NeoQuest

okkusu

Neoquest II guru here.  Did you have a question you needed answered? I gave up on Neoquest, but I play Neoquest II over and over again.  I have gotten through every mode already and normal and evil a few times, as you can only play InSaNe once.

I'm playing NQII on Insane right now. I'm still in Meridell, but it's going pretty well so far ^^

I didn't know you could only play once on Insane! o: I wonder what the reasoning is behind that?

Just finished up a game of neoquest II a few days ago. There is a pretty helpful neoquest II game guide on jellyneo that has all of the maps laid out. Also, if you need a call back to the basics The Daily Neopets has a helpful guide called "Neoquest: A Beginners Guide" that has information on basic things like how to play and what the stats do.

54 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I'm playing NQII on Insane right now. I'm still in Meridell, but it's going pretty well so far ^^

I didn't know you could only play once on Insane! o: I wonder what the reasoning is behind that?

I think when you finish the game, you get a prize, don't you?  I think the insane prize pool includes some very good stuff, so I guess they don't want people playing repeatedly.

I'm closing in on Faerieland on NQII, hopefully I make it through ok. I'm not very good because I don't really understand how to make good use of the potions, so I'm playing at a disadvantage I suppose.

31 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I think when you finish the game, you get a prize, don't you?  I think the insane prize pool includes some very good stuff, so I guess they don't want people playing repeatedly.

Yeah, that makes sense, but I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to play again without a prize. Some people do it for the enjoyment/challenge. 

7 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I don't really understand how to make good use of the potions, so I'm playing at a disadvantage I suppose.

Personally I don't use the damage/haste/slowing potions at all. The damage and slowing work at such low frequencies that it seems like a total waste of a turn (and of the gold you spent on them). And I don't see why I should spend gold on haste potions that only work on one character when I could have Mipsy hasten my whole party for free. So never fear, it's entirely possible to play your game without them. Instead spend your gold on better armor/weapons, make sure you're stocked up on healing potions, and keep a few resurrection potions on hand in case things really go south. 

44 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Personally I don't use the damage/haste/slowing potions at all. The damage and slowing work at such low frequencies that it seems like a total waste of a turn (and of the gold you spent on them). And I don't see why I should spend gold on haste potions that only work on one character when I could have Mipsy hasten my whole party for free. So never fear, it's entirely possible to play your game without them. Instead spend your gold on better armor/weapons, make sure you're stocked up on healing potions, and keep a few resurrection potions on hand in case things really go south. 

The waste of a turn really grinds my gears! I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, lol, and I'm REALLY glad to hear that I should be able to make it through without potion skills!

I guess the gold cost doesn't bother me, because you end up with  SO much of the stuff I don't see how you can ever use it all, these guys must have some seriously strong pocket-linings. :laugh: I have a little stash of potions -

16 Faerie's Gift Potion (heal 150)
20 Constitution Potion (heal 140)
20 Stamina Potion (heal 130)
20 Vitality Potion (heal 120)
20 Potion of Abundant Health (heal 110)
19 Potion of Greater Health (heal 100)
20 Potion of Potent Health (heal 90)
19 Potion of Growth (heal 80)
18 Corrode Potion (dmg 140)
8 Rot Potion (dmg 125)
16 Blister Potion (dmg 110)
17 Scorch Potion (dmg 95)
18 Chill Potion (dmg 80)
19 Frost Potion (dmg 65)
9 Kougra Sprint Potion (haste 50%)
19 Potion of Alarming Haste (haste 45%)
9 Potion of Great Haste (haste 40%)
19 Dispatch Potion (haste 35%)
20 Potion of Inert Inaction (slow 40%)

You can see I don't use them much, lol, close to max amounts of nearly all of them. I have been selling the weaker ones back once I meet a trader who has more powerful ones. You can see I wised up about the hasting/slowing ones a while back and didn't buy any more of those, but I suppose I like the security blanket feeling I get from having them there. xD

Yeah, I think I used to keep a few of the strongest slowing potions on hand, and used them on bosses if I remembered and felt I needed to.  Not worth it for lower battles though, only if there are enough turns where the slowing compensates for the lost turn.

9 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Neoquest II guru here.  Did you have a question you needed answered? I gave up on Neoquest, but I play Neoquest II over and over again.  I have gotten through every mode already and normal and evil a few times, as you can only play InSaNe once.

Nice. I've enjoyed it in the past but it gets left behind when take breaks from the site as you can see from my stats, haha…

You are currently playing on InSaNe! difficulty.

Your Normal difficulty best time: 708 days, 8 hours, 11 minutes, 49 seconds.
Your Evil difficulty best time: 2994 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes, 15 seconds.

Just want to make sure I make it through Insane in one go! Anything you did particularly differently near the end in terms of strategy or skills? I'm using the JellyNeo maps and this old guide for skills:

http://www.oocities.org/neoquest_2/skills.html

4 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Yeah, I think I used to keep a few of the strongest slowing potions on hand, and used them on bosses if I remembered and felt I needed to.  Not worth it for lower battles though, only if there are enough turns where the slowing compensates for the lost turn.

Same here. Once you get Velm, potions aren't really necessary outside of boss fights. Always best to keep a couple of resurrection and high level slowing potions on you though.

I just died on Insane mode :sad:

I was about to fight Ramtor for the second time, but the random enemies in that tower were too fast and ganged up on me. It could've been a lot worse though. Hopefully I'll do better next time. 

14 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Ugh, yes, I hate it when they heal themselves x.x It makes it feel like you aren't making any progress at all. I hope you beat him! Slow and steady wins the race ^^

I got there is the end, yep :D

So do bosses get to use their heal options every time it's their move then? (just like BD opponents get to use things multiple times per battle that are just single use for us <_<)

Nox healed himself on his move, just Rohane and Talinia got a shot at him before it was his turn again, so there was me thinking, "he'll not be able to heal again this soon"

. . . WRONG.

GRRR!!

:laugh:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

So do bosses get to use their heal options every time it's their move then? (just like BD opponents get to use things multiple times per battle that are just single use for us <_<)

Hmm I'm actually not sure. I think it depends on the ability. Velm can heal himself/the party every turn if he wants to, so I would assume the boss could too. But there are other abilities, like Talinia's multi-arrow attack, that can only be used once every X amount of turns (depending on how many skill points you've put into it). I'm not sure if the bosses have those same limitations on certain abilities or not. 

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Hmm I'm actually not sure. I think it depends on the ability. Velm can heal himself/the party every turn if he wants to, so I would assume the boss could too. But there are other abilities, like Talinia's multi-arrow attack, that can only be used once every X amount of turns (depending on how many skill points you've put into it). I'm not sure if the bosses have those same limitations on certain abilities or not. 

Oh, of course, yes. I was thinking just of Talinia, and forgetting Velm, lol.

On 12/18/2017 at 2:02 PM, kayahtik said:

I just died on Insane mode :sad:

I was about to fight Ramtor for the second time, but the random enemies in that tower were too fast and ganged up on me. It could've been a lot worse though. Hopefully I'll do better next time. 

Rough. Better luck next time. I've spent too long on my current play-through and am definitely taking the slow and steady approach, just about to reach level 39 and fight The Revenant.

Any opinions on which is the better out of these two weapons?

rampaging greatsword
- Stunning Strikes: +3
- Battle Taunt: +3
- Critical Attacks: -2
  Sword
(dmg 53)
Equip Rohane
thundering longsword
- Stunning Strikes: +2
- Combat Focus: +2
  Sword
(dmg 45)
Equipped by Rohane
Unequip

I prefer Critical Attacks to Stunning Strikes, but am wondering what difference 8 damage makes…

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add new/additional comments if your is the most recent.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely go with rampaging greatsword. +8 dmg on every attack will be much more useful to you than critical attacks, which only happens randomly. And even with -2, you'll still get critical attacks, they just won't be quite as powerful. 

10 hours ago, deboratibi said:

And I'm going to put this here:

cuca.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89 I am truly sick of y'all at this point SARASWATI 0:29 Ili

For context: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cuca-the-alligator

You're welcome

Pandlr GIF

Ok, you've 100% got me beat there, that totally trumps him looking like Malfoy!

lol.gif

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ok, you've 100% got me beat there, that totally trumps him looking like Malfoy!

lol.gif

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to introduce this Brazilian cultural treasure lol.gif

I've been dying to do so ever since I started playing NQII again, lol

11 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to introduce this Brazilian cultural treasure lol.gif

I've been dying to do so ever since I started playing NQII again, lol

I've very happy to be of service! Cuca looks like a total sassbox and I love her. xD

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the fastest wins that I was wondering if someone could answer for me. How exactly does the timing system in NQI and NQII work? Does it count your game time from the moment you start questing until you finish regardless of actual RL play time? Is it counting hours you spend on the Neopets site whether you're playing NQ or not? Or is it just counting the time the NQ game window is actually open? I was just curious because I have a habit of playing multiple games when I get bored, like having a solitaire game going in one tab while I'm waiting to feed kads in another - that kind of thing. I'm wondering if something like that will affect my game time in a NQ game? Not that it matters much because I think those fastest win scores have been there forever. LOL. Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this for me!