What is going on with the wraiths!!

jellysundae

eM8eBAl.png

Judging by the animation it doesn't look like it's a wraith over-lay that's just not loading either, kind of looks like it's meant to be turning back into a pet.

Going by the dialogue we've seen, this is hopefully plot progress. :D

Yes :D

Now I might fight the snapjaw fella to see which pet he is! I wonder if it will be something like a krawk or a draik, just because of the name. Let's see!

Edit:

Lol, it's a Jetsam. As I wrote the first part of this a part of my brain was jumping up and down yelling Jetsam at me, but my fingers clearly weren't listening xD

The animation for this one is better, the wraith dissolves in a nice POOF! of purple smoke.

Woah, that's really cool! I don't know if this has just been updated in the last couple of hours (after I already did my daily battles) or if I just totally missed it (I almost always click the 'fast forward' button to skip the animation and get my prizes), but I didn't notice this at all today. It's nice to know that battling accomplishes something (even if it's nothing tangible after the 100% bar...). 

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yes :D

Now I might fight the snapjaw fella to see which pet he is! I wonder if it will be something like a krawk or a draik, just because of the name. Let's see!

Edit:

Lol, it's a Jetsam. As I wrote the first part of this a part of my brain was jumping up and down yelling Jetsam at me, but my fingers clearly weren't listening xD

The animation for this one is better, the wraith dissolves in a nice POOF! of purple smoke.

See, no matter how much you yell at your brain, you definitely still have some imagination.  I did not even think of his name having something to do with the type of pet he would be.  Thinking he would be a Krawk or Draik is Superb thinking on your part.  See, you still have SOME brain cells left. :happydance: lol

9 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

See, no matter how much you yell at your brain, you definitely still have some imagination.  I did not even think of his name having something to do with the type of pet he would be.  Thinking he would be a Krawk or Draik is Superb thinking on your part.  See, you still have SOME brain cells left. :happydance: lol

Aw, thank you my friend :heart: It's true that my essential jellyness is still there, it's just buried deep beneath a mountain of MS-induced derp these days. But it does manage to fight its way out sometimes. :D

It was the roundness of the Meerca and the deathball name that made me wonder if the wraith names were a clue to species, it's going to be fun to try and guess what any new wraith's species are before they're revealed. :D I wonder if we'll get to do that . . . we'll find out soon enough!

:whistle: I thought I was very behind on the Wraith War, so when I fought both the Deathball Wraith & Snapjaw Wraith (for potion material after finishing my 10 battles) I was totally :whaa: surprised by their transformations 

portrait_672.png Deathball Wraith ------> 4.png

portrait_668.png Snapjaw Wraith ------->        4.png

But I've reached my limit on np & items today already. kyrii_grey_action.gif Oh well, tomorrow is another day. :medieval:   wocky_present_shaking.gif There is still plenty of gifting to do! :wink: :snitch:

2 hours ago, kayahtik said:

What is going on with the wraiths 2.0???

image.png.2348f0907d7020dbcf3063d9e1fcafd3.png

Where are the rest of my opponents ):

Edit: They're back now. That was weird. 

Actually, this is what I was *expecting* to happen with the war.  I think in the past when there's been a war, all other battles stop, and you can only battle the war opponent.

Hmm...I wonder if it's one of those glitches where they accidentally implement something early? I checked the boards though and it didn't seem to be happening to anyone else, so maybe it was just a problem on my end, idk.

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Hmm...I wonder if it's one of those glitches where they accidentally implement something early? I checked the boards though and it didn't seem to be happening to anyone else, so maybe it was just a problem on my end, idk.

That happened to me yesterday evening, so I guess it's just more JS bork, lol.

6 hours ago, okkusu said:

Does anyone else think the Corrosive Spear Wand is too powerful as a prize for an early plot step? Could say the same about the recently awarded Thistleberry Pingrenade…

It's not as powerful as it was before they nerfed it. I suppose I just thought of the weapons as decent prizes rather than pointless rubbish. I didn't consider them being too much for a plot's first prizes.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's not as powerful as it was before they nerfed it. I suppose I just thought of the weapons as decent prizes rather than pointless rubbish. I didn't consider them being too much for a plot's first prizes.

True, that does put a positive spin on it! It felt weird replacing my old Honey Potion and Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smithing with items I didn't really have to do anything to get though. I guess it was time!

13 hours ago, okkusu said:

True, that does put a positive spin on it! It felt weird replacing my old Honey Potion and Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smithing with items I didn't really have to do anything to get though. I guess it was time!

I can be quite good at putting positive spins on things :D

Lol . . . I shall now contradict that entirely! I was just going to say that I wonder what the thought process behind giving us a powerful weapon as an early prize was, then I remembered that JS haven't exactly gained a name for themselves for making sensible well-thought-out decisions about things like this, have they.  :rolleyes:

Maybe they don't care about that or maybe they just want to make up for all the things that didn't went exactly according to plan and just wanted to give us something nice. Maybe they even want to give newbie battledomers a chance to play along. Once they like something (more) to the site, it's less likely they will walk away and more likely that they will spend real money :wink:

We can just be happy that we got such a nice weapon! At least I am.

5 minutes ago, Duma said:

We can just be happy that we got such a nice weapon! At least I am.

This is certainly the case for me, too. :D

I've learnt that it's a pretty futile use of my time trying to second guess JS's motives, so I'm not going to waste precious brain cells on that any more. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Duma said:

Maybe they even want to give newbie battledomers a chance to play along.

I'm fully in support of these weapons for this reason. I'm not much of a battler, and I've only invested ~300k in my set. But I've gotten a couple of pretty useful weapons through site events, which makes it possible for me to participate in this plot. The good prizes encourage people to participate in events that are going on, and then make it possible for players to continue participating in other events that come up later, if that makes sense.