Me vs. Paint Brushes

NeoStep

Why are they so expensive? lol I'm honestly trying to save up for a Baby PB rn for my Zafara, BabyStarPlatinum.

They're not "that" expensive. They're only about 600,000 on the Trading Post with quite a few below that. If you do your dailies and Play Trudy's Surprise every day you'll get there in no time! It will just take a bit of work. In a 25 day cycle of Trudy's Surprise, you can earn close to, if not more than 200,000 neopoints. I'd be more concerned about a paint brush that's several million as opposed to a few hundred thousand.

What Mouseykins said. I know some rich players like to donate things, which is very generous of them. Sometimes it makes a person's week to receive such a gift. It feels great to give, too. But on the other hand, one of the good things about playing Neopets is that it promotes saving over time for something you really want. You will have the satisfaction of earning it yourself, which makes it feel special. Other ways to gain valuables and Neopoints: the more pages you visit (or refresh) the more chances of getting random events that are usually positive more often than negative. And as a new player many years ago, I won a valuable paint brush on the Fruit Machine. A good surprise will happen to you too eventually. Meanwhile, enjoy the games and special events. And what I still enjoy best about Neopets is just looking at all the cute designs of everything. That's worth more than anything else to me. :angel:

P.S.: If someone ever does give you a paint brush, be grateful. But I'll bet earning your own NP for another pet will make that one seem unique to you. :nod_yes:

2 hours ago, lakecat said:

What Mouseykins said. I know some rich players like to donate things, which is very generous of them. Sometimes it makes a person's week to receive such a gift. It feels great to give, too. But on the other hand, one of the good things about playing Neopets is that it promotes saving over time for something you really want. You will have the satisfaction of earning it yourself, which makes it feel special. Other ways to gain valuables and Neopoints: the more pages you visit (or refresh) the more chances of getting random events that are usually positive more often than negative. And as a new player many years ago, I won a valuable paint brush on the Fruit Machine. A good surprise will happen to you too eventually. Meanwhile, enjoy the games and special events. And what I still enjoy best about Neopets is just looking at all the cute designs of everything. That's worth more than anything else to me. :angel:

P.S.: If someone ever does give you a paint brush, be grateful. But I'll bet earning your own NP for another pet will make that one seem unique to you. :nod_yes:

Good points Mousey and lake :3

Thank you both!

43 minutes ago, Rometus said:

Do you do battledome?  If you can fight even donny, you'll get codestones almost every day!  I'm up to the mutant walien and I generally get around 5-7 every day, and I'm not rich, but I'm also not poor!

I'm gonna start training Star today. Can a Baby Zafara even fight, though?

6 hours ago, NeoStep said:

I'm gonna start training Star today. Can a Baby Zafara even fight, though?

Yep!  Any pet can fight :D  There are some good guides out there for beginner battledome sets as well!  The challengers I fought with were donny, the kreludan defender robot, the koi warrior, and finally the giant spectral mutant walien, in that order!  They all give more codestones, with the water arena giving out the most.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, Rometus said:

Yep!  Any pet can fight :D  There are some good guides out there for beginner battledome sets as well!  The challengers I fought with were donny, the kreludan defender robot, the koi warrior, and finally the giant spectral mutant walien, in that order!  They all give more codestones, with the water arena giving out the most.  Good luck!

Thank you! Though hopefully Star doesn't need any changing during training...I forgot to pack diapers. lol

2 hours ago, NeoStep said:

Thank you! Though hopefully Star doesn't need any changing during training...I forgot to pack diapers. lol

:laughingsmiley: After I got done laughing, I did a search on the Shop Wizard. I didn't see anything under diaper or diapers. Maybe you've started something NeoStep! :cheff:

3 minutes ago, lakecat said:

:laughingsmiley: After I got done laughing, I did a search on the Shop Wizard. I didn't see anything under diaper or diapers. Maybe you've started something NeoStep! :cheff:

OMG I have? XD hey TNT, start doing packs of diapers for baby Neopets (only ones that wear diapers I guess? lol) XD And make it to where it can be used XD