Wraith Resurgence: The Infirmary Part 2!

hrtbrk

it doesn't have to be 3 of each .. i used 1 ConcoII and 5 ConcoIII and unlocked all the achievements ...

the (One of each Kind) achievement is still unlockable

JS still hasn't removed the caps on the Wraith drops !!

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

it doesn't have to be 3 of each .. i used 1 ConcoII and 5 ConcoIII and unlocked all the achievements ...

the (One of each Kind) achievement is still unlockable

JS still hasn't removed the caps on the Wraith drops !!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates this! I keep thinking I'm over exaggerating, but honestly it's just STUPID on JS part. How in any universe does it make sense to say "Oh we have a plot step where the amount of potions you use for healing a Neopian is taken into account." but then go and say "Then we'll make a Wraith item cap! LAWL!"

Seems like the biggest troll to me. I think the main reason it upsets me is to be honest I could afford to go out and buy a crap ton of items, but I've been playing Neopets for 14+ years, I have the funds saved up and investments put into my account, but not everyone does. Not everyone has had the time to be able to do that with their account, so in making that cap they're limiting this plot to be enjoyed only by rich Neopet players and that casts out a majority of players that can barely even afford the Wraith Ectoplasm, let alone 15-20k per Wraith Fur. And I'm sorry they can't use the excuse that they didn't predict items going that high, because with any plot there's that chance and with their experience with Charity Haven they should of known xD Unless they really don't keep track of prices during events, then that's just silly.

Just makes me sad that we finally get a plot and they've found all the ways to ruin it. Don't get me wrong, I've always been one to defend them and I do think they've made some cool decisions (the 5th pet being pretty awesome!), but this plot is just faulty at best.

Hope everyone get's lucky with some cheap items!

That's super useful and helpful, thanks Angeló!

Musical_Shoyru I completely agree! Even though I have money saved up now after playing for years, I can't even imagine trying to do the plot if I was new or didn't have money saved up! It's crazy. Another thing that bothers me about the cap and the inflation is that the cap was instituted after people massively abused the system, so now some of us only have the capped amount of items, while others have hundreds or even thousands of wraith drops to sell in their shops at massive profits because they battled constantly before the caps were put in place! It's ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates this! I keep thinking I'm over exaggerating, but honestly it's just STUPID on JS part. How in any universe does it make sense to say "Oh we have a plot step where the amount of potions you use for healing a Neopian is taken into account." but then go and say "Then we'll make a Wraith item cap! LAWL!"

I really don't get this either... why the cap??!! It makes no sense at all. All the glitches are bad enough, but this is on purpose and it's just annoying.

The issue I have is the inconsistency. First we could farm ecto to our heart's content, and many of us did. Then we were told, no, battling extra doesn't help and some ppl laughed at all the effort we'd gone to and ppl donated ecto to the Money Tree (not me; I'm not as green as I'm cabbage looking ::g:;). Then the caps, followed by the vague hint that donating more would get you...something.

Now prices are sky-high, everyone's confused, and the slow, repetitive drag of the plot is depressing. We're going to have to do the spinning circles one more time, I know it, and it killed me last time, battle again for the wraith blood, cure 4 pets... It's taking forever and it's not much fun.

Sigh. It's had its good moments, but it seems poorly thought out.

3 hours ago, charelan said:

It makes no sense at all

This though . . .

This pretty much covers SO many things that JS do, right?

All we can do is hope they're learning from these incredibly weird decisions they make, even though  I can feel you guys giving me side eye for saying that! :P Yeah yeah, I know, this  is JS we're talking about, but, try as I might, I just can't stamp out that last grain of optimism that's battling on gamely inside my cynical soul.

I also did 1 potion of the one that needed fur and 5 of the other kind and got all the achievements. I'm not giving any more because I just won't spend NP on the items and I don't have much left in my sdb. I just hope I won't miss out on something like an avatar just because I didn't donate more than was necessary.

I still hope they'll remove the cap before the plot is over. I just keep on hoping. Optimism never runs out :P It's a never-ending source of happiness.

Bah, I don't like having to buy the stuff, but when I didn't know there was a cap, I sold all of my ectoplasm for 1 np each hoping I'd help out someone who couldn't buy it for a lot (before the resellers noticed it.)

Edit: Haha, I've also not been spending money unless I had to to get the achievements unlocked, so I am in the same boat as you, Duma! :)

11 hours ago, hpb63094 said:

Another thing that bothers me about the cap and the inflation is that the cap was instituted after people massively abused the system, so now some of us only have the capped amount of items, while others have hundreds or even thousands of wraith drops to sell in their shops at massive profits because they battled constantly before the caps were put in place!

Well, that's exactly why there's a cap now probably. Problem is, the horse already bolted from the stable, the cap is fueling inflation and so Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all.....  :/

Plus, Wraith Ectoplasm seems to have stopped dropping entirely and either you buy or are really blessed by a friendly fellow player (Thanks Jelly!) 

37 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

Well, that's exactly why there's a cap now probably. Problem is, the horse already bolted from the stable, the cap is fueling inflation and so Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all.....  :/

Plus, Wraith Ectoplasm seems to have stopped dropping entirely and either you buy or are really blessed by a friendly fellow player (Thanks Jelly!) 

It hasn't stopped dropping if you didn't get the 35 items yet. My friend got some today. Had all of the items today in fact until reaching the cap too.

I forgot for a minute that this plot step doesn't work on Firefox, so I tried that first before remembering/realising and switching to Chrome. Which is when I noticed something odd: both browsers showed a different 3rd potion:

Firefox:

Wraith_plot_look_of_potions_on_Firefox_11_01_18.jpg

Chrome:

Wraith_plot_look_of_potions_on_Chrome_11_01_18.jpg

(This is most likely just some weird browser related glitch and not actually relevant, but I wanted to share my confusion anyway. ;))

39 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I forgot for a minute that this plot step doesn't work on Firefox, so I tried that first before remembering/realising and switching to Chrome. Which is when I noticed something odd: both browsers showed a different 3rd potion:

Firefox:

Wraith_plot_look_of_potions_on_Firefox_11_01_18.jpg

Chrome:

Wraith_plot_look_of_potions_on_Chrome_11_01_18.jpg

(This is most likely just some weird browser related glitch and not actually relevant, but I wanted to share my confusion anyway. ;))

Everytime I give a potion to the Kacheek and the page refreshes my jetsam is on top of my Kacheek for just a moment before moving back to his bed. I think he's trying to hog all the potions xD

16 hours ago, hpb63094 said:

the cap was instituted after people massively abused the system, so now some of us only have the capped amount of items, while others have hundreds or even thousands of wraith drops to sell in their shops at massive profits because they battled constantly before the caps were put in place! It's ridiculous. 

i agree !!

while i battled a lot before the caps and managed to get a moderate amount of wraith items (less than a hundred of each though .. not thousands like some crazy people) .. my stash is being seriously depleted ... and i refuse to sell any inflated items and take advantage of other people's misfortune ...

image.png I have gotten a couple more drops of the Ectoplasm:dance: 

3 hours ago, Angeló said:
20 hours ago, hpb63094 said:

the cap was instituted after people massively abused the system, so now some of us only have the capped amount of items, while others have hundreds or even thousands of wraith drops to sell in their shops at massive profits because they battled constantly before the caps were put in place! It's ridiculous. 

i agree !!

while i battled a lot before the caps and managed to get a moderate amount of wraith items (less than a hundred of each though .. not thousands like some crazy people) .. my stash is being seriously depleted ... and i refuse to sell any inflated items and take advantage of other people's misfortune ...

Oookay, I completely agree that if the number of donations matters, the cap should be lifted, but no one "abused the system" when they collected extra drops. Everyone thought that the more you fought, the more plot points would be earned, because it has always been that way on Neopets. Yes, there were fighting caps in previous plots, but they weren't insultingly low. If no one had "abused the system", that means everyone would have stopped fighting after 5 times on hard (or 20 times on easy). That's ridiculous, considering the plot isn't giving us a whole lot to do as it is. If JS didn't want players going the extra mile, well, first of all that means they don't really know what we're like. But second of all, they should have made this clear from the start, because this is not how things usually work. We couldn't tell it was a glitch.

And not having hundreds of items is hardly a misfortune... If battling 5 times was enough before, why does donating hundreds of potions matter now? People are taking the whole "gratitude to the most generous donors" thing at face value. Many of them laughed at those of us who fought hundreds of times "for no reason", but now they wish they had just because of some vague sentence in the FAQ. I hope no one laughs at them if it turns out there is no prize (or a lame one at best) for being the most generous. You'd think they would've learned not to take JS so seriously by now...

Deb, thanks for your PERFECTLY worded post.  Couldn't have said it any better.  I have to admit, while I did think that the more we fought, the more plot points we would earn, I was also fighting more because I was getting a ton of codestones.  I, and most likely others who fought the wraiths constantly, were doing so to collect the numerous codestones and were actually getting tired of the enormous amounts of ectoplasm, claws, and furs being dropped.  However I put them in my SDB, because you can ask anyone who knows me well (Jellysundae:wink:, Scoobert) hoard EVERYTHING I get, because, well, you just never know when you might need it.  I even sold some of my ectoplasm early on in the plot, and STILL had a bunch left over.  I got 2 today, but then, just codestones:tired:.  lol.  Possibly a glitch?  IDK.   

Nobody was abusing the system.  As Deb said, JS doesn't make sense.  First they made it seem like the more you fought, the more points you would score, and dropped all kinds of potion items.  Then they capped those items.  Then they say, the most generous donors will be rewarded, but yet, unless you fought like mad in the beginning, you can't be a generous donor unless you spend, spend, spend.  Hmmmmmm, maybe all the drops in the beginning then the cap wasn't a glitch after all:who-let-rip:.  Strategy possibly?

I did battle the Jetsam a bit more too, I still do. It is part of my dailies (even now without getting anything from them!). I didn't battle hours on end, but just each plot opponent 5 to 10 battles a day. At first, since the % bar kept on going up, I though it would benefit point wise in the end. After it was clear that fighting more wasn't going to benefit I still did those few battles a day just - because. No real reason really. I got around 100 ectoplasms but gave a quite a few away for free to friends. I was just thinking: "If I need more in the future, I'll just go and battle some more" Now there's a cap, I have a limited amount of items and I can't get any more of them. Is that poor strategy or is it just being nice? I don't  like "conspiracy" thinking. In my opinion NO ONE could know it was going to be like this. And laughing about what others do is stupid anyway. There isn't always a superior motive behind everything. Like others before me said: some people just want to enjoy the plot as much as they can and just do more because to them that's fun.

I don't like how all the items are super expensive because of the cap, but that's just market really. Resellers are annoying because they intentionally drive up the price, but even that is just market. Anyone could do that if they feel like spending time in it (and if you have enough funds to buy a bunch, but funds can be earned other ways, money makes money...)

I still hope the cap will be put higher or be put to daily or just be removed again, so I can donate more potions instead of giving just enough to unlock the achievements, since I don't want to spend my precious NP to it until I have to to earn the achievements. I am NOT going to be mad at myself for being nice in the beginning with giving them away.

BTW it would only be abuse if you KNEW this would happen. Or if it would be weird that only newbie or aged accounts could get something. You can't abuse something that's the same for everyone.

1 hour ago, charelan said:

So.. I'm just trying to remember the timeline... did the cap come out before the fur?

the cap came out somewhere between the fur and fang ... cuz i got more than 35 claws and furs 

I battled the wraiths even after the drops stopped because they don't have any unique BD items so the prizes consisted 100% of things I could use; codestones, and food for CC.

I had gone back to the Koi Warrior recently, but yesterday I faught a wraith again. I'll go back to the first guy now if he's starting giving ectoplasm again.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, Duma said:

It hasn't stopped dropping if you didn't get the 35 items yet. My friend got some today. Had all of the items today in fact until reaching the cap too.

I've been battling he jetsam exclusively for an hour and still no ectoplasm drops. When i battle the other two I get fur, claw and fang.... 

I did consider battling more early on, since that is usually how Neopets rewards points, but... I find battling just extremely boring. XD
(I think I did get more than 35 ectoplasms before the cap, but not a whole lot. So I've only been making the amount of potions necessary to get the achievements that are listed, and am saving all my other wraith drops for the next plot steps.)

27 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

I've been battling he jetsam exclusively for an hour and still no ectoplasm drops. When i battle the other two I get fur, claw and fang.... 

Did you get (at least) 35 ectoplasm before the cap kicked in? Because then I doubt you'd be getting any more ectoplasm. (Unless they remove the cap at some point.)