Wraith Resurgence: Murmur, Battle and Potions Part 3

hrtbrk

For those of us NOT doing any of the Wraith events, is there a way to make the purple background go away? I try clicking the "OK" button and it still shows up. It slows down the page and makes it hard to do whatever the page usually is for, such as the Money Tree. 

2 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Um.  That's odd.  Has anyone else gotten their location, but not had the lock  puzzle show up?

I think that happened to me during the first plot step. Did you go to the location by clicking on the solution of the puzzle? (I'm not sure if that's what fixed it for me, but I did get the lock puzzle eventually.)

5 hours ago, lakecat said:

For those of us NOT doing any of the Wraith events, is there a way to make the purple background go away? I try clicking the "OK" button and it still shows up. It slows down the page and makes it hard to do whatever the page usually is for, such as the Money Tree. 

Good question. I haven't been able to find anything yet (I tried to visit the soup kitchen on my side accounts to feed my pets, but gave up because the fog is too annoying). I have noticed that Firefox is worse at loading the pages with the fog (and removing it) than Chrome is, so if you haven't tried Chrome yet, perhaps you could try what clicking 'OK' does there?

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

Good question. I haven't been able to find anything yet (I tried to visit the soup kitchen on my side accounts to feed my pets, but gave up because the fog is too annoying). I have noticed that Firefox is worse at loading the pages with the fog (and removing it) than Chrome is, so if you haven't tried Chrome yet, perhaps you could try what clicking 'OK' does there?

First, thanks for replying. I was afraid I would sound like a complainer if I was the only one a bit bothered by this. I already use Chrome for Neopets. If Firefox is even worse, I'm glad I'm no longer using it for this site. 

1 hour ago, sixela442 said:

Does anyone know how to get the new murmur for part three from Kaia? I tried clicking reset, but that doesn't do anything. Does the infirmary quest have to be completed first?

No, resetting won't do anything. This part works the same way as the second time. You have to find the numbers within the notes. The letters correspond with the numbers. That way you get a location. It's always the same sentences in the notes, the guide shows you the number and the possible locations. It's actually easier now than it was the first time (when it was glitched).

1 hour ago, Duma said:

No, resetting won't do anything. This part works the same way as the second time. You have to find the numbers within the notes. The letters correspond with the numbers. That way you get a location. It's always the same sentences in the notes, the guide shows you the number and the possible locations. It's actually easier now than it was the first time (when it was glitched).

I've found all the numbers needed to solve the puzzle, but I can't click on the letters on the murmurs page to enter the letters. It still has my answer from part 2 (which I completed) flashing in the little box. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. The only thing I can do is hit reset which does nothing, or click my previous correct answer from part 2 which takes me to the location written but doesn't do anything else because I completed that part.

Honestly, for me, I can kind of tell by looking which one it is going to be and I just try entering the destination until I get it right.  I can't be bothered with all that number mumbo jumbo.  lol.  I did get my number combinations figured out and I think I stored them in word, but I find it much easier to guess at the destination.  I usually get it on the first or second guess.

I'm having to just try each possible answer, because I can't work out the answer using the guides. Yay for my MS making me stupid -_-

I think it's Anchor Management for me, but there's a fair few vowel options to go through!

59 minutes ago, sixela442 said:

I've found all the numbers needed to solve the puzzle, but I can't click on the letters on the murmurs page to enter the letters. It still has my answer from part 2 (which I completed) flashing in the little box. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. The only thing I can do is hit reset which does nothing, or click my previous correct answer from part 2 which takes me to the location written but doesn't do anything else because I completed that part.

Did you finish the 'Wild Woods' part of the plot? Maybe that needs to be done before you can try the murmur again. (I know the new murmur isn't showing up for my mom either, and she hasn't done the Wild Woods bit yet.)

6 hours ago, sixela442 said:

Did you finish the 'Wild Woods' part of the plot? Maybe that needs to be done before you can try the murmur again. (I know the new murmur isn't showing up for my mom either, and she hasn't done the Wild Woods bit yet.)

Can confirm you need to do the Wild Woods part before Part 3. Thanks, I actually forgot all about doing that because I didn't do it when it first came out and I was so confused.

18 hours ago, Nielo said:

I didn't do that part and then I went back to complete it and it solved the problem. Thank you so much for your help!

Don't know if anyone's reported it yet, but I think unlocking the "Seasoned Combatant" and "Roughrider" achievements are done by defeating the windrider wraith on medium and hard difficulty respectively, not Battling All Three Wraiths and Battling Wind Rider Wraith as written on http://www.thedailyneopets.com/wraith-resurgence/murmur-battle-pt3/

The Shining Celesta Sword only unlocked for me after the medium battle and I'd already beaten the Wind Rider a few times on easy.

The Skilled Warrior Vest unlocked for me after I beat the hard difficulty. I can't be sure though, as the hard battle took me to 100% completion.

My friend only battled once on medium and the rest on easy and got the achievements as well. I don't know if my friend unlocked the first one with only easy battles though but it was around 30% and the second around 70 or 75%. The pet took some serious damage on medium hence only one battle and no hard difficulty ones. All three achievements got unlocked at 100%. So I don't think the difficulty matters, only the percentage. It just goes slower at easy (5% per battle).

I've only done hard difficulty so far, so it has nothing to do with the difficulty and more of just how you're battling. :D

The new wraith I can get him defeated in two rounds. In the first round, I can get him nearly all the way. I use my second round to heal up a bit so I don't take as much damage. Lens Flare is a life saver!

It seems there is a total cap (not daily) for the wraith items. At the moment you can only get a maximum of 35 items of each. After that they won't drop anymore no matter how much you battle them. I keep doing some daily battles just to see if they removed the cap, but so far not yet. I really hope they will though.

Is anyone else not able to give the jetsam potions? I had some more ectoplasm and decided to give the jetsam a few more potions. I made them up and I'm dragging them over to him but he's not using them. Maybe it's just a glitch and it'll work again later... I hope so! 

11 hours ago, charelan said:

Is anyone else not able to give the jetsam potions? I had some more ectoplasm and decided to give the jetsam a few more potions. I made them up and I'm dragging them over to him but he's not using them. Maybe it's just a glitch and it'll work again later... I hope so! 

Silly question, but are you using Chrome to give him the potions?