Dubloons: Keep or Sell?

LunaS

Hi Friends,

As you all may know, the Smuggler's Cove has been inactive for a good 2 years now. And I was wondering whether all of you were holding on to your dubloons at all just in case? So far I have been holding on to mine, and have accumulated about 900 dubloons in assorted values/sizes. 

Is it worth holding on to them or should I just sell?

There are a couple of things you can use dubloons for.  They are used for training your pets at the pirate training academy.  You can use one, two, and five dubloon coins to train your pet up to level 40.  Once you can no longer train your pet at the pirate training academy, you can use dubloons at the golden dubloon.  It is similar to Kelp Restaurant.  I haven't gone to the Golden Dubloon so I am not very familiar with it and/or how it works, but I know many people do use it, you can get leftovers, similar to Kelp.  Otherwise, I do keep mine, because, well, who knows.  I don't want to sell them all and have smugglers cove open up again:sad01_anim:.  But if you have that many, sure, sell a few.