More Purple haze

falingtrea

You'll have to do all the other steps first, Mystic Murmurs to find the location and unlock the opponent, and then fight the opponent for ingredients, and then go to Taelia and you should have new potions to create and clear the fog. 

Yep, Jimi Hendrix playing in my head now too!

:rambo::guitar:

Hopefully it all works for you once you do everything in order. It must be pretty confusing for people coming to the plot late and the haze is all over the place!

So I heard a rumor that they increased the item cap for the previous items and was pleasantly surprised to find that they actually did! They waited WAY too long to make that decision but at least people can finish the Fyora achievement now without spending a ridiculous amount on inflated ingredients (of course I just spent 250k yesterday because I was worried I wouldn't get it in time :crying_anim:).

This was fun at first, but now it is just annoying.  I don't battle in Battledome. Never have.  I don't want to spend a fortune in NP to get potions, because everyone has jacked up the prices on the components.  They need to wind this up or give the pacifists on Neopets another way to play.

1 hour ago, Trea said:

This was fun at first, but now it is just annoying.  I don't battle in Battledome. Never have.  I don't want to spend a fortune in NP to get potions, because everyone has jacked up the prices on the components.  They need to wind this up or give the pacifists on Neopets another way to play.

Almost all the plots have a battledome component though. When I first started playing, I never battled either and I didn't even get that battling was even part of the plots so I missed out on a lot. I only relatively recently started actively training my pet and playing 1 player battledome. 

I hadn't realized that a new plot step was released. I just randomly saw the Wraith Blood as a new Item on jellyneo but nothing in the News. Is there a new wraith to battle as well?

To clear the new purple haze:

• Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity is cleared by Potion 7 (VII): 1x Wraith Blood , 1x Wraith Fur , 1x Wraith Claw
  • Coltzan's Shrine is cleared by Potion 8 (VIII): 2x Wraith Blood , 1x Wraith Fang
  • Tombola is cleared by Potion 9 (IX): 1x Wraith Fang , 2x Wraith Blood , 1x Wraith Claw
  • Fruit Machine is cleared by Potion 10 (X): 1x Wraith Ectoplasm , 1x Wraith Fur , 1x Wraith Claw , 1x Wraith Fang , 1x Wraith Blood

So in total, you will need 6 Wraith Blood, 2 Wraith Fur, 3 Wraith Claw, 3 Wraith Fang, and 1 Wraith Ectoplasm to clear these.

And if you weren't aware yet, you will need to answer a new Murmur, unlock the Faerie's chest (you receive a new weapon "Reflecting Vanities"), and battle the new challenger Hulking Wraith to obtain the Wraith Blood. 

6 hours ago, Trea said:

I agree totally. I knew I wouldn't have time for all of this, so I haven't done any. I would have thought they could make an event that didn't affect non-players. Or at least remove the purple haze once it's clicked. It comes back even after you click "OK". 

I'll admit I'm finding it hard to focus on this stuff now. I guess my addled brain's had enough.

That clicking OK on the haze is basically just saying "not right now," (it's the Neopian equivalent of getting nagged at to do Windows updates, at least this can't shut down on you as soon as your back is turned! xD) so it's not going to get rid of it permanently, that would render the removal with potions part of things pointless. I think it is good that we have this means to temporarily bypass it though.

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

Did they not increase the cap for Wraith Ectoplasm? I've battled the Snapjaw like, 30 times, and I haven't gotten a single Ectoplasm.

They may not have. I've been battling the Snapjaw Wraith, too, but no Ectoplasm drop. I ended up buying one, so I could make Taelia's Concoction X. It's possible they didn't raise the Ectoplasm limit, as it was giving out more than it might have been supposed to.

I have been battling Snapjaw Wraith and didn't get any, but I had more than the cap. I asked my friend who only had the 35 Ectoplasms, my friend is getting more! I asked for a screenshot too:

Screenshot-2018-1-19 NEOPETS BATTLEDOME .png

This is my first day clicking the Fruit Machine with the purple haze. It slowed it down so much I left before it came to a stop. If I had won anything, would leaving the page before the fruit have stopped spinning make any difference? Wouldn't it just show up as extra NP and/or a prize in my inventory? Or do I need to wait it out?

I  believe you need to wait it out. If I go to a different tab I won't get anything until I go back to the Fruit machine, wait for it to stop spinning (as it won't continue when i leave the tab) before I get anything. I don't know if it's different on different browsers though.  I'm using Firefox.

20 hours ago, AppaMomo said:

To clear the new purple haze:

• Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity is cleared by Potion 7 (VII): 1x Wraith Blood , 1x Wraith Fur , 1x Wraith Claw
  • Coltzan's Shrine is cleared by Potion 8 (VIII): 2x Wraith Blood , 1x Wraith Fang
  • Tombola is cleared by Potion 9 (IX): 1x Wraith Fang , 2x Wraith Blood , 1x Wraith Claw
  • Fruit Machine is cleared by Potion 10 (X): 1x Wraith Ectoplasm , 1x Wraith Fur , 1x Wraith Claw , 1x Wraith Fang , 1x Wraith Blood

So in total, you will need 6 Wraith Blood, 2 Wraith Fur, 3 Wraith Claw, 3 Wraith Fang, and 1 Wraith Ectoplasm to clear these.

And if you weren't aware yet, you will need to answer a new Murmur, unlock the Faerie's chest (you receive a new weapon "Reflecting Vanities"), and battle the new challenger Hulking Wraith to obtain the Wraith Blood. 

I hope this doesn't mean that I will be stuck with the purple haze forever since I gave up on the plot. It was too hard to keep up. Btw, I love your name! Appa is so cute!

3 hours ago, Duma said:

I  believe you need to wait it out. If I go to a different tab I won't get anything until I go back to the Fruit machine, wait for it to stop spinning (as it won't continue when i leave the tab) before I get anything. I don't know if it's different on different browsers though.  I'm using Firefox.

Yeah I've noticed you need to remain on the tab for it to stop spinning, it's the same for Trudy too, I think.

Good job it's not like that for the Wheel of Monotony. lol.gif

Will this go on forever now?  Or will it stop once everyone is rescued, healed, whatever?  I just can't get into it.  Like I said, I don't even know how to do the Battledome thing, and apparently you have to do it many, many times to get what you need.

3 hours ago, Trea said:

Will this go on forever now?  Or will it stop once everyone is rescued, healed, whatever?  I just can't get into it.  Like I said, I don't even know how to do the Battledome thing, and apparently you have to do it many, many times to get what you need.

It's just moving slowly, but it'll end eventually. ;)

What is it about the Battledome that's giving you trouble? I'm sure someone on here could give you some tips. Have you taken a look at TDN's Battlepedia yet?

I just don't like fighting games.  Of any kind.  I like exploring games or puzzles, but I have never liked fighting games.  Thank you for the link to the Battlepedia.  I looked it over, but it just isn't for me.  I don't want to get my pets injured.  I don't want to injure other pets.  

Edited by Trea
Added text.

1 hour ago, Trea said:

I just don't like fighting games.  Of any kind.  I like exploring games or puzzles, but I have never liked fighting games.  Thank you for the link to the Battlepedia.  I looked it over, but it just isn't for me.  I don't want to get my pets injured.  I don't want to injure other pets.  

I understand, I much prefer puzzles as well, although I should probably mention that - and I know this is going to sound weird - I never really viewed the Battledome as a fighting game. You just click a few buttons and... that's pretty much it. I'm sure that avid battlers will probably have strategies and favourite weapons and stuff, but to me it's really just clicking a few buttons to get prizes. I'm not a fan of it either (mostly because I find it boring - probably because of my lack of strategy), but some of the prizes are pretty nice and it's useful during plots.

As for injuring your pets: considering I don't visit the Battledome often (outside of this plot), my pets lose about as much HP in the Battledome as they do during dailies. And the opponents always turn out fine too. ;)

Perhaps I'm not the best person to give advice on this, since I don't particularly enjoy the Battledome and my pets are always half-dead anyway (because I'm lazy and don't take good care of them), but I personally consider the Battledome more boring than violent. I'm not trying to convince you to fight though, I just wanted to share some (biased) observations of the Battledome with you, since it's a part of most plots. You obviously don't have to fight if you don't want to. :)