What's your failure today?

Hanso

The Magic Face on Sutek's done its epic troll number on me once again . . .

Get it right down to within one block of the bottom on the board and TIME'S UP

:arrowhead:

• 2 weeks later...

I spent 5 days throwing pillows at Kaia/Darkest Faerie. Finally got her to 37 hit points. Figured my 218 points should be able to beat her without throwing pillows again... Ha! I used Sword of Malum, the Winged Palm  and an icicle. She destroyed my 218 HP and remained with 9, thus defeating me. So now I have to start all over again :sad:

On this episode of altargoblin vs. Neopets' RNG:

The Grundo Leader attacks!!! He steals Zafara Double Agent Plushie.

So, uh, I guess I forgot to box this? I already bought another one, but yikes, not a fun way to start a morning.
Like, I know I should have boxed it, but I was going to bump my lending board in about five minutes (and got sidetracked, so I don't know how long it would have been, actually…), so I thought it'd be fine to have it out for a bit without having to worry about it getting stolen. :x

Lesson learned, though: box everything immediately if it's not junk.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, acmerasta said:

I spent 5 days throwing pillows at Kaia/Darkest Faerie. Finally got her to 37 hit points. Figured my 218 points should be able to beat her without throwing pillows again... Ha! I used Sword of Malum, the Winged Palm  and an icicle. She destroyed my 218 HP and remained with 9, thus defeating me. So now I have to start all over again :sad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am sooooo sorry that happened.  You can't do that though. LOL. I guess that's a moot point now though.  Lots of people are tempted to do that, (case in point) but she can take out LOTS of HPs in one shot. MAYBE, and that's a BIG MAYBE, if you had shade or positive thinking, instead of your icicle and the blazing embers instead of the winged palm blade, it could have been POSSIBLE for you to SQUEAK out of the battle, but not worth it.  Good luck in your next attempt.  This time, see it all the way through. :angel:

My failure was, not listening to my own advice.  I do multiple dailies at a time.  I spun the wheel of mediocrity while fighting Kaia and fireballs rained down on my pet.  I lost some HPs but luckily I was still able to fight.  I can also freeze her for 3 rounds so it wasn't an issue, I am just glad I didn't lose ALL of my HPs. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been hesitating to bet on Food Club lately due to recent tanks (4 days ago a 3-arena bet tanked) and single positives , however , Garet's results for the last 3 days were

52:10 , 32:10 , 32:10 

I am literally furious ...

• 1 month later...

So, I REALLY want the new Rainbow Smoothie and finally saw it in the Smoothie Store. I quickly went to buy, happy to pay the 4676 asked for but in my haste I put in 46760 without realising until the next page where I got the message "I don't think you want to pay that much". Of course not lol! So tried again with the 4676 and got the message "I won't accept anything less than 46770 !?!? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, needless to say I missed out because someone had already snaffled it by the time I was able to reset ?:crying_anim:?

6 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

So, I REALLY want the new Rainbow Smoothie and finally saw it in the Smoothie Store. I quickly went to buy, happy to pay the 4676 asked for but in my haste I put in 46760 without realising until the next page where I got the message "I don't think you want to pay that much". Of course not lol! So tried again with the 4676 and got the message "I won't accept anything less than 46770 !?!? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, needless to say I missed out because someone had already snaffled it by the time I was able to reset ?:crying_anim:?

I really wish I could give this both the laughing AND the crying "like"! I'm impressed that the shops are coded to not rob you blind though, that's a very cool thing to learn. I guess the question here is, how would you have reacted if the store keeper had snatched your hand off when you offered them a 5 figure sum for their smoothie. I'd have been feeling pretty salty right now if I'd just paid nearly 50k for a drink, not even your swankiest coffee shop's managed to hit those dizzy heights (yet!).

Considering the store keeper refused the 46760, I kind of suspect that if you'd actually offered the 46770 they demanded you'd have got the message about it being too much again, though I'm not intending to try it out to verify, lol.  I figure it's coded to not over-charge but it doesn't go any further than that, so it carried on as normal when you tried again with the 4676, so because you offered 46760, and then 4676 it treated it like if you'd offered 467 for something priced at 4676, which is why the come back was an increase in price. I've noticed the store keepers do that if you get cheeky with 'em!

Basically, you just confused the heck out of the store's coding, congrats!  lol.gif

Hopefully the Rainbow Smoothie shows up again soon though so you can stop stalking the Smoothie Store. :heart:

10 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I really wish I could give this both the laughing AND the crying "like"! I'm impressed that the shops are coded to not rob you blind though, that's a very cool thing to learn. I guess the question here is, how would you have reacted if the store keeper had snatched your hand off when you offered them a 5 figure sum for their smoothie. I'd have been feeling pretty salty right now if I'd just paid nearly 50k for a drink, not even your swankiest coffee shop's managed to hit those dizzy heights (yet!).

Considering the store keeper refused the 46760, I kind of suspect that if you'd actually offered the 46770 they demanded you'd have got the message about it being too much again, though I'm not intending to try it out to verify, lol.  I figure it's coded to not over-charge but it doesn't go any further than that, so it carried on as normal when you tried again with the 4676, so because you offered 46760, and then 4676 it treated it like if you'd offered 467 for something priced at 4676, which is why the come back was an increase in price. I've noticed the store keepers do that if you get cheeky with 'em!

Basically, you just confused the heck out of the store's coding, congrats!  lol.gif

Hopefully the Rainbow Smoothie shows up again soon though so you can stop stalking the Smoothie Store. :heart:

Haha yeah I know. I actually wouldn't have minded TOO much if they'd taken the 46760 since the cheapest in shops when I last looked was 300K, but true, it would've stung just a teeny bit lol.

12 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Haha yeah I know. I actually wouldn't have minded TOO much if they'd taken the 46760 since the cheapest in shops when I last looked was 300K, but true, it would've stung just a teeny bit lol.

Yeah I saw the Shop Wiz prices!! ? Someone selling three of them and I was all "I bet you swiped the one lojo was trying to buy, didn't you!!"