What Tablet do you use?

Picklesuprize

Fellow digital artists~ thought it would be fun to discuss our art!

I use a small Intuos Pro for all my digital art.

*bonus* What art programs that you use are your favourite? Mine are SAI and Firealpaca :) I used to use MyPaint, but found it glitchy.

*extra bonus* what platforms do you prefer to post your art on?

Sounds like a nice setup you've got. ;)
I've got a smaller old bamboo (wacom) tablet, but I haven't used it too much. Still trying to get used to the feel of the darn thing. ;) I prefer to sketch on paper, then scan into Paint Shop Pro 6. I'm trying to learn a free and open-source art/animation program called OpenToonz. It's very powerful, but I'm still in the early process of learning how to unlock and unleash that power. Still, I've seen some impressive stuff people have done with it on Youtube. :) Plus, the price is right, considering what Big-name animation programs cost. OpenToonz DOES have a scanning function for TWAIN, but it's picky and I guess my old HP isn't compatible with it. Hence why I scan into my older program, PSP6. I also tend to do clean-up and color there. Even though OpenToonz supports Raster images as well as Vector. Though it's converter from Raster to Vector image  types could be improved upon, it's not always very accurate. lol

I use a very outdated tablet for my graphics. It's a very small one with only a 4 x 6 inch drawing area. My Genius EasyPen i405 has been good to me! I originally bought it for my HP notebook and when that cratered I was pleased to have it work on my Macbook and my current iMac. The pen stylus is a bit broken but still works. I broke the clip off a while ago and now if I press too hard on the stylus, the bottom grip area slides off a bit. I've been wanting to get a new one for a while but the one I want is over $100 and I need to get the wireless adapter for it as well. Maybe I'll eventually break down and order it. I haven't been doing much graphics work lately, so it hasn't been necessary to upgrade right away.

I mostly use Photoshop Elements 10 Editor for my graphics. If I start doing more drawing I may switch to a different program. But for now Photoshop is my go-to program for everything graphics related. I also use Sketchpad sometimes for quick circles, lines and arrows on images.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a really old Wacom Bamboo tablet (I'm not sure exactly which one it is) and Paint Tool Sai. And I usually upload to dA - if I upload at all; I'm pretty insecure about my art cuz I'm not very talented lol. :x

On 2/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, GamNep said:

I use a really old Wacom Bamboo tablet (I'm not sure exactly which one it is) and Paint Tool Sai. And I usually upload to dA - if I upload at all; I'm pretty insecure about my art cuz I'm not very talented lol. :x

I use an old Wacom bamboo too, but I still need to practice/learn how to use it properly. lol Maybe try uploading to a tumblr or someplace where you can link your art to a thread in this forum?(in a thread of your own of course) You might get some good feedback. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I got my start on a good old Wacom Bamboo Capture, I don't think they're made anymore but it's a very good starting tablet.

I currently use an Intuos Pro small, and i'll probably never replace it unless it breaks. It's too good of a tablet. For paint programs I mostly use SAI or Photoshop CS6. I will generally do the majority of a piece in SAI, and do touchups or effects in CS6. But, for anyone looking for solid program recommendations, I certainly suggest trying out MediBang or Krita. Both are free and fantastic programs that I would use myself if I weren't so used to SAI hahaha!

I've found most success on Deviantart and Paigeeworld. Deviantart I think is fantastic if you're looking to sell your services, while Paigeeworld is very casual, more for building an audience. Tumblr is great for artists who do a lot of fan art. Otherwise Instagram is a lot better if you're the type of artist who does original illustrations.

• 2 years later...

Personally I draw using Paint Tool SAI ( and a XP-Pen Artist 24 Pro art tablet ) and for more realistic shading I then use photoshop. Paint Tool Sai has a good lineart tool and it's a lot lighter program than Photoshop,which means you can work faster because no lagging or slowdown.

I love my XP-PEN Drawing Tablet it behaves as if I'm drawing with a pen. Then when I use the pressure sensitivity it behaves like a dip pen. I like the tablet because I'm able to draw on the computer exactly like I do on paper. 

Wow, seems this old thread got some new attention. lol.

A few months back I upgraded to this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE59RZI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Decent price for what came with it. Plus It's my first tablet (2nd overall) that has a screen to it. My old tablet (see my 2018 reply above), I just couldn't get the feel for it without being able to see what I was drawing, it was a smaller tablet so the size differences were also a bit hard to work with.

I've only done a little bit with it. I still prefer the tactile sensation of Pencil on Paper, but I did convert an old sketch into a piece of digital art with just using the tablet and a program called Clip Studio Paint. Kind of, FORCED practice. I still prefer my ancient programs, but I'm TRYING to get modernized. lol

I'm looking for a new animation program, where I can rig a decent skeleton to an existing sketch and make it move. Tried one recently called Cartoon Animator 4 Pro. But it's not really what I'm looking for in that department.

Someone in a group I'm in, suggested Moho 13, it's about $400, so I'll have to save up a bit to be able to budget it, if I decide to buy it. Fortunately, it's got a 30 day trial period, so after I watch some tutorials on it, I'll probably do the trial. I'm also in the market for a new picture host. Photobucket absolutely SUCKS nowawdays!

Anyone knows of a cheap or free host, I'd appreciate being enlightened. I haven't had the best of luck with searching so far. ^^;

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there! 

For me personally I draw using an apple pencil on a Surface Pro, it's pretty much the only thing I can use while laying down (because of my sciatica)! 

• 1 year later...

There are some excellent free programs like Medibang Paint or Krita. I like Krita better personally because I just had an easier time setting it up with pressure sensitivity.
Wacom has the best pens but tends to be pricey. The One by Wacom will be perfectly fine for me as a beginner.
Even with the less pressure points I can make really light sketch lines and normal lines.