How much longer for the Wraith Plot?

sezzzzzzy

Hey all!

I'm having a bit of a dilemma and am seeking the opinions of more experienced Neopians. This is my first plot, and I've been kind of liking it but now I'm at the spending neopoints on things for potions stage and I'm not sure if it is worth it. I'm going overseas for 6 weeks starting next week and won't be playing at all. 

Do you all think the plot will be over before the end of February? If not, I think it would be cheaper to buy things now as it will become more expensive by the time I come back, but I don't want to fork out heaps of neopoints and then reap minimal rewards for an unfinished plot....

Thank you all in advance for your wondrous advice :)

It is hard to say really. If the past is any indication,  I would say no, it will not be over by then as it has been slow going. But that is jmo.  I guess it was slow going at first due to the daily dare event. But it hasn't seemed to pick up much speed since. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really tired of this plot. I've said it before, but I don't battle and have no way to get the ingredients for the potions.  There really should be other options for non-fighting Neopets.  I like puzzles and searches, just not impossible (for me) battles to get ingredients.  I'm thinking of just skipping Neopets for a while, hoping it will be over soon.

1 hour ago, Trea said:

I'm really tired of this plot. I've said it before, but I don't battle and have no way to get the ingredients for the potions.  There really should be other options for non-fighting Neopets.  I like puzzles and searches, just not impossible (for me) battles to get ingredients.  I'm thinking of just skipping Neopets for a while, hoping it will be over soon.

They told players for over a year to train their pet because a plot involving the battledome was coming. This plot also dropped in September, that's more than enough time to start sending pets to the Academy to train for the Easy level wraiths.

If people are still too lazy after literal months, then they can only blame themselves and not really complain to staff about how the plot was set up.

You could each search the pound for a pet with high enough HP to take on the wraiths on Easy to get the ingredients.

@Trea For rapid training, I suggest training to level 50 so you can get Lens Flare. With this ability, some decent weapons you should be able to 1-hit them on Easy or finish them off in round 2. As hrtbrk said, a little effort goes a long way. If you can't train or fight and want to participate in the plot, then you'll have to resort to buying the ingredients. At least with Trudy's Surprise you can make around 200k neopoints each month.

I would suggest doing as hrtbrk suggested and search the pound for a pet to battle with or borrow one from a friend if you want to battle and not buy the needed ingredients.

@Trea If this plot isn't your cup o' tea, there will be other plots and events that don't even touch the Battledome. We haven't had a plot with battling, to my recollection, since the Obelisk War over 2 years ago. Before that, it was more years than that, though I WAS on an on-again-off-again hiatus during a number of those years. ;) Trust me, there will be plots that don't require battling. Hrtbrk though, has a very valid point. TNT's been hinting about the plot requiring the need to battle for a long time before the plot actually started. So we all had a long time to prep. First war plot I participated in I didn't do too well because I was new. So I hear ya, in fact, the Obelisk War was the first war, in all the years I've played, I felt I did decently at. So just work on a battle pet for the next time battling happens to be in a plot. And you can advance farther then. ;)

15 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

If people are still too lazy after literal months, then they can only blame themselves and not really complain to staff about how the plot was set up.

That's unkind.  I'm not lazy.  This site is just for fun, you know.  I don't like to battle.  It's not fun.  I just wish they had built in other options, or at least not disrupted the entire site with the purple haze.  I bought ingredients at first to make potions, but now greed has kicked in and they are too expensive.  I'll just be glad when it is over.

19 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

They told players for over a year to train their pet because a plot involving the battledome was coming. This plot also dropped in September, that's more than enough time to start sending pets to the Academy to train for the Easy level wraiths.

You could each search the pound for a pet with high enough HP to take on the wraiths on Easy to get the ingredients.

To be honest, if I hadn't been active on TDN, I'd have missed those hints too, as I never pay much attention to the news. I'm a fairly casual player, always have been. I mostly just do my dailies. And I barely registered these hints as it is. I haven't upped my training, even though my pets stats are really low for someone who's been playing as long as I have. I just don't care for battles; I find them incredibly boring. The only reason I'm doing them is to advance in this plot. (I'll occasionally join in the obelisk war as well and do the bare minimum in the hopes of getting a good boon, but it always feels like a chore.)

Plus, I think it is kinda odd that you're practically being forced into this plot if you want to get rid of the purple fog, and even casual players just doing their dailies would want that, since it keeps blocking things you want to do. So I think @Trea does have a point that this plot is pretty disruptive for someone who has no interest in it (which is totally fair; you don't have to be interested in every part of Neopets), especially since it's lasting so long. If it'd been over in a month, it might've been different, but I can totally imagine being super annoyed at the purple haze. (I actually am annoyed that I can't even use the soup kitchen to feed the pets on my sides. I only bother to feed them every month or so (or less), but still there have been several times where I wanted to, but the purple haze made it impossible.)

Playing Neopets is supposed to be fun; being forced into doing something you don't enjoy (e.g. battles) a lot, or spending a ton of NP on the ingredients, just to be able to do your dailies: decidedly not fun.

7 hours ago, Trea said:

That's unkind.  I'm not lazy.  This site is just for fun, you know.  I don't like to battle.  It's not fun.  I just wish they had built in other options, or at least not disrupted the entire site with the purple haze.  I bought ingredients at first to make potions, but now greed has kicked in and they are too expensive.  I'll just be glad when it is over.

Sorry but I disagree on having an alternate option to cater to people who aren't interested in the battledome.

It's a battledome themed plot for the players who spend years and millions of neopoints training their pet for something exactly like this. At bare minimum, casual players have had 5 months to loosely, easily, and cheaply train their pet to fight wraiths on Easy. If they chose not to do that, for whatever reasoning, I do not think they should be complaining about the plot - other than the Haze intruding on parts of the site for them and others who are not participating at all.

We can agree to disagree.

I think the plot itself is interesting. I just wish I could participate in some other way.  I'm happy for the other players who like to battle.  I just like to feed my pets, dress them up, fix their homes, things like that.  I have completed the Altador Plot and thought it was fun.  Agree to disagree.

50 minutes ago, Trea said:

I think the plot itself is interesting. I just wish I could participate in some other way.  I'm happy for the other players who like to battle.  I just like to feed my pets, dress them up, fix their homes, things like that.  I have completed the Altador Plot and thought it was fun.  Agree to disagree.

You know, a plot like that may happen. During the Curse of Maraqua plot, which I stunk at because I was not a very experienced battler yet, you could either fight or support. I forget what the supporters did. I chose to battle of course, but didn't get very far. LOL But yeah, perhaps write in to the Neopian Times and ask them for a plot with a supporter role besides a battler role. You could also aire your grievances about the haze interfering with the site. I found that rather annoying as well, especially after I used a potion to clear the haze, it would sometimes still load up later. So it certainly wasn't a snag-free event. TNT does all sorts of plots, and as long as they do, TDN will do it's best to get the facts and the stats figured as soon as possible. ^_^

• 1 month later...

On the boards yesterday people were saying how there's been a smidge of movement on the Infirmary patient's health bars. Only a tiny bit, mind.

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether this was TNT's doing or people using potions.

Malum's no longer in his "woe is me" pose now though, so SOMETHING has been achieved!

FORWARD PROGRESS!  :dance: