't mind losing on hand. I tend to use a bit of obsidian for that. See my hope there is if there's an item to fall out of your pocket into the water, maybe that result will happen rather than NP being taken.

I don't imagine for one second that it actually works like that, but you never know . . . :ph34r:

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've never got the brain power to think of that, lol.

I DO try some no doubt pointless methods to try and minimise loses; like I make sure I've only got items I don't mind losing on hand. I tend to use a bit of obsidian for that. See my hope there is if there's an item to fall out of your pocket into the water, maybe that result will happen rather than NP being taken.

I don't imagine for one second that it actually works like that, but you never know . . . :ph34r:

For dailies, I always switch my active pet to one I don't use and then get Qasalan Expellibox, Apple Bobbing, and Deserted Tomb. Then I switch back. Works. :)

Tangential to the game itself...I went to message my best friend about getting an avatar and accidentally messaged the person whose conversation I already had open. Thankfully it was mostly jargon (" ... and she changes colour to Pink!! heck ya pink av time!!") but still!! woops

16 hours ago, sunny098 said:

For dailies, I always switch my active pet to one I don't use and then get Qasalan Expellibox, Apple Bobbing, and Deserted Tomb. Then I switch back. Works. :)

I think I have to start trying to train my brain to do this . . .

i took the Wheels Boon so I can have 2 Wheel of Knowledge spins per day (I really want that avatar)

First Spin : King Hagan Wisdom

Second Spin : Free Spin

Third Spin : Free Spin

Fourth Spin : Mummy Intruder Window 

:angry:

Got a honey blossom from wheel of monotony but when I saw it in my inventory I just assumed it was some junk so I discarded it. But it's worth around 10k NP. Stupid me being too lazy to check the price...

5 hours ago, neo_girl_300993 said:

Got a honey blossom from wheel of monotony but when I saw it in my inventory I just assumed it was some junk so I discarded it. But it's worth around 10k NP. Stupid me being too lazy to check the price...

Ah but you know NOW, so when you get another one . . . :D

They're an r.90+ item (hence their value) so a good thing to tuck away for Charity Corner. AND, because they're an r.90+ (r.99 actually) they're also Gourmet Food so yep, remember to hang onto any others that the WoM gives you.

Incidentally the 3570.gif  Evil Blancmange you can win from that too ticks the same boxes.

Oh and it's not a total loss if you don't have the Rubbish avatar yet, it's taken you 1/5000 steps closer towards it!

EDIT: :evil2:

I've just been reminded why I stopped spinning the WoM!!!

E6CEIUq.png

Nothing QUITE like being given this avatar . . . over and over and OVER again :grrr:

Not necessarily a failure I can control, but recently I got a score of 750 from King Skarl. It's really annoying because i think 751 is the cutoff for the avatar—i.e., I missed the avatar score by one point. I don't know when I'll be able to get it again, either; it seems like Skarl really hates me. :s I've gotten the score needed for Moody at least twice, haha. All I want is the Blumaroo Court Jester avatar! It's one of my favorites. :(

missed out on both Silver and Bronze Trophies in Petpet Battles by ONE WIN 

it'd have gotten me Silver .. still with my score i hoped to place in the top 17 but i placed 18th thus losing even the Bronze trophy 

:(

I had a bank error in my favour whilst playing Sakhmet Solitaire, gained 912np.

So what's the failure here? I hear you say!

2 moves later . . .

A ghost grins evilly and steals 857 NP from you...

:mellow:

On 2/10/2018 at 1:08 AM, lojoco49 said:

My failure today is just having missed a Magical Pea Chia Pop on the Money Tree.

I guess not quite as bad as the failure of the person who donated it in the first place because they must not have known it's value! :blink:

OMG, Me. I had a Magical Apple Chia Pop in my SDB for some reason and was half debating donating versus selling stuff since I got the SDB avatar. I chose to sell everything and THANK GOODNESS because I didn't realize the value of some items I had. The first realization was when I price checked the stuff and found out that the Magical Chia Pop wasn't just an average pop, nor could it be sold in my shop. PHEW. Lesson learned :whaa:

2 minutes ago, BlushedRose said:

OMG, Me. I had a Magical Apple Chia Pop in my SDB for some reason and was half debating donating versus selling stuff since I got the SDB avatar. I chose to sell everything and THANK GOODNESS because I didn't realize the value of some items I had. The first realization was when I price checked the stuff and found out that the Magical Chia Pop wasn't just an average pop, nor could it be sold in my shop. PHEW. Lesson learned :whaa:

Yep, it really pays to check EVERYTHING! Especially if it has 'magical' in the name.

Angelo, I tanked too..... Went with garets bets.

AND, I just missed the gadgatsbogen avatar. By like 10 minutes. Totally forgot about it and logged on for count von roo and then remembered. Well, there's next year...

Today, I realized I failed as a gf so my bf left me :(

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts on topic. This thread is about Neopets failures.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our rules.

While you were admiring the Shimmery Seagrass, a Jawshell ate your Rainbow JubJub Morphing Potion! Oh bother.

“lol”

I mean, sure, I guess I shouldn't have kept it in my inventory, but I was going to put it in my shop later, I had just canceled the trade, and I had like ten more items in my inventory that were junk and it just had to take this one. x___x

On 3/9/2018 at 4:42 PM, altargoblin said:

While you were admiring the Shimmery Seagrass, a Jawshell ate your Rainbow JubJub Morphing Potion! Oh bother.

“lol”

I mean, sure, I guess I shouldn't have kept it in my inventory, but I was going to put it in my shop later, I had just canceled the trade, and I had like ten more items in my inventory that were junk and it just had to take this one. x___x

I'm sure the algorithms do favor that. I always put my stuff into my shop (anything worth NP that is) even if I don't price it immediately (I only do it a few times a day).

As for me today, I just opened a Discovered Treasure Chest I got at Forgotten Shore to find Pirate Potato Crisps. :sad02: There goes 6K in NP. lol

Oh what did I do to deserve this...

5aa75bf6d62da_ScreenShot2018-03-12at10_02_25PM.png.d52f650eed7fd4c0028ac70035e04634.png