Neopets plushie collectors... assemble!

Picklesuprize

(Delete if not allowed?)

PLUSHIES!

...now that I have your attention, hello!

I was sorting my neopets collection when I realised I dont know many people irl or online who collect as obsessively as I do. If you're a collector, keep reading, this may interest you ;D

I hadn't seen anything similar done before, so I decided earlier that I wanted to make a facebook group for Neopets plushie, figurines, card, etc collectors to post and talk about their collections, but also most importantly focus on the ability to trade, sell and buy from others.

What do people think?

Here's a link to the group, feel free to join so we can get a community set up~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/393036557776204/

I can't be the only macdonald's toys collector who has wound up with heaps of doubles and is looking for a way to get rid of them. I thought starting a online trading community would be awesome.
I've already thought about the risk and repercussions that selling and trading online has, but I guess it just boils down to all members being honest and using legitimate/trusted ways of trading/selling. (Like always using tracking numbers on your parcels, paying with paypal, ebay etc.)

(also Hi im new i just joined the forums to post this LOL)

Welcome to the forums =) Hopefully you can stick around for more posts, we're a very nice community. 

I don't have a facebook, but I started keeping my eyes peeled for neopets merchandise when I go thrift shopping and such, and I did recently find a Faerie Ixi keyquest plushie. I also have a Disco Chombie one and a Yellow Wocky mcdonald's plush so far.

I have loads of them I got from Value Village, a local thrift store. Wish they still sold merch! It's like they don't want to attract a new generation ::puzzled:: And it would've made a great cartoon.

I know! So bummed that they dont release merch any more. Seeing a new series of plushies one day would be amazing. I'm always looking for the macdonalds toys in thrift stores... Its the most exciting feeling finding one for less than a few bucks in a thrift store. They can be so expensive to get ahold of now. Hence why theyre collectables I guess!

Im from Australia so Neopets are a little rarer here than over in the US. we never got most of the Merch till the Keyquest plushies came out at Target for a limited time. I remember once with all my pocket money I almost bought out my local target clean from their keyquest plushies haha. I think I bought about 7 in one hit. I've always been an obsessed collector. I also have a few Kougras from 2002 I got off ebay, including a talking one.

5 hours ago, charelan said:

Perhaps this will sound like sacrilege lol but I love the mcdonalds ones as dog toys - I have long-haired chihuahuas and these are the perfect size for them! Right now one of my puppy's favourite toys is a cloud moehog :)

You monster! >:P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post.
Keep posts seven words or greater.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

• 1 month later...

I am a huge plushie collector IRL, and it isn't limited to Neopets plushies either. I also have My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic plushies, TY plush and beanies, various generic plush, and the beginnings of monster Funko Pop collection.