Wraith Resurgence: Murmur, Battle and Potions Part 3

hrtbrk

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Silly question, but are you using Chrome to give him the potions?

No... I'm using safari... and until yesterday I had given him lots of potions. It's only since the new dialogue appeared that I can't seem to be able to give him more... 

7 hours ago, singittome said:

I've been using firefox, and I was to able to give him 2 potions a couple days ago, now I can't give him anything. If they can't fix it, I'm going to be really mad and not play neopets anymore.

TNT did make a note about The Infirmary and healing the Jetsam: "Find out which potion each patient needs, and drag them to the Neopet to give it to them. *This feature is currently not working on Firefox." So, the fact that it's been working for you on Firefox is amazing, at best. However, they did note there is a problem with that feature and Firefox. I use Firefox all of the time, but had to switch to Chrome just so I could clear the Wraith fog, at the various locations. Not ideal, but I did so, none the less.

16 hours ago, charelan said:

No... I'm using safari... and until yesterday I had given him lots of potions. It's only since the new dialogue appeared that I can't seem to be able to give him more... 

Not sure, then. I still have some Wraith Ectoplasm left, and was able to make a Taelia's Concoction 1. I tried in Firefox, and, of course, I wasn't able to give it to the Jetsam. Logged out of Neo and switched to Chrome. In Chrome, I was able to give it to him. My "donation" number changed from 6 to 7. Unfortunately, right now, I am unable to test with Safari. Have you tried "running through" all of the dialogue, to get it to "disappear" and see if you are then able to give him a potion? Yeah, I know that sounds like a long shot, but you never know.

EDIT: Found this topic, today, on the "Help" Neoboard, so it is happening to others: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159188567

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Is there actually any point in using loads of Concoction 1 beyond the amount you need to get the Jovial Jetsam achievement?

I would assume so because it shows how much you've contributed. However, I just crafted ten of those potions for the Jetsam and it's not letting me give them to him, does anyone else have this issue? REALLY getting tired of glitches with this plot :/

12 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I would assume so because it shows how much you've contributed. However, I just crafted ten of those potions for the Jetsam and it's not letting me give them to him, does anyone else have this issue? REALLY getting tired of glitches with this plot :/

Per my previous post, yes, others are having the same issue as you - not able to give the Jetsam potions. And @charelan is having the same issue, too, per her post. Just curious, though. Is it happening when using Chrome?

3 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Per my previous post, yes, others are having the same issue as you - not able to give the Jetsam potions. Just curious, though. Is it happening when using Chrome?

It started in chrome too, but I've also tried Internet Explorer and Firefox as well. Not sure what exactly is causing it xD

Figured I'd try Firefox too despite the issue just for the sake of trying.

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Is there actually any point in using loads of Concoction 1 beyond the amount you need to get the Jovial Jetsam achievement?

Can be, as here is what TNT has to say about it, in The Infirmary FAQS:

"I have already unlocked all the achievements for the patients currently in the Infirmary. Should I keep donating potions anyway?"

"It is quite possible that new patients will come in, and there’s no telling what potions they will require. You do want to help everyone that is brought to the Infirmary, don’t you? However, rest assured that every potion you donate is being noticed, and Taelia is bound to show her gratitude to the most generous donors."

ref: http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2596

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Can be, as here is what TNT has to say about it, in The Infirmary FAQS:

"I have already unlocked all the achievements for the patients currently in the Infirmary. Should I keep donating potions anyway?"

"It is quite possible that new patients will come in, and there’s no telling what potions they will require. You do want to help everyone that is brought to the Infirmary, don’t you? However, rest assured that every potion you donate is being noticed, and Taelia is bound to show her gratitude to the most generous donors."

ref: http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml?folderID=2596

That says it all then doesn't it! I'd best check on Chrome and then make some more potions if things are working for me! Thanks Scoobs. :D

Well, I logged on at work using chrome lol and managed to give the Jetsam the last few potions I had... 

For some reason in the first few days (when you could watch your battle meter go way above 100% and before the cap was introduced) I battled the the snapjaw wraith a TON. I think it was because I read a post someone made saying they thought battling a lot could help you ... plus for some reason I was just enjoying hoarding the ectoplasm ;)

13 hours ago, charelan said:

For some reason in the first few days (when you could watch your battle meter go way above 100% and before the cap was introduced) I battled the the snapjaw wraith a TON. I think it was because I read a post someone made saying they thought battling a lot could help you ... plus for some reason I was just enjoying hoarding the ectoplasm ;)

I think I suffer from the same affliction, as I had about 70 ectoplasm tucked away. :laughingsmiley:

There are new achievements for healing, still greyed out though, and the infirmary doesn't have the meerca yet, so I think it's still impossible to get. I'm guessing we'll get a new patient soon though.

These are the ones visible now:

• I Helped a Meerca

You donated two potions and helped this Meerca recover.

• Generous Giving

You donated four potions needed by the Meerca.

• Mirthful Meerca

This Meerca is back to his old self, and thanks is due in no small part to the six potions you donated.

• One of (Every) Kind

Were you an alchemist in a previous avatar, by any chance?

The Meerca is in the infirmary now. I'm going to go try giving him some potions and see if the achievements unlock. 

EDIT: I unlocked the three new achievements. (Note that the Meerca asks for concoctions II and III, even though the picture on the infirmary page does not match the item image for concoction III--instead it looks like a jar full of marbles.)

Still no One of (Every) Kind achievement, since we still have several concoctions yet to be used. 

I made sure to donate at least one of every kind, just in case we can't donate anymore potions once they're all healed and the last achievement requires to have given one of each kind. Although I barely had any fur in my sdb. I really hope they'll remove the caps soon! I don't want to buy the stuff! :crying_anim: