Advice for battling hulking wraith

emily_speck_15

Hello, I recently started battling just to get ingredients for the wraith resurgence, and am having trouble consistently beating the hulking wraith.  I can, it just is about every other battle is a loss or tie starting from full hp and always ending with 0-15hp left.  I have been working on improving my pet's stats, but since it takes a bit at the pirate academy it is slow going.  

Currently I am mainly fighting with the reflecting vanities, winged palm blade and the lesser healing scroll to heal once per battle.   Any suggestions on how better to fight him, what a better battle set would be like, or anything else let me know!

image.thumb.png.b19b79364a18e52ed3e090d2da0facbf.pngCurrently I a

Are you making full use of the abilities you have?

It's a shame you can't have lens flare yet, but you could use some of the others to just give you that win. Make sure you train up your level to 50 so you can have that, it's a life saver!

You could either do some more damage, take less damage or heal up a bit with them. The weapons are fine. Maybe you could buy a Greater Healing scroll since that heals 50HP, twice what your lesser does.

Also you could switch out a weapon you're not using, for example the snowager sword, for the Thistleberry Pingrenade we received in GMC. They turned out pretty expensive at 400k but maybe you have it! Having a bomb in your equipment is always a  good idea. You could also go for a muffin (for example brain muffin, sells for about 200 NP) as bomb. They're a lot cheaper but one use. So if you use them, its gone and you'll have to buy a new one.

I have a couple of weapons in my arsenal I'm not using at the moment. I could lend you my Ylanas Blaster and Hansos Charisma Charm if you like. I also have Downsize that I'm not using, so if you'd like to try that as well let me know. They're good weapons and you should be able to defeat the Hulking Wraith a little easier. If you're interested send me a neomail and I'll send them over.

Like @Duma said check out some of the Daily Dare and GMC weapons as they were pretty good for being a free weapon. Also training to level 50 for lens flare would be a huge help, depending how far away from it you are. Also with what Duma said, a Greater Healing Scroll would be beneficial for you as well. It will heal you 50HP, so if you're really down it can bring you almost all the way back up and give you more of a fighting chance.

Good luck!

Mouseykins and Duma have some very good ideas.  I would most definitely train up to level 50 as lens flare is a life saver, LITERALLY!  lol.  As far as weapons are concerned, I would get rid of either the shining celesta sword or the reflecting vanities as they are crappy and replace with the fiendish key.  We got that one from the plot.  If you have the thistleberry pingrenade, I would definitely use that or the yooyu knuckle duster. Another decent weapon, from I believe the GMC, is the water powered pistol.  It does 13 attack and 5 defensive icons.  I think there are much better weapons you could have and I would put an ultranova in your set too.  It does a nice amount of damage but if it comes down to it, it could be the difference between surviving and not.

I know you asked for advice but I sent you 6 Wraith Blood so you can at least make some potions and get going. I sent you a private email about this.

Granny

if you can afford the investment, i definitely recommend the Cursed Elixir, personally. it cost me 100k to get ((theres still like 120 of them in shops, just keep refreshing)), and im no expert battler yet, but its been my #1 weapon since i got it and with the way i fight i dont see myself needing an upgrade for a long, long time. it deals 20hp of unblockable damage and adds it to your own health, plus a few physical icons thrown in on top. its perfect in the daily codestone harvest, especially for those just starting to train. just beat the rocks out of the kreludan defender robot without even needing to heal afterwards, which in turn helps you train up against the hulking wraith.

it may still be a bit tough for aruols current level tho... shes at the x1.5 boost, but my blackbolt is at the x2.5 boost with 120 health and uses the Cursed Elixir, Reflecting Vanities, and the Icicle ability, and the hulking wraith still sometimes survives that ((in which case i use the Vanities again with Lens Flare to finish him off without taking any more damage)). weve done very well so far, but it still chisels down blackbolts health rather quickly... however, what i love about the Elixir is that once you get too low on health for comfort, you can simply have a few battles with a weak opponent such as the kreludan defender robot or chia clown, and just suck out their health like a vampire until youve healed up enough to continue fighting the wraiths. at aruols level you may need to heal up after every wraith fight, so it may take some time, but its much cheaper ((in the long run)) than healing potions and much faster than waiting for the healing springs. at least worth suggesting. =)

On 1/21/2018 at 4:44 PM, Duma said:

Are you making full use of the abilities you have?

It's a shame you can't have lens flare yet, but you could use some of the others to just give you that win. Make sure you train up your level to 50 so you can have that, it's a life saver!

You could either do some more damage, take less damage or heal up a bit with them. The weapons are fine. Maybe you could buy a Greater Healing scroll since that heals 50HP, twice what your lesser does.

Also you could switch out a weapon you're not using, for example the snowager sword, for the Thistleberry Pingrenade we received in GMC. They turned out pretty expensive at 400k but maybe you have it! Having a bomb in your equipment is always a  good idea. You could also go for a muffin (for example brain muffin, sells for about 200 NP) as bomb. They're a lot cheaper but one use. So if you use them, its gone and you'll have to buy a new one.

WOW so much advice!

I liked you idea of the greater healing scroll and went ahead and bid on one to get!  I don't have the Pinegrade, but looked into muffins and they do deal quite a bit of damage. 

23 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

I have a couple of weapons in my arsenal I'm not using at the moment. I could lend you my Ylanas Blaster and Hansos Charisma Charm if you like. I also have Downsize that I'm not using, so if you'd like to try that as well let me know. They're good weapons and you should be able to defeat the Hulking Wraith a little easier. If you're interested send me a neomail and I'll send them over.

Like @Duma said check out some of the Daily Dare and GMC weapons as they were pretty good for being a free weapon. Also training to level 50 for lens flare would be a huge help, depending how far away from it you are. Also with what Duma said, a Greater Healing Scroll would be beneficial for you as well. It will heal you 50HP, so if you're really down it can bring you almost all the way back up and give you more of a fighting chance.

Good luck!

First of all, isn't downside a one use thing? 

Second, currently I am working on training up my stats until they are at the max for the Swashbuckling academy, then will start working on moving up my level.  

21 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Mouseykins and Duma have some very good ideas.  I would most definitely train up to level 50 as lens flare is a life saver, LITERALLY!  lol.  As far as weapons are concerned, I would get rid of either the shining celesta sword or the reflecting vanities as they are crappy and replace with the fiendish key.  We got that one from the plot.  If you have the thistleberry pingrenade, I would definitely use that or the yooyu knuckle duster. Another decent weapon, from I believe the GMC, is the water powered pistol.  It does 13 attack and 5 defensive icons.  I think there are much better weapons you could have and I would put an ultranova in your set too.  It does a nice amount of damage but if it comes down to it, it could be the difference between surviving and not.

I looked into the Yooyu knuckle duster and it looks really good!  I think I will buy it.

6 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

I know you asked for advice but I sent you 6 Wraith Blood so you can at least make some potions and get going. I sent you a private email about this.

Granny

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, evervast said:

if you can afford the investment, i definitely recommend the Cursed Elixir, personally. it cost me 100k to get ((theres still like 120 of them in shops, just keep refreshing)), and im no expert battler yet, but its been my #1 weapon since i got it and with the way i fight i dont see myself needing an upgrade for a long, long time. it deals 20hp of unblockable damage and adds it to your own health, plus a few physical icons thrown in on top. its perfect in the daily codestone harvest, especially for those just starting to train. just beat the rocks out of the kreludan defender robot without even needing to heal afterwards, which in turn helps you train up against the hulking wraith.

it may still be a bit tough for aruols current level tho... shes at the x1.5 boost, but my blackbolt is at the x2.5 boost with 120 health and uses the Cursed Elixir, Reflecting Vanities, and the Icicle ability, and the hulking wraith still sometimes survives that ((in which case i use the Vanities again with Lens Flare to finish him off without taking any more damage)). weve done very well so far, but it still chisels down blackbolts health rather quickly... however, what i love about the Elixir is that once you get too low on health for comfort, you can simply have a few battles with a weak opponent such as the kreludan defender robot or chia clown, and just suck out their health like a vampire until youve healed up enough to continue fighting the wraiths. at aruols level you may need to heal up after every wraith fight, so it may take some time, but its much cheaper ((in the long run)) than healing potions and much faster than waiting for the healing springs. at least worth suggesting. =)

Thanks for the advice!

2 hours ago, emily_speck_15 said:

First of all, isn't downside a one use thing?

Nope, Downsize! is a once per battle thing. You get to keep it and it will protect you from 50% of the damage for one turn. They sell for about 4K NP. I still have it in my equipment, rarely use it now though since I have lens flare and Warlocks rage but used it a lot when my pet was just an itsy-bitsy battler.

I went ahead and gave you one, but it's up to you if you want to use it or not. At least you can try it out ^_^

I'm at Level 30. 54 HP (although I've been beating Hulking Wraith with 47 before I trained this high). 55 Attack and 55 Defence.

I recommend you train your stats up to 55 so you get the extra boost. As for abilities I'm only using Shade and an Icicle during battle.

My equipment during battle is Yooyu Knuckle Duster, Blue Scorchstone (healing), Reflecting Vanities, and Patched Magic Hat.

Around 1/3 of the time I can one hit KO with Yooyu Knockle Duster, Reflecting Vanities, and an Icicle.

If not, next turn I swap out Reflecting Vanities with my Blue Scorchstone for healing, rest stays the same. Around 90% of the time I win by this round.

Rarely, it might still not be beaten yet. Then I just use the Patched Magic Hat in place of the now gone once per battle Blue Scorchstone. At this point, I have a 50/50 chance of winning or tying with it... But again this last part rarely happens. I usually win on the 2nd turn.

You might need to invest in some better weapons. The cool thing with the Blue Scorchstone is after, you can go do some battles with Snapjaw Wraith to heal yourself and you can fight Hulking Wraith again.

Edited by sunny098
Adding more tips.

I use the Reflecting Vanities as a weapon and Downsize to lessen damage on the first turn. Then on the second turn, I switch out Downsize with Cursed Elixir of Neovia. Spell is always an Icicle to give more damage (I'm not level 50 yet so I don't have Lens Flare). I usually last for a few rounds before getting my HP depleted to 10+, in which case I battle Snapjaw to heal myself back up to 70 ish HP :)