Annd the Captchas are back -_-

jellysundae

Looks like they may have taken them down. I'm in Firefox and they're not showing up for me I just get the message about Meepits redirecting me.

5 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Looks like they may have taken them down. I'm in Firefox and they're not showing up for me I just get the message about Meepits redirecting me.

Yeah they've gone for me now too! \o/

Well that's a relief! :D

The captcha's never really got taken down, they won't ask for a captcha's for the first few profiles you go to, but after about 10 in a row they start asking for captcha's and if you keep going to profiles they ask for harder and harder captcha's (Tracing stop signs and cars, various memory matching, matching like items, rather annoying). At the beginning of the month I check every one of my Guild Member's profile to see if they're active (to make sure they're still able to receive gifts from others and to do my monthly guild sweep of inactive members) and with 100+ profiles to check the captcha's make it so slow...... Was excited when I did it 2 months ago and it didn't ask for a captcha the first few goes, but then it started asking them because I was having to look at so many profiles.

10 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

The captcha's never really got taken down, they won't ask for a captcha's for the first few profiles you go to, but after about 10 in a row they start asking for captcha's and if you keep going to profiles they ask for harder and harder captcha's (Tracing stop signs and cars, various memory matching, matching like items, rather annoying). At the beginning of the month I check every one of my Guild Member's profile to see if they're active (to make sure they're still able to receive gifts from others and to do my monthly guild sweep of inactive members) and with 100+ profiles to check the captcha's make it so slow...... Was excited when I did it 2 months ago and it didn't ask for a captcha the first few goes, but then it started asking them because I was having to look at so many profiles.

Interesting! I like this process actually. Very annoying for you most definitely, because you're legitimately checking a lot of profiles, but hopefully successfully off-putting for the hackers out there.

I was clearing out neofriends the other day so I visited a lot of profiles (I don't know like 98% of the people who send me requests then never contact me LOL). So I had a few thrown my way, but overall nothing too bad. I can handle some - and am SO GLAD we don't have to do it every single time now. So...glad I missed the glitch where they were back for a bit :P