Happy Gnorbu Day

hrtbrk

I'm sorry, but what on earth is that outfit?

The zombie is okay, but it seems like every other pet day has a new Zombie. There are plenty of other paintbrushes to choose from. The marble has also been quite popular, but there is  a lot more variety to that paintbrush and it has the luxury of being a shiny new brush. There are over 25 other paintbrush options for the gnorbu.

I also think that JN needs to get more creative with turning other pets into pineapples or other fruit. It makes me sad that Strawberry is the only fruit that they made available to anyone besides the Chia.

That outfit looks like it should have been put on a different coloured pet.

@babayaga67 They're probably trying to finish off a paint brush set, in this case, Zombie before they release any new colours.

51 minutes ago, Angeló said:

that Marble looks a lot like Jelly 

the Zombie is ok 

the outfit is musical *jazzy* - another addition to my gallery

It looks nothing like me, what are you talking about! HRMMPH! :hmmph:

One of my top 3 favorite species on neopets and such a poor day for them.. 

I'm officially depressed

RequiredExcellentDarwinsfox-max-1mb.gif

The Zombie color is really nothing special at all... Marble well I don't even know what that thing is right there that color has so much potential and it was.. not ... achieved. 

And the outfit... let's say I was expecting something different.

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

the Zombie is ok 

My thoughts exactly, about the Marble! I think maybe Marble and Jelly are "two-for-ones" - if you get Marble, it can double as Jelly, and if you get Jelly, it can double as Marble. Unfortunately, both Zombie and Marble (Jelly?) are blase, IMHO.

As for the outfit, I don't think the concept is too bad. It just doesn't go with a Gnorbu's mane.

Anyhoo, Happy Gnorbu Day to all Gnorbu lovers!

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:
3 hours ago, Angeló said:

the Zombie is ok 

It looks nothing like me, what are you talking about! HRMMPH! :hmmph:

*gigglesnort*

Jokes aside, I don't mind the fact that Marble pets sometimes look like Jelly pets, but this one is certainly my least favourite so far (my favourites are the Bori and the Techo).

The outfit vaguely reminded me of this:

2.jpg

If they had based the outfit on this movie (instead of wherever that came from - does anyone know?), I think I might have loved it :P

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

I thought the same. And just the other day I thought the candy Aisha was marble...TNT seem to have lost sight of the line between a few of their colors. 

I do really like the jelly marble, although I imagine it'll be hard to customize. The zombie is meh. I'm not a fan of that color anyway, but I think it could've been better if the eyes were different. He looks way too happy to be undead... 

As for the outfit, I kind of like it, actually! Especially the dress/belt combo. I see how the hat? wig? headpiece...thingy kind of gets in the way of the ruff, but it would probably look better on a different color pet. Maybe someone less lazy than I will play with it in DTI and make it look less awkward. I have no idea what they may have based it off of, though. Actually, I haven't recognized the outfits from the last several pet days. Maybe they've started using their own imaginations for once? 

The zombie at least has clothing. I'm not saying it's good clothing, just that they have made the effort to give it something. On the whole zombie's ok, I think. Could have done with more darkening around the eye socket, though looking at all the other zombies a lot of them are lacking that. Never a pet I'd want, but looks the same as all the other zombie pets so not a worse quality one than previously which is a positive.

The marble one's an amazing colour, that's all I can say about it really, lol.

The outfit . . . I can't see past the Gnorbu's ruff. All I see is a big bloke with a huge ginger beard, wearing a dress. :laughingsmiley:

15 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

@babayaga67 They're probably trying to finish off a paint brush set, in this case, Zombie before they release any new colors.

Why don't they finish off the location specific colors? I had been hoping for a maraquan gnorbu... I know that crying is pointless, but the maraquan brush is my second favorite. They have done such a wonderful job being truly creative with the marquan brush! Assuming that they are not doing flotsam, kiko, peophin, nimmo ect because those are all already underwater beings then they only have four or five left to complete.

The feathers on the outfit keep reminding me of yzma

6a7d70b5c39e68a429905c2a12e27bbb--villains-party-disney-villains.jpg

I  must say, I am not too disappointed!

Zombie is as plain and boring as usual, which seems to be a new trend among the tnt artists (cough cough zombie wocky skeith scorchio). Its boringness is mostly caused by the lack of zombie expression and tattered clothes.

4.png4.png4.png

Marble is gorgeous in terms of colour, glossiness and texture. I do not particulary like it but I cannot deny it is beautifully drawn with attention to details.

The clothes are cool, I like them a lot. The dress and head piece are very detailed; I am not sure whether they are supposed to be feathers or scales or both. Anyhow, I like the shine of it. The belt seems a bit rough though for such a delicate outfit. I do not know the reference or even theme they were going for, but this outfit will sure look good on a future maractite gnorbu!

23 hours ago, kayahtik said:

As for the outfit, I kind of like it, actually! Especially the dress/belt combo. I see how the hat? wig? headpiece...thingy kind of gets in the way of the ruff, but it would probably look better on a different color pet. Maybe someone less lazy than I will play with it in DTI and make it look less awkward.

Challenge accepted :D 

preview.png preview.png

I couldn't decide between keeping the lipstick or not, and keeping the ruff or not.

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1548193
http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1548222

Lzd5DO.png

I tried pairing the headdress with different clothing here (my least favourite look out of these)
http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1548356

vnUINv.png

Then I tried pairing the dress with a different wig (someone mentioned scales, so I thought of a mermaid)
http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1548408

@deboratibi You. Are. AMAZING! All of those are absolutely gorgeous. See, I knew the outfit wasn't a complete wash! You just need some of Deb's incredible talent to make it work! :biggrin:

@kayahtik @jellysundae Aww, thank you! :heart: I really loved doing this :D
Now, if only I could include "Neopets customisation skills" on my resume and if all the hours spent on DTI counted as professional experience... lol.

Anyway, back on the subject of pet colours, I've just thought of what kind of opportunity was missed here... I know they already made another Candy pet very recently, but imagine a Candy Gnorbu... A Cotton Candy Gnorbu!!! *gasp*

Edit: I recoloured a Cloud Gnorbu to try and illustrate what that would look like lol

28BPd6.png

12 hours ago, deboratibi said:

@kayahtik @jellysundae Aww, thank you! :heart: I really loved doing this :D
Now, if only I could include "Neopets customisation skills" on my resume and if all the hours spent on DTI counted as professional experience... lol.

Anyway, back on the subject of pet colours, I've just thought of what kind of opportunity was missed here... I know they already made another Candy pet very recently, but imagine a Candy Gnorbu... A Cotton Candy Gnorbu!!! *gasp*

Edit: I recoloured a Cloud Gnorbu to try and illustrate what that would look like lol

28BPd6.png

Oh yes, definite missed opportunity there!

There's a lot of them about, isn't there. Someone should make a thread of them. *hint hint* ;D

I don't agree, I totally like the outfit, looking like a costume from an old movie, I like also the ideas provided by deboratibi, I really, really like them, and I prefer lipstick on *thumbs up*.

I LOVE THE COTTON CANDY GNORBU IDEA <3 it's like a beautiful combo of cloud and valentine ideas.... looking far more fluffier than cloud itself :heart::heart::heart:

EDIT: the marble is amazing, really spectacularly done, the detailing, the depth is great... I do agree that zombie trend is pretty boring nowadays, they keep it too simple. I know it's a site dedicated for kids also, nevertheless I would appreciate some more zombie-like style, some grimace, some brains, some scars, some tattered clothing... you know, something more of WOW! ZOMBIE effect

I usually don't care too much about the outfits they release on pet days, but this one immediately caught my eye when I saw it on the front page. I love it!

My lab rat spent a few weeks as a Gnorbu recently, and while I'd never really given much thought to Gnorbus before, I ended up liking them a lot. If I ever decide to get one, I'll definitely look for that outfit.

The marble is a really pretty shade of purple, although I agree with @Angeló that they could've made it a more pronounced kind of marble.

And @deboratibi that cotton candy Gnorbu is amazing, and I'll be incredibly disappointing if the eventual Candy Gnorbu won't involve cotton candy!

• 7 months later...