Kass Basher: Unable to unlock the bat

Greyshe_wolf

Hey all,

Before I start can I just say I've looked at the guide numerous times, watched vids on youtube and as far as I am aware, I am doing everything right but the max I can hit the kass is 386m and no more (and the fact I can do this pretty consistently over the last few years makes me think it's not a practice issue.). I'm beginning to think it's maybe something to do with my mouse being overly sensitive or some other setting. Has anyone ever had the same problem?

Many thanks,

Heidi

I agree, definitely use the spacebar. It's way easier to control than the mouse. 

I'm assuming you read about this in guides, but just to make sure--are you holding the mouse/spacebar down while the kass is flying? That can make a big difference in your distance. 

Thank you both for the replies, it's very appreciated. So glad it's not just me then, will get some practice in with the spacebar and see if I can finally unlock the bat.

I hold it down while the kass is heading upwards (keeping him streamlined, I assume) and let go as he's heading down so he glides farther.

1 hour ago, jaydeed said:

Don't do what i did and panic if you get the giant tree though, lol.

I got the tree and completely failed to hit the Kass with it. :axehead:  :laugh:

I did the exact same thing. Just so tensed up I swung and missed completely. Oh well. I'll get it again in another few years and maybe I'll have better luck then ::g:: I'm guessing the trophy part of the HST is impossible without it?

1 hour ago, jaydeed said:

I did the exact same thing. Just so tensed up I swung and missed completely. Oh well. I'll get it again in another few years and maybe I'll have better luck then ::g:: I'm guessing the trophy part of the HST is impossible without it?

I'd guess so, yeah. Though I think it's likely super hard to get a successful hit with the tree because you don't get to practice with it.

1,167 is my all time farthest and I haven't been able to surpass roughly 860-930 since. 

I use a method I learned from a guide years ago:

1. Hit the tail right when the wind reaches 9

2. Hold down the mouse button while it flies

3. Let go when it starts to descend 

4. Click each time it bounces on the ground. 

Clearly, I need a new method. Not for the bat obviously, but for a trophy. 

@Buffy I think it's pretty much impossible to get a trophy without the tree. I occasionally score over 1000 with the bat, must it's mainly in the 850-950 range, similar to you. And even at 1000, the trophy is still a hundred points or more out of reach.

@kayahtik The tree? What tree? 

(and here I am fulfilling the absurd 7-word minimum. It can be hard because some legit questions or responses can be short.)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts at least 7 words or more. Adding a filler sentence to get around the word limit is not allowed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.

17 minutes ago, Buffy said:

@kayahtik The tree? What tree? 

(and here I am fulfilling the absurd 7-word minimum. It can be hard because some legit questions or responses can be short.)

Every so often instead of the normal bat, you get the full tree to swing. It hits the plushie a lot further than the bat, so if you hit the plushie with it just right with the highest wind you can get some serious distance. But it is extremely rare and most either freak out because they aren't expecting it, or just mess up since they aren't used to hitting with it.

22 minutes ago, Panthersclaw said:

Every so often instead of the normal bat, you get the full tree to swing. It hits the plushie a lot further than the bat, so if you hit the plushie with it just right with the highest wind you can get some serious distance. But it is extremely rare and most either freak out because they aren't expecting it, or just mess up since they aren't used to hitting with it.

Yep, exactly that. I play this game almost every single day, and I've only gotten the tree once, many years ago. I was so caught off-guard that I half-missed the Kass and it didn't go as far as it should have. My high score is still from that game, though. I haven't been able to beat it since, even with high wind, excellent timing, and 4+ bounces. 

3 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Yep, exactly that. I play this game almost every single day, and I've only gotten the tree once, many years ago. I was so caught off-guard that I half-missed the Kass and it didn't go as far as it should have. My high score is still from that game, though. I haven't been able to beat it since, even with high wind, excellent timing, and 4+ bounces. 

I have been playing it almost every day as well and I never got it. You are luckier than I am to have gotten it at all haha :biggrin:

Wow. 

I was once an avid player, at a time I'd use my three NP sends daily and clearly since I hadn't heard of it until now, I've never had this occurrence. 

I recently ran CCleaner so I got to start over with Kass Basher, yay? lol. I'm stuck with the bread at the moment, too, my highest score so far has been 400. I know I'll get 460 at some point, as I've managed it eventually every time before, but until it happens I'll be still be convinced it'll never happen, lol.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I recently ran CCleaner so I got to start over with Kass Basher, yay? lol. I'm stuck with the bread at the moment, too, my highest score so far has been 400. I know I'll get 460 at some point, as I've managed it eventually every time before, but until it happens I'll be still be convinced it'll never happen, lol.

This has happened to me a few times when I've deleted my cookies. It's always really frustrating to have to unlock the levels again. You'd think that info would be saved to your account in a more permanent way than cookies. My high score is over 1000, but I can't use the stick? Ok, thanks Neo. 

Anyway, it's a pain because the kass falls slower for the bread and stick than it does for the bat, and totally throws off the timing that you've gotten used to. Good luck unlocking the bat again!

38 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Anyway, it's a pain because the kass falls slower for the bread and stick than it does for the bat, and totally throws off the timing that you've gotten used to. Good luck unlocking the bat again!

YES! That totally catches you out, doesn't it. :laugh:

The flip-side of that being once you get back to the bat it's too fast. :axehead: xD

• 1 month later...

I need a short vent. 

Yesterday I played for the first time in at least a year. 

Kass Basher got seriously cheap!

A distance of I believe it was 850 or higher used to give 1000 NP but now even the 990's won't give 500! [removed]?!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not curse in posts, this includes acronyms. Offensive content has been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, please review our forum rules.