NeoQuest

okkusu

Congrats on beating NQ1 on EVIL @kayahtik! I still have to do that... I haven't played NQ1 in YEARS. I liked the idea of music for the battles, but that COULD be an issue, slow things down perhaps? Just wondering why no music in NQ2. ?

Personally, I WOULD LOVE to see an NQ3. When NQ2 was still relatively new, and I had beaten it on Normal, then went into EVIL Difficulty. I started thinking up how much fun it would be if only I could contribute some ideas for an NQ3. I'm sure I've forgotten some of it, but I had a great (imho) way to pitch a new character and how they meet up with a/the character(s) from NQ2. I mean I CAN'T be the only one who has beaten NQ2 and wanted to know more about that mysterious storyline they show at the end!

I've never done game map design before, like pro, just tinkered with designing some on paper.. I did design a few levels for a game idea I had once, just sketched out with item and enemy placements, for fun a number of years go. ? It was also not the same type of game idea as NQ has been.
But I certainly wouldn't mind roughing out some maps or something if TNT thought my idea(s) had potential. UNfortunately, I'm sure they COULDN'T accept my idea(s).  Not officially, because I don't work for 'em. And last I checked they require you to be able to physically get to their HQ to work for them. So unless there's a random contest for it looking for new game ideas, not likely, my ideas for NQ3 shall remain locked in my skull. :P

13 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I know you've completed NQ once before, so you have to have met Jahbal! The most memorable thing about him is that he's unnecessarily large, so I had to keep scrolling down to attack on every turn -.-

Have you made any progress in either of your games recently? 

Yup, I definitely completed it. Jahbal's ego may have taken a severe hit at me not remembering him at. all. ?

Wow, even checking him out in the Book of Ages doesn't trigger any recollection. Sorry mate, but you're just completely unmemorable. ?

@Aquamentis12 I'm convinced that if NQIII happened it would be a mobile only game. ?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yup, I definitely completed it. Jahbal's ego may have taken a severe hit at me not remembering him at. all. ?

Wow, even checking him out in the Book of Ages doesn't trigger any recollection. Sorry mate, but you're just completely unmemorable. ?

@Aquamentis12 I'm convinced that if NQIII happened it would be a mobile only game. ?

What makes you think that?
I certainly hope not. I might have to get a "smart phone" then to play! Not really something I want to shell out hundreds of dollars for, even if it were the platform of choice for an NQ3. ?
Someday, I might have to write, or rather, type up my ideas for an NQ3. Just so I don't forget them with the passage of time. lol ?

But yeah, first chapter could either deal with Rohane and his crew exploring a planet, or Chapter 1 could take place planetside before Rohane and his crew arrive. My original idea is the latter. Though it could be changed easily enough I guess to the former so that NQ-devotees could start off with some familiar faces. Although, the way Chapter one would start out in my head would be SIMILAR to the beginning of NQ2. Just a different storyline and plot stuff.

I only have an outline really. No sense in creating specific characters or naming them unless they were actually going to be used. lol Most of the ideas are involving Chapter 1. I have environmental ideas, main character(for chapter 1 anyway) figured out, and the goal that will allow the character to complete Chapter 1.

TTFN Ta-ta for now! XD

28 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

What makes you think that?

I'm being negative, I suppose, I'm glad that you at least clearly don't think that.

There's SO many characters already it'd be a waste of resources to create new ones, I'd have thought. Considering the epic scale of NQII, and all the Neo-lore involved, I'd have pretty much zero faith in today's TNT being able to come up with something good, they just don't have the Neo-knowledge, or the creativity. ?

9 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I liked the idea of music for the battles

I just barely realized NQI has music AFTER I finished playing yesterday! I can't believe I've played through it twice already without ever listening to the music! *facepalm*

I would love to see a NQIII of some sort. I'm going to be really disappointed when I finish both of the current ones on Insane and then have nothing left to do. I know I could play them again, but it's a really big time commitment, and I don't know if I could justify it when I wouldn't even be getting a trophy upgrade. But TNT seem to be taking a lot more feedback/ideas from users these days, so you never know! Your time may come!

I'm convinced that if NQIII happened it would be a mobile only game.

I certainly hope not! Although the direction TNT is going recently makes me think it's not such an outlandish idea... The irony is that NQ is actually one of the few things you CAN do on mobile on the site, because it's not flash-based. 

8 minutes ago, Kute said:

Oh NQ1 !! I still havent even looked at that.  Hmmmmm.   Are they similar games 1 & 2?? 

The gameplay itself is similar -- it's a turn-based RPG, and you navigate around the map and fight enemies one click at a time. However, NQI is a much smaller world and a much simpler story. There's only one main character (called by your pet's name, even though it's always a White Lupe), you only ever fight one enemy at a time, and instead of buying potions/weapons/armor you have to wait for enemies to drop them (or drop the components you need to make them). Those are the biggest differences to me. 

I played NQII first, and then when I played NQI after that, I thought NQI was incredibly boring and tedious in comparison. However, after playing it the second time, I don't think that as much. It's definitely a more basic game, but now that I know what to expect from it, it's a lot easier to manage my expectations. 

Oh okay. I briefly remember NQI then from back in the day! I dont think I actually played it. I just remember the white lupe. Well great! I would like to start that after completing NQII. You've convinced me with simplicity. 

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm wanting to play it on a harder level now, what are you ladies doing to me‼‼ ?

Do it! Do it! Do it!

NQ is such a great game because you can do it at your own pace and take as many breaks as you like. You could at least start a game and see if you get anywhere... ?

13 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Do it! Do it! Do it!

NQ is such a great game because you can do it at your own pace and take as many breaks as you like. You could at least start a game and see if you get anywhere... ?

Can I at least finish NQII first? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

That depends...are you actually going to finish it? You've been in Faerieland for quite some time now... :P

*feels pressured*

:ph34r:

I have been progressing, honest‼ I've just fought the 1st of the 2 Pantdevils.

I'll... go do some more right now... ?

Look look, I AM progressing. :medieval: I MADE myself get to the 2nd one before allowing myself to go to bed. ?

So now... :sleeping:

You won the fight!

p1n4_427cb.gifp2n3_3b2d0.gifp3n3_d5473.gifp4n4_4813c.gif

The Pant Devil chuckles a little, but then shakes violently. Suddenly it explodes, giving off a terribly loud POP noise! It vanishes, leaving a huge pile of gold on the floor.

Rohane cannot gain any more experience!

Mipsy cannot gain any more experience!

Talinia cannot gain any more experience!

Velm cannot gain any more experience!

You found 5,000 gold pieces!

You found half of a silver key!
You found 1 Bow of Destiny!

You gain 1,300 neopoints!

Return to map

That's awesome, @jellysundae, congrats!! You are soooooooooo close to the end!!!

I'm still at the beginning of Lost Desert, so I'm probably going to be fighting Silicast tonight. The guide I follow says he's particularly difficult, so I leveled up one more time just to be safe. Fingers crossed!

On 8/5/2018 at 1:51 AM, kayahtik said:

That's awesome, @jellysundae, congrats!! You are soooooooooo close to the end!!!

I'm still at the beginning of Lost Desert, so I'm probably going to be fighting Silicast tonight. The guide I follow says he's particularly difficult, so I leveled up one more time just to be safe. Fingers crossed!

Thanks ?

I found I was several levels above what's recommended through most of this as I pootled about a bit needlessly in some areas, but I figured it'd be a benefit to me in the long run.

Hopefully you whup that silica behind with no problems. ?

@kayahtik  I'll just being leaving this here. ?

image.png.4f3726171dd04ece54f0d762800e4920.png

Congratulations!

You have beaten NeoQuest® II on Normal difficulty!
You are awarded a NeoQuest® II trophy...

NeoQuest II Trophy

...as well as 10,000 neopoints!

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, Greywindd said:

I'm playing NQ2 right now and am at the beginning of Chapter 3. This site slowdown from Charity Corner is making me want to take a break from it ☠️

For reasons best known to someone other than myself I'm currently playing NQI on Evil; CC's gonna have to annoy me quite a bit before I go back to traisping around in here. ?

R3GXwmG.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got past the faeries. I've been playing the game super underleveled and didn't find any boss challenging until I got there. I lost 3x before I sucked it up and starting leveling up. Got to lvl 47 and breezed though them. Sigh. Hopefully I can breeze through the rest of the game now. Wasted a long long time just pressing left and right arrows

1 hour ago, Greywindd said:

I finally got past the faeries. I've been playing the game super underleveled and didn't find any boss challenging until I got there. I lost 3x before I sucked it up and starting leveling up. Got to lvl 47 and breezed though them. Sigh. Hopefully I can breeze through the rest of the game now. Wasted a long long time just pressing left and right arrows

I feel like the lag takes away from the NQ experience. I remember having a blast when I played NQ2 for the first time years ago, but I can't imagine myself playing it again with this lag.

I'm slowly plugging away at NQI on Evil. It makes me a little nervous because the guide I use - strangefire's - is for normal, she didn't make one for Evil. I'm several levels above what she suggests for particular areas, but I'm still nervous. ?

19 hours ago, Hanso said:

I feel like the lag takes away from the NQ experience. I remember having a blast when I played NQ2 for the first time years ago, but I can't imagine myself playing it again with this lag.

Yeah the lag wasn't fun at all.

I noticed that the characters pics in battle change based on their armor but I didn't know the tiny map Rohane changed too. You know when I noticed this? When I got to Faerie City ?‍♀️

• 3 months later...

I'm currently in the Temple of Roo (seriously taking my time with this, aren't I!) and I'm tripping over Crystal Golems everywhere! Way before the guide says you'll see 'em. Don't mind this one bit!

On my first time around I went back and forth for AGES in that little bit of passage at the end there, before you go into Level 2, because I thought that was the only place they'd be. It took SO long before I found one. angrynegg.gif

temple-of-roo-1.jpg

THEN I found there were Crystal Golems everywhere on the next level and I needn't have done that. ?‍♀️

But this time? First one accosted me not long after I'd come out of the palm trees down at the bottom! They gave me the bit of Living Crystal that I needed too, result!

It's very much luck of the draw with these guys then, isn't it!