Wraith Resurgence: The Infirmary Part 2!

hrtbrk

10 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

I haven't unlocked all the Jetsam healing related prizes yet, but the Jetsam has disappeared from my infirmary today... anyone knows why?

I think you're no longer able to give potions to the Jetsam, unfortunately. :sad:

I'm guessing the bar above his head filled up and he was cured, so he could leave the infirmary. (That's what the dialogue between him and Taelia indicated a few days (?) ago.)

So, this is an interested read. From yesterday's Neopian Times, Issue 812, 12th day of Sleeping, Y20, Question #6, http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=812

"Scrappy, your beautiful tropical fish — You're smart as a whip and you're cool under pressure. *Throw a ton of cookies* I have material for throws for a long time, no worry. I was thinkin' about the 35 cap of dropped battledome items on The Wraith Resurgence Plot. I'm a little worried about the donations of potion from the injured Neopets. With only a few items to make potions, how we can donate a lot? You're attempted to remove this cap-thing? Want more snacks?"

"Wow, that was so sweet! I always want more snacks...seriously always! Whenever we get this neocam back up and running the first thing I'm doing is showing you ALLLLL my snacks! You'll be shocked. But anyways, this is a conversation going around TNT. We cannot simply remove the cap completely, otherwise Neopia would be running rampant with these Wraith items and that would just be insanity. However, we also want to make sure everyone has enough to participate in everything! I will definitely release something on Monday/Tuesday to give you a further update on it but we will make sure everyone has enough to be able to participate in all aspects of the plot!"

Personally, this brings up so many things. If there was a 35 limit cap on Wraith items, why didn't they state so in the beginning? If there was a "glitch" with the Wraith Ectoplasm giving more than the 35 items, why wasn't there something done, and why let Neopians sell these items in their shops for crazy prices? And why would you create a plot activity, such as The Infirmary, where you would mention you can "donate" more than the required, and possibly be rewarded differently, when the items were capped in the first place?!

Not trying to upset anybody, but, all I can think about this "plot" is - What a mess!

As for @Vlagopus issue, the Jetsam has been completely healed and released from The Infirmary. So, if you didn't complete all of healing the Jetsam achievements, it looks like you won't be able to. From my understanding, that has happened in previous plots - if you didn't complete something by a certain time, you wouldn't be able to do so. And, of course, the time "limit" is not known.

25 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

all I can think about this "plot" is - What a mess!

Got to agree with you right now. We're back to what I think Deb said before; that JS are basically like a bunch of well-meaning grade school kids, both in their enthusiasm, but sadly also in their ability to make a real mess of just about everything they do!

13 hours ago, okkusu said:

@Angeló, definitely agree about the No Trade class on wraith items. No idea why the potions are but the ingredients aren't…

Also then, why you can donate the ingredients if you can't trade them . . . all a bit random, isn't it! Though I've not seen any ingredients on the money tree for a while, seems people have learnt the folly of giving them away, lol.

But yeah, I'll be really surprised if a daily cap isn't the compromise that they come up with.

As an aside - I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that the QUEEN is plonked there in a public ward as it were, rather than in a private room (tent) with the Neopian equivalent of armed secret service guards outside, lol.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:19 PM, Nielo said:

I forgot for a minute that this plot step doesn't work on Firefox, so I tried that first before remembering/realising and switching to Chrome. Which is when I noticed something odd: both browsers showed a different 3rd potion:

Firefox:

Wraith_plot_look_of_potions_on_Firefox_11_01_18.jpg

Chrome:

Wraith_plot_look_of_potions_on_Chrome_11_01_18.jpg

(This is most likely just some weird browser related glitch and not actually relevant, but I wanted to share my confusion anyway. ;))

I am having the same exact problem, except that it's with Fyora and the meerca. The Meerca is on top of Fyora in the 3rd bed. While I've gotten all the achievements from the Merrca, I can't heal Fyora. When I try to drop Fyora's potions, I get a notice that states "Make sure you are giving the potion to the right patient". 

I'm using chrome. I also tried internet explorer. Same problem. 

Did you (or anyone) get a solution to this? Thought it was just Firefox that was having this issue. Thinking of sending a ticket. 

2 hours ago, Neopets9738368 said:

Might want to stick with Chrome. I've seen topics on the "Help" Neoboard, with others having the same issue. It seems you might have to move your cursor slightly, one way or the other, to give Fyora the potion. Generally, when giving the potion, the character will be "highlighted"/outlined in green or yellow. If Fyora is not "highlighted", try moving your cursor around, until she is. I know it might take some doing to give her the potion, but you'll get it.