Gift of NC Remains Double; Safe To Spend

hrtbrk

Some Neocash users who qualified for the Gift of NC were surprised to learn they received double the amount they had earned earlier this month, but no one knew if it was safe to spend or not as this glitch didn't affect everyone.

Neopets has confirmed via Neomail that since it was their error, it is okay to keep and spend AND they doubled the amount for everyone!

In the Season of Giving you spent much NC,
Bonuses were given as our little thank ye,

However, some over-excited Raindorfs over-gave here and there,
and we sure heard you say that it was not fair!

So we put our heads together to see what we can do,
The Pants Devil... sheesh... he wanted to take, take, take from you!

But we love our loyal Neopians and the support you give
So double your bonus we have, and with that we shall live.

Whether granted to you on January 8th or now, please feel free to spend this extra NC with clear conscience!

Thank you for being a loyal shopper! We hope you had a wonderful holiday season. Have fun spending your bonus NC at the NC Mall!

- The Neopets Team

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with TNT's response to this. They should've taken care of it much sooner (or not let it happen in the first place), but I think letting people keep the extra NC will earn them a bit of goodwill. And the rhyme is actually really cute. 

(One thing that has me still giving them side-eye: the Pants Devil. *facepalm*)

I'm actually pretty pumped about this! If it results in extra NC I'm ok that it happened in the first place lol.. I made a big error trading over the holidays by not realizing you need multiple boxes to trade someone a minipack. This takes the sting out a little ;)

I'm thrilled about this! When I saw the NM I was sure it was going to be them telling me to get rid of half of them, good for them for being so generous instead!

I'm hopeful it has the effect they're undoubtedly wishing for and gets some more people to buy NC, it's absolutely going to generate a lot of good will (a lot of cynicism too but pfft, lol).

And yes, the rhyme is a very cute and endearing way of telling us. :D

Yes, I thought it was going to be telling me they already removed half of what they gave.  But I saw they hadn't so it piqued my curiosity.  I think it is nice of them, but at the same time, it really is only fair.  They are the ones who messed up.  

And, to be "double sure", this was posted on "The Official Neopets Team Message Board", January 16, 2018, at 5:07 pm:

Hi Guys!!

A couple things I wanted to let you know about!

First off, for the Gift of NC glitch that occurred...we have decided that everyone deserves a little extra around the holidays! So, instead of taking away the extra that everyone we received, we are going to let you keep it (yes, you are free to spend it). For those you didn't get the extra, you will get it soon as well!!!

Also, for the Wraith items! So, whether the cap will be raised or not is still being decided butttt we have minimized the healing effort! We appreciate everyone's hard work so far and want to make sure no one has to miss out on anything! If there are further updates, I will let you know!

Sorry for no news yesterday, TNT had an off day!

-TNT

Uh, with less "Dr. Seussian" talk.

ref: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159207445

and what if someone didn't receive any?? :/ my account is valid, and I am an honest, fair player.... I didn't violate anything, I paid for the NC with my own money... I didn;t get any bonus NC, not even single time... :(

19 minutes ago, jagocianka said:

and what if someone didn't receive any?? :/ my account is valid, and I am an honest, fair player.... I didn't violate anything, I paid for the NC with my own money... I didn;t get any bonus NC, not even single time... :(

I may be stating the obvious here, but did you purchase items with your NC during the timeframe to obtain the bonus NC or did you simply just purchase NC and hold onto it to get the bonus amount without spending any?

In order to get the bonus you had to spend a certain amount of NC. Simply purchasing NC doesn't give you the bonus.

If you're still missing your bonus NC, then submit a ticket to TNT and they'll resolve it as soon as they can.