Hi! I'm incredibly awkward! :D

trickkey

...Should I have admitted that? Well, actually, I'm more of a goofball. (If you couldn't tell already.)

Anyways, I just joined the forums less than a day ago. I've used the Daily Neopets site for a long time and never noticed the little "TDN Forums" link. I feel silly because of that. Hee!

I go by my nickname: Rissa! I'm 26 and I still adore Neopets. I hope to have a fun time chatting here and making new friends at the same time.

Anywho... I'm very happy to be here and I'm glad to meet you all! I hope I can be friends with you! Feel free to send a Neofriend request if you'd like to. My Neofriends pretty much all quit Neo a long time ago when I was on hiatus. I have 3 active friends, but I'm always up for making new friends! ^-^

Welcome Rissa! You'll fit right in! I won't say we're crazy but a lot of us are goofballs for sure. :upsidedown:

Nothing wrong with that, it's all fun!:dance::happydance:

Anyway, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

Welcome, Rissa!! Yup, we are probably all at least a little off around here ;)

Please don't feel pressured in any way, but I may as well mention there's an awesome guild, The Kindness Project, where there are a lot of active and very friendly Neopians! Look us up if you are interested, or feel free to message me! 

Hi, Rissa! As many have said before, we're all a little off or goofy here. For example, I love to write and I do my best work between midnight and 6am.

On 12/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, Duma said:

Welcome Rissa! You'll fit right in! I won't say we're crazy but a lot of us are goofballs for sure. :upsidedown:

Nothing wrong with that, it's all fun!:dance::happydance:

Anyway, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm pretty sure I'll fit right in, too! Just seeing how much friendliness & warmth and same goofiness from people who have welcomed be so kindly, I can't wait to get to know everyone more! I'm super duper happy to be here. :)

& I'm in Chapter 3 of Fire Emblem Heroes: Shadows of Valentia, so no spoilers for further in the game... But is your username based on Duma from the game? I have to know! Because I LOVE the game to an extent I haven't had with a game in a LONG time. The voice-overs are just so spot on and the plot is so interesting! 

On 12/21/2017 at 5:32 PM, burntpastryies said:

Welcome Rissa! I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. We're the best group of goofballs out there. :)

Thank you! I know I'll enjoy my stay here. The greatest group of goofballs are here! And it's super nice to see how welcoming and sweet people are here. I'm looking forward to making new friends and meeting new fellow Neopians. On here & Neopets! Also, I love pastries. The pastries at Paneras with the sweet cream cheese filling are my favorite. Unless we're talking cheesecake. Cheesecake is the BEST. I think your username is super cute & creative. Do you have a favorite burnt pastry? ;)

23 hours ago, acorah said:

Hi Rissa!

Nice to meet you ... And don`t worry, nobody here is barking mad at all. Honestly  :D

Cheers - Marcus

Haha, Nice to meetcha Marcus! I have a friend very dear to me named Marcus. We go way back. As far as I know, he doesn't play Neopets... But the way you commented on here reminded me of how he uses the same kinds of phrases and has a very intelligent mind and wide range vocabulary. :)

So I look forward to getting to know another Marcus! You seem pretty neat. And no, nobody here is "barking mad". Instead, we're barking GLAD. Ohmygosh that was a terrible pun..
One thing you guys willl learn about me very quickly, is that I am a pun addict. I entered the Caption Contest on Neo, but I can't find my entry or see if I made it in. I had a TON of puns for that picture. I may have overdone it... Heh...

22 hours ago, sezzzzzzy said:

Hey Incredibly Awkward, I'm Sarah!

It makes me feel better knowing that there's a special place on the internet for silly people like us :) Nice to meet you!

Hehe... You're clever, Sarah. And you know the quickest way I'll warm up to people without me even telling you! Puns & Dad Jokes. I love them both so much. I drive my family nuts with puns and plays on words, but it's so great to have someone literally hold their sides from laughing so much after a witty comment is made towards their situations, hobbies, etc. I love making people smile and laugh, and I live to do so. It makes me happy and fulfilled to make someone else's day better. Even with just a pun or giving someone who looks sad or stressed a smile & nod, giving acknowledgment that they matter. :)

My parents almost named me Sarah! I'm adopted, and they were trying to choose between names. My dad loves the name Sarah. I think it's pretty, too. I was going to be named Trevor if I had been born a boy, and Sarah if my mom hadn't made a deal that my dad could name me if I was born a boy. So, she picked the name Larissa. I like both names though.

& I hear ya! Being able to be yourself makes the site here so much more wonderful to be a part of. Nice to meet you too!

21 hours ago, charelan said:

Welcome, Rissa!! Yup, we are probably all at least a little off around here ;)

Please don't feel pressured in any way, but I may as well mention there's an awesome guild, The Kindness Project, where there are a lot of active and very friendly Neopians! Look us up if you are interested, or feel free to message me! 

Thank you very much! I feel so welcome already from everyone who has posted here, I feel so blessed to receive such a warm welcoming. ^^

*LE GASP!*

I'd love to join The Kindness Project! The guild I'm in currently isn't very active and I'm rarely responded to/acknowledged... I'll definitely take a look and join! I love doing Random Acts of Kindness, helping people out with things they need help with, and I'm extremely empathetic and social, so I enjoy helping people. Whether through being a shoulder to lean on, or giving them something they otherwise couldn't get... I'd love to start a Newbie Pack project (and recommend TDN as a lot of new members on Neopets don't know what to do first, where to go, etc...) The site has helped me SO MUCH with saving more Neopoints. I'm not rich by any means, but I'm not dirt poor, either. I'm satisfied with the progress I'm making bit by bit with my savings. ^^

I'm trying to get my niece to try Neopets, but haven't been able to show her the site yet. (She's almost 13. Wow, the years go by so fast...) It would be awesome for her to join a friendly guild & have some helpful and friendly Neopians to be there to answer questions when I can't be there. :)

11 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Hi, Rissa! As many have said before, we're all a little off or goofy here. For example, I love to write and I do my best work between midnight and 6am.

Hiya! I love wolves, first of all. Additionally, I do the same. My best posts for roleplays/adding to my own personal novels, short stories, poetry, and a trilogy I have plans to write, but need a LOT more character development. I had writer's block for so long with my stories, but then I broke it by writing a genre I never had before. Children's story! I wrote a "morals are important" but fantasy style short story for my cousin's 4 & 2 year old kiddos. I'm thinking about making a sequel. Since they loved it so much, and Jovie (cousin's 4 yr old) loved that I put a dragon in the story and said since the dragon didn't have a name, she was giving him one. Auggie loved that I made him "a brave knight". "Auggie the Brave". (He's the 2 year old.)
...Jovie named the unnamed dragon: Toast. That girl is smart as a tack! So, I'm now continuing the story with them having a day out with Toast. (The dragon.) And I can't wait to see my cousin's reaction to it. She inspired me to try writing children's books in the first place. :)

7 hours ago, Trea said:

Welcome Rissa!  Don't feel bad ... I'm 58 and I love Neopets!  

Thank you! And I don't feel bad, honestly. I've played for years and years. I had an account WAY BACK that was hacked by someone & frozen by TNT... But I've rebuilt most of what I had lost. I had some bad memories leave with that old account, but I've played Neopets since I was around 12-ish? I'm 26, now.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being an older Neopets fan/veteran. If you love a site like Neo, which, in my opinion, is something anyone should be able to play. We're all on Neo for the same reason. We enjoy playing and socializing, getting out dreamie pets, etc... I think Neopets is the kind of site where age doesn't matter. To play games and socialize, make friends and get your favorite pets, there's no age limit on good old fun! :)

8 hours ago, trickkey said:

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm pretty sure I'll fit right in, too! Just seeing how much friendliness & warmth and same goofiness from people who have welcomed be so kindly, I can't wait to get to know everyone more! I'm super duper happy to be here. :)

& I'm in Chapter 3 of Fire Emblem Heroes: Shadows of Valentia, so no spoilers for further in the game... But is your username based on Duma from the game? I have to know! Because I LOVE the game to an extent I haven't had with a game in a LONG time. The voice-overs are just so spot on and the plot is so interesting! 

I never heard of that game before, so nope that's not where it came from. It comes from a fairly old movie. Duma means Cheetah in Swahili, that's why I picked it. I just love cheetah's. I'm using this nickname for like 15 years already. It also has an alternative meaning that I really love. I mean, hard not to like, since it's an angel! But I only found out about that one years after I picked this nickname.

On 12/23/2017 at 10:25 AM, Duma said:

I never heard of that game before, so nope that's not where it came from. It comes from a fairly old movie. Duma means Cheetah in Swahili, that's why I picked it. I just love cheetah's. I'm using this nickname for like 15 years already. It also has an alternative meaning that I really love. I mean, hard not to like, since it's an angel! But I only found out about that one years after I picked this nickname.

That's really cool! I love any animals in the feline family. I used to obsess over cats. Anything I did or made had a cat mentioned/drawn in it. That was before I was diagnosed with Aspergers' Autism. I've grown a lot as a person though. I still love cats, but my obsessions now are anime/manga, Neopets, an MMORPG I play, and writing. ^^
But Cheetahs are so cool! I never knew Duma meant cheetah in Swahili! That's super cool too! (:

On 12/23/2017 at 1:57 AM, trickkey said:

Thank you! I know I'll enjoy my stay here. The greatest group of goofballs are here! And it's super nice to see how welcoming and sweet people are here. I'm looking forward to making new friends and meeting new fellow Neopians. On here & Neopets! Also, I love pastries. The pastries at Paneras with the sweet cream cheese filling are my favorite. Unless we're talking cheesecake. Cheesecake is the BEST. I think your username is super cute & creative. Do you have a favorite burnt pastry? ;)

I have never had any pastries from Panera but the one you mentioned sounds yummy. I don't have a favorite pastry, unless of course cookies count. Then again, I've never really tried many pastries. I think I was eating a poptart when I created my account lol, hence the name. :) Although now I can't really eat them which sucks, :/

What sorts of things are you into? (Besides cheesecake ;) )

15 hours ago, burntpastryies said:

I have never had any pastries from Panera but the one you mentioned sounds yummy. I don't have a favorite pastry, unless of course cookies count. Then again, I've never really tried many pastries. I think I was eating a poptart when I created my account lol, hence the name. :) Although now I can't really eat them which sucks, :/

What sorts of things are you into? (Besides cheesecake ;) )

I love pastries & pastas. So Panera's menu is perfect for me. Although, Olive Garden is a nice Italian restaurant as well... Two years ago I had my first crepe pastry. Apples and cinnamon with caramel. It . was . INCREDIBLE! Have you heard about crepes? They're almost like a pancake. I took this from Wikipedia, but it explains what they are, and is pretty detailed & I didn't know about the Greek stuff: "Crêpes are a type of very thin pastry, usually made from wheat flour (crêpes de froment) or buckwheat flour (galettes). Crêpes belong to the general category of ancient Greek Tiganitai, from Greek tiganos (τίγανος), meaning "frying pan", which in English is literally translated to Pancakes [Athenaeus, Deipnosophistae, XIV, 645c; Galen, On the Properties of Foods, I, 3]" (there's more, but I dunno how interesting it could get with details about the dessert.

I'm kinda mad that I love pasta, bread and gluten filled foods so much because I might be gluten-intolerant... :c

Anyways, enough about me and food. Heh... ^^;;

I'm really into video games, anime, manga, singing (when no-one's around), sketching/drawing my own manga style OCs, roleplaying, writing stories, novels, & I took up writing children's short stories for my cousin's two little ones. (She's like a big sister to me. We grew up together with her literally living across the street from our house.)

I LOVE writing. It's so much fun to be creative! ^-^

How about you? What do you like do to?

Oooo I do love me some Olive Garden. I cant say that I've ever had a crepe but, that does sound pretty amazing.

Sameee! I love me some pasta but, I also am pretty sure I'm gluten-intolerant. Which sucks. :( 99% of the time though it just makes me feel really really nauseous which makes dealing with it a little easier but still really stinks. :( 

What kind of video games do you enjoy? I'm personally a big fan of the Lego games, but I also really enjoy Disney's Infinity. (I own 99% of all the figures and discs for it) Ohhh writing sounds lovely! I tried it once but just didn't have the knack for it, sure sounds like you do though!

I quite enjoy photography (my picture is actually a picture of mine- and the ring is my wedding ring). I also love to read but I don't really feel like I get much time to do either since I work about 50 hours a week at my job. Besides that, I like to spend time with my husband and our two kitties. :)

• 10 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 8:52 PM, trickkey said:

I love pastries & pastas. So Panera's menu is perfect for me. Although, Olive Garden is a nice Italian restaurant as well... Two years ago I had my first crepe pastry. Apples and cinnamon with caramel. It . was . INCREDIBLE! Have you heard about crepes? They're almost like a pancake. I took this from Wikipedia, but it explains what they are, and is pretty detailed & I didn't know about the Greek stuff: "Crêpes are a type of very thin pastry, usually made from wheat flour (crêpes de froment) or buckwheat flour (galettes). Crêpes belong to the general category of ancient Greek Tiganitai, from Greek tiganos (τίγανος), meaning "frying pan", which in English is literally translated to Pancakes [Athenaeus, Deipnosophistae, XIV, 645c; Galen, On the Properties of Foods, I, 3]" (there's more, but I dunno how interesting it could get with details about the dessert.

I'm kinda mad that I love pasta, bread and gluten filled foods so much because I might be gluten-intolerant... :c

Anyways, enough about me and food. Heh... ^^;;

I'm really into video games, anime, manga, singing (when no-one's around), sketching/drawing my own manga style OCs, roleplaying, writing stories, novels, & I took up writing children's short stories for my cousin's two little ones. (She's like a big sister to me. We grew up together with her literally living across the street from our house.)

I LOVE writing. It's so much fun to be creative! ^-^

How about you? What do you like do to?

I like to write too)!Before writing an essay or story, I think through not only the plot, but all the small details: the main idea, the structure of the work, etc. By the way, I write down my works in a notebook. My friends do not understand how it can be convenient) But everything is simple: I found a special notebook on the Internet. Removed It is very convenient to register all the details in it, since it was originally designed for planning different situations. Therefore, I am directing in it all the details of my future creation. I advise you to do so, it helps a lot!)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use spam in your posts. URL has been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 months later...