Nay for Missing the Hockey Game

WhiteWolf

I'm a huge hockey fan, and I've been a fan of the Florida Panthers since Day One. I got tickets for the Panthers and Golden Knights game which was played tonight.

Here's where things head south: My fiance bruised a muscle in his leg a few days ago. He's in the kind of pain where it hurts to stand. Obviously, we couldn't go to the game.  I put my game face on, and took one for the team-in so many ways. I acted like it was cool, and I could wait until next month's game but any sports fans here know what I was feeling.

Just to add salt to the wound, one of the commentators said "If you weren't here, you missed the thrill ride of the season." I kinda took that one personally.

Awwww, I'm sorry.  That really sucks.  And then to have it rubbed in your face by a stupid sports commentator is even worse.  I am a huge football so I know how you feel.  I am STILL trying to get over the sting of the final play of the last 10 seconds of my Saints losing to the Vikings.  I feel ya.  You are a good fiancee'.

Awww, that's unfortunate. I know how you feel.....I've been a Montreal Canadiens fan for quite some time and I would have taken it a bit poorly as well.

Life gets in the way sometime :/ and you did the right thing staying with your fiance. At least you have another game to go to next month :)

First, good news: My fiance is in a little less pain today. I still had to go to the grocery store by myself though. Not a big deal though.

I really can't hold the comment against Denis Potvin too much. He's the only original Panthers commentator left. That gets some serious love from me.  Overall, I know I did the right thing, but I really wanted to go that game. Stupid accident. I'd better be able to go to the game on February 6, or I'll blow a gasket!

@iheartsaku- It should be interesting when the Panthers play the Canadiens on March 8th. lol