How did my pet lose 2 levels??

birdgofly

Hello all!

I recently started fighting in the battledome for the first time in my neopets history. I took my character with the highest stats and started leveling her up, then I found out about the strategy of leveling the other stats to 2 (or 3) x the overall level of the pet to keep training costs down. But my pet had stupid high agility (57) to begin with for some reason, so I had to train her to level 29 before I could start training her endurance (my real goal). So I got her to level 29 a couple of days ago, and have been leveling her endurance. I completed an endurance course for her just a little bit ago, went to train it again, only to be told that my pet could not train anything else until it's level was half that of it's highest skill or whatever. Low and behold, my pet's overall level is back down to 27! What the crap?? I googled stuff and I haven't used a lab ray, and I haven't played any dice-a-roo. I've only battled wraiths, and I don't remember any random events lowering my pet's level. Does anyone know what the heck could have happened?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, birdgofly said:

I don't remember any random events lowering my pet's level

The thing is, it was most likely a random event that you missed. It happens a lot, actually: you're playing Neopets as usual and then, all of a sudden, you find yourself with a new item in your inventory, or less neopoints, or a pet with decreased stats, all due to a random event that for some reason or other you couldn't catch a glimpse of. Maybe you were refreshing pages too fast or maybe you scrolled down too quickly before the page finished loading.

Judging by your post, you might've gotten this RE:

PET NAME loses X STAT and says: It's been so long since I trained I feel a bit slow/weak. Can I do some STAT training?

Effect: Your active pet loses between 1 and 2 maximum STAT points (Health, Level, Strength, Defence or Movement).

Yeah, it's a bummer :(

28 minutes ago, Hanso said:

The thing is, it was most likely a random event that you missed. It happens a lot, actually: you're playing Neopets as usual and then, all of a sudden, you find yourself with a new item in your inventory, or less neopoints, or a pet with decreased stats, all due to a random event that for some reason or other you couldn't catch a glimpse of. Maybe you were refreshing pages too fast or maybe you scrolled down too quickly before the page finished loading.

Judging by your post, you might've gotten this RE:

Yeah, it's a bummer :(

Oh no! I've been training her non-stop!! I suppose the random event doesn't care, huh?

Well, here's too hoping I get an RE in the opposite direction!

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for what happened to you, birdgofly. But it could have been worse. Several years ago my Kougra J88KK was randomly turned Invisible. I've gotten used to it (it allows me to see backgrounds better). I'm just glad it started out as Yellow and that I had never bought an expensive paint brush or something to make it my dream color. (I believe random invisibility has been taken away now.)

Random events can be "good", "bad", or "pointless" (neutral with no gain or loss). You will see "Something has happened!" and then the description.

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=random_events

@birdgofly, do you do the coincidence?  It gives a random event that can take stats away, or give them to you, or give expensive items or nothing at all.

@lakecat, yes, I believe color changing REs were disabled.  Boochi always misses now.  I don't think your pet can turn blue with sadness anymore...

There are some other things that can take and give away stats, but it was probably just random in your case.  And no, the random events do not care if the text is accurate.  I had one of the ones hanso mentioned recently WHILE I was training that stat.